Underdog wins doesn't work

ATTENTION! Here is where to post BUGS!

Re: Underdog wins doesn't work

Postby Urkredel » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:28 am

just won a legit battle, no win ... again -_- ..on top of that, this time no give up from the opponent.. it's quite frustrating....

the ONLY thing i can think about my file is the 2 sylphs, that are shielded , and for some reason not counted as the free "great spirits" ?
please please fix this thing!
Urkredel

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 pm

I said it in the chat, but I envy your (everyone's) patience in testing an obviously broken system despite hundreds of reports of its dysfunctionality.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Logress » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:59 pm

So one thing that isn't clear, are the underdog wins inconsistent even when the File is? Meaning, same unaltered file sometimes gets wins and sometimes doesn't? So we didn't change anything, just updated the list of underdog cards it reads from. If the generated list is bad, some cards may not be registering. In that case, a File would consistently get wins or not. Otherwise, it's just an instability in the script that runs after a battle. Not sure why it would be inconsistent all of a sudden. Could it just be that more people are trying for underdog wins since the list updated, so an existing issue is only now coming to light?
"Scissors are overpowered. Rock is fine." -Paper
Logress

Postby hexagram » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:01 pm

So underdog seems to be working on and off

Just won a game normally oppenent 0 lp and did not count. Although the game before where the opponent gave up did count. Whereas before it was the opposite way around.

My advice : don't bother with playing underdog for the achievement till it is fixed.

Unless you enjoy playing underdog files anyway.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:05 pm

Logress wrote:So one thing that isn't clear, are the underdog wins inconsistent even when the File is? Meaning, same unaltered file sometimes gets wins and sometimes doesn't? So we didn't change anything, just updated the list of underdog cards it reads from. If the generated list is bad, some cards may not be registering. In that case, a File would consistently get wins or not. Otherwise, it's just an instability in the script that runs after a battle. Not sure why it would be inconsistent all of a sudden. Could it just be that more people are trying for underdog wins since the list updated, so an existing issue is only now coming to light?

From my general observation the entire system is random and fickle right now. It works for certain people consistently, and doesn't work for some at all. For others it works irregularly.
It has been like this since your attempted (and failed) update almost two weeks ago.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby killer_floss » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:48 am

From what I have seen after going through all the achievement motions to activate the pre-reqs, it seems like the game only registers it if you get someone down to 0 LP after 10 turns. 'cause so far I think I have about 5 wins that are after 10 turns, but only 2 of them are when my opponent has reached 0LP (other 3 they just gave up). The system seems to have only registered two wins.
killer_floss

Postby hexagram » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:04 pm

All my underdog games use the same file

Just won a normal game opponent 0lp 10+turns - underdog win counted. I wonder if this corresponds with daily duelist as this game was also my daily duelist game.

Then the next game straight after I also won normally opponent 0lp 10+ turns but it did not count.

So far I have got 11 wins and 7 loses with this new underdog file and only 4 have counted.

I am really confused as to what the problem is but Logress is probably right - something wrong with the script?

edit: correction - the 2nd game that did not count eventually did count(after reseting a few times, logging off /logging in, after about half an hour)- now on 5 underdog wins. Sometimes you just have to be patient- can take time for the system to register

update: won another game opponent gave up turn 10+ and surprise surprise did not count
Last edited by hexagram on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby gabotheplaya » Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Update on this? i hear its still broken.
ImageImage
gabotheplaya

Postby Urkredel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:24 am

just did a test, still not working for me..
Urkredel

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Urkredel wrote:just did a test, still not working for me..

Reports like this are not helpful.

Post your file, # of turns that proceeded and how you won the battle (give up or LP=0) and how many and what exception cards you are using.
Romdeau

PreviousNext

Return to Fellana's Laboratory