Stall Trolls and Turn 9 Quitters

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Stall Trolls and Turn 9 Quitters

Postby GillesdeRais » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:12 pm

i can understand banning the stall trolls but the turn 9 quitters is just pure lameness...
GillesdeRais

Postby worthing » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:38 am

Well im glad this list is growing. Starting to think you are just targeting a select few people to try and humiliate them. I played against lecaf yesterday and she quit turn like 13? And i have played vs razor multiple times and he has never stalled and when he quits he does it on like turn 4. Also I have played against lecaf many times in the past and never saw her do anything like stalling or quitting turn 9 on purpose. Original poster this thread disgusts me and so does your original post.
worthing

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:26 am

GillesdeRais wrote:i can understand banning the stall trolls but the turn 9 quitters is just pure lameness...

^This.
Why I need to pay attention to the number of turn if I wanted to quit my match?
Maybe you just summon your Cyclone/Dio/Bitter Destiny/Zu/Dikate/Noze/Shin on turn 8 and I just realized I forgot to put any card that can help to recover from that.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Muklas » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:35 am

Because it's rude you cavemen.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby caeser » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:52 am

CainHyde wrote:Why I need to pay attention to the number of turn if I wanted to quit my match?

Events, like the current 5 of 7, and both the Daily Duelist and Underdog achievements require 10 rounds to count. If you go a full 9 rounds and then realize you want to quit, why not help your opponent out and wait a couple of minutes to quit in round 10? Or, if you want to quit, why not ask your opponent if they need 10 rounds? I believe this to be good sportsmanship and should be part of establishing a sense of community among the player base.

For me it boils down to this - I often don't have much time to play and have to squeeze in a match when I can. It becomes very frustrating when someone quits round 9 and I don't get credit for the event/achievement, when they could have just stuck around an extra minute or two. For me it's precious time that was just wasted.
caeser

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:23 am

What's up with the stupid turn limit of 5 of 7 anyway? We don't need it. I don't need it. Why do you need it?

Useless! Redundant! It has to be removed!

Also if the opponent quits turn 9 it's not the opponents fault, it's the game fault for putting in place such silly and unimportant restriction.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:33 am

caeser wrote:
CainHyde wrote:Why I need to pay attention to the number of turn if I wanted to quit my match?

Events, like the current 5 of 7, and both the Daily Duelist and Underdog achievements require 10 rounds to count. If you go a full 9 rounds and then realize you want to quit, why not help your opponent out and wait a couple of minutes to quit in round 10? Or, if you want to quit, why not ask your opponent if they need 10 rounds? I believe this to be good sportsmanship and should be part of establishing a sense of community among the player base.

For me it boils down to this - I often don't have much time to play and have to squeeze in a match when I can. It becomes very frustrating when someone quits round 9 and I don't get credit for the event/achievement, when they could have just stuck around an extra minute or two. For me it's precious time that was just wasted.

That's just an example btw.
I'm pretty sure most of time I trigger "absolutely not fun anymore" flag and decide to quit before turn 9, can't remember on what turn.
Once I even immediately quit after seeing my opponent opening card. (Hint: Pixie most annoying open against certain type of file)
Too bad for my opponent, but I'm not ready to continue that kind of duel.

Yes, usually I am tempted to quit after seeing single rage-worthy card.
I seriously don't pay attention to the number of turn once that happened.
I'll just assume it's already past turn 10 since they decide to use those kind of "Totally Not Fun at all" cards.

---
@Pera:
So stupid spyclone deck user can't use that deck to do 5 of 7?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:58 am

worthing wrote:Well im glad this list is growing. Starting to think you are just targeting a select few people to try and humiliate them. I played against lecaf yesterday and she quit turn like 13? And i have played vs razor multiple times and he has never stalled and when he quits he does it on like turn 4. Also I have played against lecaf many times in the past and never saw her do anything like stalling or quitting turn 9 on purpose. Original poster this thread disgusts me and so does your original post.

A hero arises.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:04 am

CainHyde wrote:
caeser wrote:

That's just an example btw.
I'm pretty sure most of time I trigger "absolutely not fun anymore" flag and decide to quit before turn 9, can't remember on what turn.
Once I even immediately quit after seeing my opponent opening card. (Hint: Pixie most annoying open against certain type of file)
Too bad for my opponent, but I'm not ready to continue that kind of duel.

Yes, usually I am tempted to quit after seeing single rage-worthy card.
I seriously don't pay attention to the number of turn once that happened.
I'll just assume it's already past turn 10 since they decide to use those kind of "Totally Not Fun at all" cards.

---
@Pera:
So stupid spyclone deck user can't use that deck to do 5 of 7?

I'm saying it's not the spyclone user's fault and neither his opponent's fault. It's the game's fault for imposing that restriction.

- The spyclone player should play whatever he wants. He really should, which he does. It's the game that makes the cards anyway.
- If the opponent has no joy in playing against that file then once again he has every right to be upset. It's the game that needs to ensure both players are entertained.
- The game shouldn't have such stupid 10 turn restriction in the first place! If people play rush files and they get sorted out by turn 7 then what the hell is the problem with quitting there if all LP are gone then?

If the game needs to have duels of 10 turns, then only reasonable thing that can be done is to make the card design more focused on creating longer games.

And excluding either rush files or spyclone files from 5 of 7 ain't a smart move either. The cards were created to be played not to idle during these events.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:52 am

your opponent has no obligation to help you. if he wants to not waste his time and quit turn 9, he has every right to.
Icyman2

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion