What is needed all around?

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: What is needed all around?

Postby Pikeru » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:33 am

I'm all for grimless Falkow myself, but even that card seems considerably overpowered as well. The open skill setting your sp to your opponent's grims is way too good, especially without the once-per-duel clause set on it. Despite most of my files having only 0-2 grims, I'm still not certain grimbane should even exist in this game, especially 0 sp ones and even more so if they carry a second effect. On the other hand, this could be more to do with deck destruction as a whole in this game. When your hand every turn is your whole deck and once again every creature having three lives, it's essentially a highly amplified version of what in any other game would be hand destruction. You're not drawing new cards to replace the ones taken, they're gone permanently, no getting them back and no top-decking Monster Reborn/Eternal Witness.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby angelspawns » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 am

Should have once per duel clause, good catch. Same goes for that TGC action on full healing, i'll have to rework that. Should work only on friendly TGC and/or without the +1SP.
I just have alot of trouble in TGC Priests managing SP. It's constantly recycling your SP with sacrificials, trying to upkeep enough SP for Gilensa and/or Raste to keep the whole thing standing. (i'm using Lvl1 Miffy & 3SP SS & Engage SS and still can barely upkeep a field) No SP = dead field, cuz you aint killing a whole lot with dozens of 10~25Atk units and 1 big hitter.

Other then that DG hates Refess with a passion. :) The main thing i did was putting neglected Grim effects on units for same or higher cost, because Refess needs to put units on the field.
But i'll respect every1s opinion and stop arguing. I rather see this topic filled with more ideas (some good some bad) then endless bickering. It's just theorycrafting fun ideas. Only the guys in power decide what's usable and what aint.
angelspawns

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 pm

Sphere: Lawtia
Level: 3
HP: 50
AT: 20
DEF: 5
AGI: 2
RNG: 1
Primary Subtype: dutchy of crest
Secondary Subtype: none
Skills:
Startskill (0 SP) : One random enemy unit of 60 HP or higher gets DF -5 and MAX HP -20. Then this unit gets MAX HP +20, HP +20 and DF +5.
Actionskill (0 SP) : Do damage AT -10 to one random unit within range. Remove 3 cards from rival iczers cemetery from the game.

Basically lawtia is the debuff sphere, but it lacks from it or has high cost on debuff. Emoblade was supposed to have what elite fencer got. The 2 Lv 2 debuffers we got in lawtia are too frail and costly.

It also lacks a lot cemetery removal and cemetery manipulation, which is basically what it should have too!

Dutchy have lots of AT but hardly any AGI or HP or debuff or anything else. Also this is supposed to be a low rarity unit.

Sphere: Lawtia
Level 3
HP 30
AT 40
DF 0
AGI 2
RNG 2
Type None / Warrior
Startskill (0 SP) : One enemy unit of AGI 2 or lower gets RNG - 3, then this unit gets RNG +1 and AT +10.
Autoskill (0 SP) : (conditional use / at least one falkow warrior is on the field closed or open) Two random enemy units get RNG -1 for this turn.
Closeskill (0 SP) : (conditional use / at least one gowen warrior is on the field closed or open) Do damage this unit's AT all units within range of RNG 0 or below.

Again lawtia debuff and the other skills are a bonus for those who play warriors across the spheres, but neither sphere is a necessity.

And I wanted to suggest DG's Lv 2 gowen that gives 1 SP next turn. Without the other shade type card in this game, this Lv 2 is a must for gowen, because it's unfair for them to be excluded.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Shadow1798 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:48 pm

Sphere: Falkow
AT: 30
DEF: 0
RNG: 2
Monster / Sea Behemoth

Start Skill: (0SP) Engage target enemy unit in [area: 7-8-9].
Action Skill: (1SP) Deal [damage: AT] to target enemy unit in range. And then, choose one open Area on the enemy field and move hit enemy unit into the chosen area.
Rapidly Flying Apprentice's Kill Count: 14 Izcers.
Shadow1798

Postby AqvasFire2 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Shadow1798 wrote:Sphere: Falkow
AT: 30
Monster / Sea Behemoth

Start Skill: (0SP) Engage target enemy unit in [area: 7-8-9].
Action Skill: (1SP) Deal [damage: AT] to target enemy unit in range. And then, choose one open Area on the enemy field and move hit enemy unit into the chosen area.

YES PLEASE. People say Falkow has frog but frog just ain't that great. Couple this guy with teleport or a flanking or just use his action, not to mention a 1 range pinpointer to take out small units to clear the way for Diondora...I would absolutely LOVE this guy in Dio control.
AqvasFire2

Postby Anima13 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:50 am

I would like to start with some lvl1 cards.

lawtia
Ex shade (lvl1):
10HP, 10 attack, agi3
Open skill: Rival Iczer gets SP-1.

this design just reflect how much i dislike shade (personally). I accept his position in the game balance, but then pls release this card :D.
---------------
falkow

lvl1 opening unit
stats irrelevant
Openskill 1sp: You get SP+1 at the beginning of next turn.
Openskill 0sp: move 2 lvl1 grimoires from your file out of game
Openskill 0sp: increase your grimcount by 2

there are increasing amount of grim shufflers appearing in game. the opening unit should set this up and give an alternative way of usage without relieing on phases where is use the grim. I choose to make the lvl1 falkow spacific, cause we have curretnly 2 falkow and one refess unit doing this, and because refess unit would make 4 sp with this open.

falkow
lvl1 grimoire
Openskill: you get SP+1
Openskill: return target friendly unit of lvl X (X>4) to your card file, then retrun target enemy unit of lvl Y (Y is less or equal to X) to their cardfile.
Openskill: you get Xsp, opponent get Y sp

a return grim for big units past lvl5. It follows the concept of falkow and try to balance out that falkow units are not standalone in big. It buffs the complete spheres big without the need to redesign any of the old units, and helps to bring falkows mid/big to the position where other spheres bigs and mid are sitting since many many sets.
Last edited by Anima13 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anima13

Postby sunbunman » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 am

angelspawns wrote:Sphere: Falkow
Level: 1
HP: 20
AT: 10
AGI: 1
Primary Subtype: Wizard Kingdom
Secondary Subtype: Strategist
Skills:
Open Skill (0SP) = Remove all Grims in your File from the Game. You get SP +1.
Trait/Rankup = If there are no Grims in the Removed from Game Zone, this units base Stats are doubled.

Action Skill (0SP) = All friendly WK units get MHP+10. This unit gets MHP -20.
Action Skill (0SP)= All friendly WK units get [AT +This units AT]. This unit gets AT -10.
Action Skill (0SP)= All friendly WK units get [DEF +This units DEF]. This unit gets Def -5.
Action Skill (0SP)= All friendly WK units get [AGI +This units AGI]. This unit gets Agi -1.

A would advice against ever EVER producing this card,because we have Refugee Spear Master / Aria. Now then imagine this unit creating a field of 60 hp mk, 70 hp aria, 50 hp leet fencer, 40 hp ex wizzy soldier and 20 hp sage all of which are buffed by pegasus. And trust me when i tell you this, that field isn't difficult to build.

Maybe target wk unit gets mhp buff instead of the field, would prevent things getting out of hand. Also I'd make her a lvl 2, too much free buff potential for a lvl 1 imo.

angelspawns wrote:Sphere: Falkow
HP: 60
AT: 0
AGI: 3
RNG: 1
Secondary Subtype: Royalty
Skills:
Open Skill (0SP) = First time this Skill is activated, You get Grimcount & SP = Number of Grimoires in opponents Cardfile.
Open Skill (0SP) = Send all Grimoires in your Cardfile to the Cemetery.

Auto Skill (0SP) = This unit gets [AT+ number of times you invoked a Grimoire card] for this turn.
Action Skill (0SP) = Send one random Grimoire Card from Rival Iczer Cardfile to the Cemetery. This count as a Grimoire Activation.
Close Skill (0SP) = [conditional use/6 or more Grimoire Activations] Return a random Falkow Card from your Cemetery to your Cardfile, except this unit.
Basically the support for a Grimless Falkow file. Will tank & remove Grims early game for you, while she has huge potential to gain SP/AT depending on your opponents Grims. She should be a big help to Falkow rush building up without the aid of Grims (even for grimcount units).

I'm quite fond of this one, can combo with both bernets old one to retrieve lost grims and act as a sac and new one to pump up the grimcount. Also would make a lvl 3 grim count file liable. Though I think you gave this unit far too many stat points, that should be the stats for a lvl 4 not a lvl 3 especially in a falkow file...

Now for my turn =p

Sphere: Falkow
HP: 30
AT: 0
AGI: 5
Secondary Subtype: Strategist

1. Open skill: (0sp) 2 target WK units get max hp +5 and are fully healed
2. Action skill: (0sp) Select one friendly [subtype: Wizard Kingdom] except this unit gets agi +1. This unit gets at = selected unit's agi x10. Do at to one random enemy unit in rng.
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:11 pm

If there's going to be grimless falkow we should also try to make non-start skill dependent refess rushes. Any ideas guys?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby angelspawns » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Easy. Openskill buffed Refess. ;)
angelspawns

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Openskill spam pretty much more damage based.

Endskill is an interesting approach. Those who played alteil Jp know these are skills activating at the end of the round.

Refess is a lot based on counters. It's interesting as long as these counters aren't overpowering.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau