Ex Merm is OP

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Ex Merm is OP

Postby gadu » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Now I've seen everything, Pirates file with Dion. :roll: The SP control of Pirates is on par with the best Lawt has to offer and seeing Dion in there just made me lol.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby VertuHonagan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 am

This is a funny topic. My mermaids has always had Mermaid Princess / Emana in them. My mermaids are always naturally unable to be hit by action skills. The only reason I use Ex Mermaid in the files is because of her health, speed, and on the off chance that my opponent pinpoints my Emana I still have a unit to keep my units from being hit by action skills. The only reason you all think she is OP is because she helps OP units.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby AquasFire3 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:19 pm

Shes sort of op until your using a deck with no actions skills D: Then she is extremley op. Which i have like 2 decks that are like that and then you cant do **** D: Vs mermaid decks
AquasFire3

Postby Pikeru » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:30 pm

AqvasFire2 wrote:At some point, people will have to suck it up and realize that Dion control is here to stay.

This is the exact kind of complacency and non-forward thinking that leads to staleness and herd mentality. The American Revolution would've never happened if George Washington told himself this line. That comparison may be overly extreme, but the thought process is identical.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Well maybe dio is alright? Not sure what to say about her, but at least you can kill that pest. But there is no real way around tidal + return. You just get your unit sent flying straight to the card file, no questions asked, no SP back!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm

I think the 20 HP heal on EX mermaid is counter intuitive and totally out of sphere + it really doesn't make any sense to add heal on an unit that already is powerful in doing something that basically belongs to some other sphere. It's so refessish it might as well start requiring refess spheres. :? :? :?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Anima13 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:47 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:I think the 20 HP heal on EX mermaid is counter intuitive and totally out of sphere + it really doesn't make any sense to add heal on an unit that already is powerful in doing something that basically belongs to some other sphere. It's so refessish it might as well start requiring refess spheres. :? :? :?

Pera Mermaids is a falkow tribe with refess mentality. so the heal is absolutly ok there (from mindset perspective).
Anima13

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:51 pm

Not really. If you check overall stats and skills mechanics you will notice it's utterly power creeped. It got falkowness and refessness boosted up to the point where it could as well require 2~3 of both refess and falkow levels.

It gains speed, attack immunity, heal, protects friendly unit from attack and can deal some nice damage. It's mindblowingly powercreeped.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Anima13 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:15 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Not really. If you check overall stats and skills mechanics you will notice it's utterly power creeped. It got falkowness and refessness boosted up to the point where it could as well require 2~3 of both refess and falkow levels.

It gains speed, attack immunity, heal, protects friendly unit from attack and can deal some nice damage. It's mindblowingly powercreeped.

2 things. first: yes i understand its "powercreep" yet thats not much different to other Ex cards either.

second: mermaids has refess like mindset:

A, full of Defensive skills for filed buiding and stalling: attack skill immunity (4*emmana, now ex mermaid), heal(mermaid socress human, 5*emana, exmermaid, mermaid dancer) , revive (5*emana, harpist), position shuffling (mermaid spear fighter), max hp raising (mermaid dancer)

B, unlike eg in wk, single units are incapable to make good use of a higher sp advantage. Mermaids need to invest their sp advantage in a field (retruns are rather ineffective due to that)

C tankier units with weak attack (above average hp for falkow lvl3 units). Most offensive abilities having a filed requirement (5*emana, mermaid spear human, human mermaid soldier )

D weakness to control oriented files (due to B), better performance against gowen and lawtia.

E refess like "master buffers" (metia, shufas)

btw this is not the first subtype that has out ot sphere mindset. this is a very common direction for the evolution of the balance in game.
Anima13

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Anima13 wrote:D weakness to control oriented files (due to B), better performance against gowen and lawtia.

It should have probably been gowen and refess from that perspective. Lawtia has a lot more control than refess, due to bitter destiny and sp drain. Refes might sometimes win against mermaids by constantly killing them by having a superior field, but they don't have control orientation. Gowen has the least chance.

On a sidenote, can we please have some lawtia and falkow oriented files in refess to cancel our the refess orientated files in other spheres? I'd like to see more tribes like WK and augments rather than more refess style tribes.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau