Return gran penalty for quit games

User suggestions to improve the game

Return gran penalty for quit games

Postby fargone » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:49 pm

Hi all,

Since the new weekly gran set up, there has been a rise in early quits. I would like to suggest that any game you lose by quitting attracts the -1gran penalty for the weekly gran.

This will give people some incentive to finish their games, and reduce the likelihood of ppl constantly quitting until they can find an easy win.

If the bad sportsmanship continues, the game isn't gonna get any better. Why not encourage it good sportsmanship with small things like weekly gran?

Please discuss.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Re: Return gran penalty for quit games

Postby LoneKnight » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:51 pm

It's like looking at a dog chasing its own tail...
LoneKnight

Postby fargone » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:54 pm

It must be really early here (it is) because I don't understand the context of your reply LK.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

fargone

Postby Callonia » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:03 pm

Guess what? It'll do nothing lol. people will still quit anyways.

Easiest way to fix this is to make alteil moar fun.

If you want people to stick and fight it out even when loss is guaranteed within 99.99% certainity, make it so that the amount of damage they cause on the opponent is proportional to the exp they will gain. The winner will gain 50% bonus. It makes me try difficult on world of tanks even when I get put on the team with special kids my poor m4 sherman it have some of the worst luck for the past month xD

1 exp for losing even when they fight hard and reduce your uber op deck to 1 lp and lost.

Try harder fargone because all your post does is sound like you're butthurt and encourage the quitters to quit even harder.
Callonia

Postby fargone » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Callonia wrote:Guess what? It'll do nothing lol. people will still quit anyways.

Easiest way to fix this is to make alteil moar fun.

If you want people to stick and fight it out even when loss is guaranteed within 99.99% certainity, make it so that the amount of damage they cause on the opponent is proportional to the exp they will gain. The winner will gain 50% bonus. It makes me try difficult on world of tanks even when I get put on the team with special kids my poor m4 sherman it have some of the worst luck for the past month xD

1 exp for losing even when they fight hard and reduce your uber op deck to 1 lp and lost.

Try harder fargone because all your post does is sound like you're butthurt and encourage the quitters to quit even harder.

I haven't actually played the game. You butt-hurt comment makes you look **** stupid - what exactly can I possibly be butt-hurt about?

I made this suggestion because of all of the complaints in the forums - which you have been party to. Personally I couldn't give two shits cos I play less than one game per week and nobody has stalled on me.

In fact, I might just go into the arenas a quit on turn 9 a bunch of times just annoy people like you...

...not really.

I hope people do "quit even harder" (what does that even mean?) for you call. In the mean time, what is being done about the quitters you love to rage about? I have not encountered any at all myself, so wouldn't know. I don't do underdog, I don't play seriously... in fact some might even say I barely play at all.

Did you lose to someone using one of my files call? Cos you sound butthurt, not me. I haven't even played in weeks. Nobody has stalled on me.

I guess suggesting a solution instead of crying about a problem is an issue in these forums.

Cry more little man, let the adults speak.
GonFreeces31 wrote:

fargone

Postby Callonia » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:46 pm

Have you even read my post lulz.

All I said is that I pretty much don't care and pointed out that it won't even stop the quitters from quitting.

In fact I don't even care if people quit on me, i don't blame them for it at all. Alteil doesn't reward fighting it out.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:49 pm

Again, why punish the players?

And i think loneknight meant this thread is going backwards instead of trying to promote a step forward in the right direction.

Just remove the damn turn restriction and we stop blaming the players for early quits. If the game ain't enjoyable and people are forced to sit in there 10 turns, they might as well quit the game for good. Does that make you happy? Does that make anyone happy? No? Well i guess not, but this is what will happen if we add "features" that force people to stay locked in a game playing or suffer punishment if they quit.

Perhaps callonia meant with quitting even harder simply that more people will quit for good the game or at least for longer periods of time. It wouldn't be surprising!
And whoever feels like quitting will quit with or without turn restrictions and gran restrictions. They might even not play since it gives -1 gran.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:07 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:And whoever feels like quitting will quit with or without turn restrictions and gran restrictions. They might even not play since it gives -1 gran.

There is wisdom in this sentence. People isn't autonomous hive, they all have different desires.

Meanwhile did a duel just now and completely torched an Verlaat lvl 5 deck with old old old ainhazard deck. solar kingdom didn't stand a chance. Stupid replay save failing so no get to save it.
Callonia

Postby Pikeru » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:41 pm

Indeed, this is in fact a non-solution. People who quit will only see the -1 gran as a more than worthwhile investment. The penalty needs to be considerably more creative. I believe one possibility is to suspend the early quitter from Folrart challenges for around an hour or so.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby shadowsketch » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:39 pm

It's more time efficient to quit on a game you know will lose and play again than to waste time fighting an impossible battle.

Callonia wrote:Alteil doesn't reward fighting it out.

This this this. You still get the same consolation prize if you take an opponent down to 1 LP and lose as well as quitting on turn 7. One's just more time efficient than the other, and losing 1 gran is not a big enough penalty since that's just insignificant.
shadowsketch

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau