Equalize the Lawtia Tanks

User suggestions to improve the game

Equalize the Lawtia Tanks

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:10 pm

Broken Virus
Arguably more tanky than hellsmoke because of the auto heal.
10 more attack than hellsmoke. Kills pesky 40 hp or 50 hp units in one shot.
On close gives 1 more agi and 20 more attack than hellsmoke.
Does not have weaknesses of undeads

Hellsmoke
10 attack to another unit on close.
Gets drained by exorcist doll on opponent's side of the field.
Can't field him and exo doll on your field.
One talisman of disruption and your whole game is lost (you've lost a unit, probably don't want to revive him unless you're running POM 1st ss, and will have a lot of sp from him dying early game).
Weak to other undead hate cards.
Less stats than broken virus.

Ex CAK
Immune to max hp hate.
Talisman still destroys him by giving opponent 20 defense and taking out one copy.
Can't field him and exo doll on your field.
Gets sp locked by opponent's exo doll.
Dies incredibly fast to ss and attacks due to having only 40 hp.
1 more agi than hellsmoke.
10 more attack than hellsmoke.
20 less hp than hellsmoke.

Rev
Not a usable unit outside of undeads.

Solution:
Equalize the power of the units (nerf broken virus, buff undeads) so that we have some semblance of balance. Feels like this game is about who has the best and rarest cards, the rarest of which is miku cards right now.
Icyman2

Re: Equalize the Lawtia Tanks

Postby Icyglare » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 pm

Oh yea, I remember I wanted to make a topic about Talisman. I think it should be changed a little bit, something like:

Target Undead gets restore all stats to base, HP = 0, and engaged
Target unit gets DEF+10

It still harms undead files really well without nerfing it into nonexistance. I know we've seen a lot of undead spam back then but now it's a..... Ghost Town... lol?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:25 pm

Icyglare wrote:Oh yea, I remember I wanted to make a topic about Talisman. I think it should be changed a little bit, something like:

Target Undead gets restore all stats to base, HP = 0, and engaged
Target unit gets DEF+10

It still harms undead files really well without nerfing it into nonexistance. I know we've seen a lot of undead spam back then but now it's a..... Ghost Town... lol?

It's not just undead files... it's undead tanks. Why was augmented doll used so much? It definitely was not because it was op, and the errata should be reverted. Overdose is the one that should get changed to not be mutitarget. Augmented doll was used a lot because it is a setup unit, not as much as a tank, that does not die to talisman or disruption or other undead weaknesses that people have access to. She also has guaranteed damage and is good offensively with overdose. Broken virus just has the perfect stats for a tank. High hp and high attack, kind of like limier. It takes care of stall files that can be really dangerous if built up and at the same time does not require upkeeep with sp.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:29 pm

Icyman2 wrote:Equalize the power of the units (nerf broken virus, buff undeads) so that we have some semblance of balance. Feels like this game is about who has the best and rarest cards, the rarest of which is miku cards right now.

Feels? Geez it's snowing outside, i see so much snow and when i look at it, it feels as if it's winter and cold. :lol:

No, it's not snowing over here, but it's too damn obvious that it's all about the rarest cards.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:33 am

They're different in their own ways--EG if you plan on using Igina, you may prefer helljoke over the other two since he can put her to that magical 50 atk when heavy shield is involved. Similarly, EXCAK will resist max HP whereas BV won't. And both of those have PoM support whereas BV has...not much in the way of recurring her.

So on a standalone basis, BV is definitely the best tank Lawt has. But if you start looking at synergies and teamwork, the other undeads have something to offer as well.
AqvasFire2

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:42 am

AqvasFire2 wrote:So on a standalone basis, BV is definitely the best tank Lawt has. But if you start looking at synergies and teamwork, the other undeads have something to offer as well.

If you tell yourself that enough times, maybe you'll believe it. I would not use hellsmoke in a file with igina. I would much rather have broken virus, since i need a strong standalone unit to counter returns that igina files are weak to. Outside of an undead file, which is now obsolete and nowhere to be found, broken virus is much better in every aspect.
The max hp hate immunity in ex cak really isn't that strong. You realize sergis still kills a copy of him while sergis kills no copies of broken virus right? Broken virus then can take 3 hits, ex cak can take 2-4 hits. If both opponents had only sergis and those 2 units on the field, broken virus would actually close ex cak first.
Icyman2

Postby Icyglare » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:59 am

For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:41 am

U guys is crazy, the lawtia tanks is good.
Callonia

Postby Anima13 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:21 am

Why is it an issue if a sphere has access to units of same functionality with different strenghs and weaknesses? Would you find it inovative, if alteil would keep releasing sea hunter with different pictures every other set?
Anima13

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:21 am

It's about bad tanks.

Crest Regenerator was released understated and thus released as a garbage card, right from the start.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau