Ex Merm is OP

User suggestions to improve the game

Ex Merm is OP

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:58 pm

Welcome the new falkow tank with more tankiness than sea hunter and combos with emana. Yes she has attack immunity and heals 20 hp per turn and has 1-3 more agi to get that heal/immunity, in exchange for 5 defense. Early game, she basically can't be hit. Compare that with say sea hunter.
I'm going to call op on this unit with emana and mermaid shield soldier before everyone starts playing diondora control. Yes it would beat lawtia rush right now.
Icyman2

Re: Ex Merm is OP

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Actually if set 12 has MANY actionskills that are CHEAP (such as combat monk's) on low rarity units, then you can call her balanced.

Well i lost with carbuncles to it. The reason was volfied banning my chars early on. Mistakes i made (imo):
- for example forcing the opponent to return every turn my shemale carbuncle would have worked in my favor if i also pinpointed the owl sage ... downside, it could have only worked in that game since that opponent didn't have returns to bs some more
- then i should have 2 RNG carbuncles on row 1 a lot earlier to kill annoying backrow stuff ... oh well

But either way, with ex mystere + emana and spirits and actually having returns in file few decent SS, you basically bash your way to the top if you also get the mermaid. Bloody crazy combo for sure.

Again, i blame the lack of actionskills. She wouldn't be able to do what she does with them being more abundant. Guess this is what happens when you hard lock all the valuable stuff onto the rare and super rare stuff.

Also ex mystere + emana are already a strong deck even without oeste and attack immune mermaid. Basically it's emana and ex mystere that make it so strong. They are incredibly powerful.

We have exact same problem with ryu and not because he can be attack immune. It's once again the lack of CHEAP AND USEFUL actionskills on COMMON CARDS, although he can actually hit for 60 damage and thus is basically a level 5 or 5 and a half.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:44 pm

I was talking about dion control and powercreep over sea hunter, but sure, she can also be used (not as effectively) in emana mystere. Thankfully I haven't seen this file in folrart yet but it's going to be super annoying if I do.
Icyman2

Postby kirk22 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Icyman2 wrote:I was talking about dion control and powercreep over sea hunter, but sure, she can also be used (not as effectively) in emana mystere. Thankfully I haven't seen this file in folrart yet but it's going to be super annoying if I do.

She can also be used in Mage Soldiers for luls. Its fun to make it so Balmoa immune to attacks.
ImageImage
kirk22

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Yes that is horribly strong against units with no way of harming other units aside from direct attack.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:03 pm

but then... Ryu and Balmoa
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Anima13 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:16 am

Ryu needs gowen spheres and a lvl3 support unit (=distruptable, field relieing) on the field to to do what it can. so sp wise his set up is equivalent to urgant (6 sp in lawtia), just has more punch, no sp drain and 10 hp more tankiness (which is needed probably on half of lvl4 falkow units anyway).

Ex mermaid is a very good tank no doubt, but i would not call it OP not when the game is full of cheap damaging attack skills, startskills, open skills and startskills.
Attack immunity is present in the game long time just neglected. It has its strenghs but no way is it Op, you just need to take a look to posses action skill carriing units when you design your deck. Manta long time trolled you if you didn' t do that.
Anima13

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:16 am

I am not saying it is op in mage soldiers. Holy ****. I am saying it is op for stalling in diondora files. It can take more damage than sea hunter and has attack immunity and combos with emana.
Cheap = 0 sp. Anything else and diondora gets sp advantage on you. What 0 sp open can kill ex mermaid? Allind? Yeah that's it. Cheap my **** ****.
What **** files have a setup unit with a 0 sp action skill that can actually kill ex mermaid and prevent locking? Oh there is a rare unit that does that? Let me return it.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:29 am

In that regard i still don't see the EX Merm herself as OP.

If the return (+ tidal + wrath of seadonkey) grim itself gives too much support to dio file, then those grims are OP.

And seriously we lack the cheap actionskills. Cheap is as icy said 0 SP and that's what we really need considering what the ex merm does.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:32 am

She is op because she renders some units completely useless, allowing either emana to pinpoint problem units with her action skill or return or rasam to take care of problem units. She can stall for a very long time, protecting your field until diondora comes into play and returns everything. Plus she makes sure she will not die early game because there is no early game units with action skills.
Icyman2

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau