Return gran penalty for quit games

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Return gran penalty for quit games

Postby Aoi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:56 pm

Don't know about the 1 hour ban time for quits, Because if your just trying to have a game and you disconnect, come back just to see a 1 hour ban that is probably going to drive away a lot of players as well. I remember disconnecting at least 4-6 times before turn 10 when trying to reach that 30 duel thing for set 11.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby Pikeru » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:24 am

It doesn't matter what the penalty is if they ever choose to add one. It'll always be applied to people who dc, regardless. This can't be helped aside from getting a more reliable connection, which may or may not be a possibility for some people.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Shirozaki » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:49 am

Pikeru wrote:It doesn't matter what the penalty is if they ever choose to add one. It'll always be applied to people who dc, regardless. This can't be helped aside from getting a more reliable connection, which may or may not be a possibility for some people.

Implying they are not actually considering this, and working on a solution.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:45 am

Stop asking for penalties. They game is already penalizing enough as it is.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:24 pm

Pikeru wrote:Indeed, this is in fact a non-solution. People who quit will only see the -1 gran as a more than worthwhile investment. The penalty needs to be considerably more creative. I believe one possibility is to suspend the early quitter from Folrart challenges for around an hour or so.

I agree. I'm not sure charging people 1 penny per quit will really curb this behavior. I think players deserve the right to quit a game at level 1 if they want to. It's not an enjoyable experience to play a match you know you're going to be crushed in and I don't think you should necessarily force players into such a negative experience.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby fargone » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:37 pm

Would a better suggestion be to further reward a player for losing, but playing through anyway?

Something like an xp bonus? I don't think there is any room to play around with gran rewards at this point. Is there any other way someone could suggest to promote better sportsmanship? Maybe the xp bonus could kick in by a certain turn or by full lp loss?

I am just searching for possible answers to an issue that keeps arising in the forums. One that seems to be putting a damper on regular and irregular events, such as underdog and 5 of 7.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:42 pm

fargone wrote:Would a better suggestion be to further reward a player for losing, but playing through anyway?

Yeah I like this idea a lot. You could give players who play at least 10 turns extra experience or something. It would incentivize players trying to compete, but not directly punish players who just don't want to play a certain match.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Callonia » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:00 pm

fargone wrote:Would a better suggestion be to further reward a player for losing, but playing through anyway?

Something like an xp bonus? I don't think there is any room to play around with gran rewards at this point. Is there any other way someone could suggest to promote better sportsmanship? Maybe the xp bonus could kick in by a certain turn or by full lp loss?

I am just searching for possible answers to an issue that keeps arising in the forums. One that seems to be putting a damper on regular and irregular events, such as underdog and 5 of 7.

You have played world of tanks, you have seen an incentive to play better even when guys on your team is dead drunk and drive their tanks into trees!

If it was alteil for each match you lost you would've only gotten 1 exp instead of few hundred!

I have gotten as much as 1299 exp in a match I lost, If I won.. that would've been like 4k exp but eh, consolation prize is far better in wot than it is in alteil.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 pm

Here's an idea:
5 xp for playing 10+ turns and loosing

+ 10 FM for loosing at 0 lp
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Is winner takes all mentality. Bad idea but an idea at least.
Peralisc9001 wrote:Here's an idea:
((((5 xp for playing 10+ turns and loosing

+ 10 FM for loosing at 0 lp))))

Now I'll prefer something like -v

No. lvl 1 unit is 10 exp, lvl 2 unit is 20 exp, lvl 3 unit 30 exp, lvl 8 unit 80 exp. You get the idea, each time you kill a copy of them, you get exp. This is a rough concept. Haven't decided on value of grimiores yet.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau