Sprint #3 11/30/2012

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Sprint #3 11/30/2012

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:16 am

Underdog doesn't work! This further ruins any chance to enjoy folrart.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby MysteryMan » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:56 am

Just an update on how things are going:
- From a development standpoint, new development is going significantly faster than expected but we don't have as many resources to devote to it as we'd like. The net result is still a gain simply because of the speed our staff has been able to output results.
- A large portion of our effort is being put in accelerating our speed for future spirals. This involves hiring new personnel, contractors, and the like as well as improving our internal processes. One noticeable immediate effect should be the turnaround time of support tickets, though you'll see the real impact on all areas come January. If all goes according to plan, this will not be a slight increase, it'll be a massive one. So far there are no hindernaces or issues.
- A lot of people spoke of monitization. We are committing resources to looking at ways to help address the core issues that I have been seeing. A lot of this involves getting thumbs up from legal because money is involved.
- I'm pressing hard to accelerate the speed in which we produce videos as I'm not happy with it, which is also filed under accelerating our speed of future spirals.

So far the changes and results have been good.

Would anyone like video updates instead of only text updates?
MysteryMan

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:48 am

I prefer the text updates but i'm biased because i'm deaf.
Callonia

Postby wakka9ca » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:08 pm

For the pricing model it's a tricky situation simply because the the playerbase is so small. The common price/demand relationship does not hold in Alteil's case. (The common-sense version of the price/demand curve only works in a relatively large ecosystem).

Potential solutions are very risky from a financial point of view. It's like the eye of the storm. The current status quo could potentially lead to a very slow death of the game. However, if the current status quo is broken, there is a great risk. If you cannot get out of the transition mode as fast as possible or make a wrong move, it's over.

Pinpointing any card is a good idea but completely destroys the current profit source of Alteil. One possible solution is to rotate pinpoint cards on a weekly/monthly basis. For instance, as an upgrade to Logress Lotto, you can sell specific (random?) cards from all rarity each week/month.

Subscription looks like an interesting idea too but it will only work if the player base is big. Thus, the dilemma.
wakka9ca

Postby GonFreeces31 » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:16 pm

MysteryMan wrote:- I'm pressing hard to accelerate the speed in which we produce videos as I'm not happy with it, which is also filed under accelerating our speed of future spirals.

I think you guys need to one that goes over the broad aspects and selling points of the game. Show people the artwork, the spheres, the cards and spells, and generally how the game plays out. It would be good to show people to generate interest after your 30 second elevator speech.

I was going to make one like this but kind of lost interest/motivation.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby tropireno » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:47 pm

Yes, I would be interested in video updates. And it's good to know that (hopefully) something is being done about monetization.
tropireno

Postby MysteryMan » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:19 am

Logress has defeated the pile of regenerating paperwork demon so now I'm working hard to get paypal alternatives online.

tropireno wrote:Yes, I would be interested in video updates. And it's good to know that (hopefully) something is being done about monetization.

Great. Barring extenuating circumstances, most of my updates come Jan should be accompanied with a video :).
MysteryMan

Postby Urkredel » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:57 am

what about underdog Mys ? is it fixed?
Urkredel

Postby Callonia » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:22 pm

MysteryMan wrote:Logress has defeated the pile of regenerating paperwork demon so now I'm working hard to get paypal alternatives online.

tropireno wrote:Yes, I would be interested in video updates. And it's good to know that (hopefully) something is being done about monetization.

Great. Barring extenuating circumstances, most of my updates come Jan should be accompanied with a video :).

So he used fire to kill the hydra instead of swords?
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:16 am

Bug report feature appears to not be working.

I think I've encountered a bug in the shop. Sent a support ticket request and I received no confirmation mail.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion