So if sunbeam cage is decent ...

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: So if sunbeam cage is decent ...

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:39 pm

Take a look at mermaid priestess, she does what abel is supposed to do xD

I have made very good use of her to anger dilate and verlaats. And her debuff is permanent but costs 2 sp. Mermaid priestess is just flatout better than abel.

The think that was the first priest that I didn't hate using for once.
Callonia

Postby AqvasFire2 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:00 pm

angelspawns wrote:Copied from here:
http://www.alteil.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... eGodChurch

Image-->Image
I begun to doubt fixing Abel's original Skill. Imagine him actually working: giving Rng=0 over and over and over... How frustrating would that be??
On a Grim it's fine, but a properly functioning Abel may go on for the entire match.

So i give him more combo potential. Fortune, Sunbeam Cage, InquisitionNightRaider, ExGarfath, Gigantic Illusion. He's there to compliment those exsisting methods. Just let it sink in for a moment... switching Rng at Start, and if Rng=0, make a permanent switch as 1SP Action. This should keep things fun to achieve.

That's nice and all but can I please ask what Refess is doing having good rng manipulation? Isn't that Falkow's territory?
AqvasFire2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:02 pm

No.

Going by cards, RNG decrease belongs to refess while RNG increase belongs to falkow.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby angelspawns » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:58 am

Rng manipulation only for Falkow??

Cassowary King?
Abel?
Sunbeam Cage?
Fortune?
Sapphire Carbuncle?
InquisitionNightRaider?
4th ShrineKnight?
Cosmos works somewhere with Rng=0 aswell.

Why are you trying to call dibs on a mechanic thats been present in Refess from Set1 on? :| Refess and Falkow both been messing with Rng and Refess ones probably seen more daylight then Falkow for that matter... Likely because Engaging or Returning is a more failproof solution to stop a unit in its tracks then a temporary Rng decrease. Permanent Rng reduction is another story though. (only 2 choices for that: lvl4 Fortune Refess, or Lvl4 Grim Falkow)
angelspawns

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:20 pm

angelspawns wrote: Permanent Rng reduction is another story though. (only 2 choices for that: lvl4 Fortune Refess, or Lvl4 Grim Falkow)

You forgot about mermaid priestess!

Amusingly though, she's a lvl 2 refess/falkow unit xD
Callonia

Postby Anima13 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:No.

Going by cards, RNG decrease belongs to refess while RNG increase belongs to falkow.

Pera let me update your knowledge in falkow rng control a bit because that statement of yours cannot be hold.

Rng buff on field (present also in gowen):
Ultimate wish Diva, student idol archer, mermaid shiled soldier, Foventosa, Rileria, Enchanter, Stricke sorcerer of regus(self), Nereis (self)
Rng dependent effects: Sky staff socress, Stricke wyvern, Mildoreo (soul), exiled military aide(soul)
Rng buff: Invisible edge, Flying
Rng debuff: Frozen Cage, “gigantic illusion”, disorientation (omg its permanent :D), Ice storm, Vordore, Snaf, Galdirea, Undine soldier, exmerm (soul) , Femiel (soul),Sea wyvern (soul), Mermaid soldier (soul), Mermaid archer (soul), frost bow archer(soul), Dolphin rider (soul), Melodia (soul)
And of course we share now: Mermaid priestess

Rng control is present in both falkow and refess since set 1. Rng control belongs to both spheres.
I see currently the following issues with rng control:
-it is only effective against aggressive oriented cards (won’t be effective against sp generators, effect oriented units) engage is more reliable/allround
-contradicts with the aim of most decks cause at the end they want to destroy the cards on the field (The last time I saw a deck making good use of rng control was a gardiera deck disabeling the field and landing dical to substract lp without killing the units)
- while a refess deck can make use of a rng debuffed units to stall and gain time to buff up its field with its permanent selfbuff mechanisms, falkow doesn’t have these kinds of options.
- too many temporary effects, too many randomness, eg still no targeted permanent rng debuff existing as soul.
Anima13

Previous

Return to Annarose's Sanctum