How to counter/beat an Urgrant deck?

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: How to counter/beat an Urgrant deck?

Postby DeeGee » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:18 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:fact : When urgant return looses against rush its either coz its a bad player or misplay.

I call Bravo Sierra. Rushes are probably the best way to beat Urgrant outside of Big Lawtia, because everyone else needs floating SP and doesn't have much of a field going early, which means happy whackings with the rapier. And couple that with the fact that they have fewer units on the field means that rapier is going to hurt when it wallops one big unit than when it hits a small one and you have two others to smack him with anyway.
DeeGee

Postby Khiruki » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:fact : When urgant return looses against rush its either coz its a bad player or misplay.

A good rush can put up a strong fight. Probably the strongest choice after big Lawtia/Big Red or Pixies.

Open/Start skill damage and Damage souls can really hurt. Do not rely on a single tank to provide both damage and protection for weak supports. Avoid using lvl 2's, and try to keep up 1-3-1-3 rhythm of dropping units. Don't revive too much; let things die. The -2 SP from Rapier+Revive sets you back. If you need to drop something slow, it should be able to take a hit. Otherwise, it needs to take a hit for something that can kill Urgrant. Fast/Hard hitters are best.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby NitroDino » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:20 pm

Emerald Buncle -> lvl3 -> Emerald Buncle = 100% Urgrant kill
Last edited by NitroDino on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NitroDino

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:29 pm

Carbuncles are Lv 3.

Actually it would be best to show data on win loss records.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:44 pm

If urgrant doesn't pack multiple returns or Afeem ss lvl 3 file might have a chance I guess.
Romdeau

Postby Muklas » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:00 pm

I beat plenty of Urgrants with my dolls, just shade him and keep the 1-3-1-3 rhytm going and he'll be out of sp soon enough along with his auto draining his sp.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Anyone who is using afeemina ss auto wins verse a level 3 rush. Even with multipe returns, it is by no way a one sided matchup verse a level 3 rush. In fact, lawtia especially has a very easy time beating urgrant if played properly. Keep in mind, urgrant actually sp drains himself (uses sp for sphere levels, which is negative sp until he reaches high lawtia levels). So if you shade the urgrant player and use sp draining souls the player won't be able to have loose sp for returns or belus or anything.

I think you guys are being overly cocky perhaps from beating bad rush players. I still played this game when urg came out and if your rush deck was flexible it would be roughly even matches.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby idol » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:50 am

First of all, please read this:
http://alteil.apocoplay.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10411&sid=efdd5e80413f3989212ec0dc6fe9c6c4
as other players have already composed an whole essay dedicated to Urgrant file

Or let me recap it for you.
Weakness of Urgrant file

1. Agi 5 Lv 4 or above unit
Since the file usually not using any agi-buff cards, Agi 5 means it can move first, if it is lv 4 or above, the returns are not usable and if it is lv 5 or above, belus also cannot engage. Therefore, urgrant file will take damage. Besides, the unit counts of the file is quite low, this will hurt the file a lot.
Ex: Afel, Dalos, Rasam, Sylph or Undine aided unit, Knight of Zero Shrine, Elite Fencer of Regus (the agi-debuff make her move first), Lebau, Awakened Erisa

2. Lack of RNG
Most unit used is RNG 1 which means this file has difficulties to hit support unit at the back. Usually, the file will use grim to remove them or tank first. But, if the grims are used up, this is a big weakness.
Ex: Solar Princess, Jack, Knight of Zero Shrine, Ex: Wizard archer of Regus, Igina

3. SP or sphere drains
Since it is a mid-big file, it needs more SP and higher sphere to operate fully. Therefore, this will slower the deck a lot.
Ex: Shade, Death Embrance, Zu, Night Wing Wyvern, Shield Coat SS

4. Removal effect and SS
Same weakness as being a mid-big file.
Ex: Deathmaker, Assassin SS, RFA SS, Wrath of Sea Lord, Disjunction

5. Damage type start/open/close/counter skill on un-removable unit
Urgrant file cannot absorb many damage at all, all is the file is using grim and kill-first method to avoid damage. Therefore, un-preventable dmg hit it a lot.
Ex: Crest Devil Knight, Zu, Alliend, Star Dragon, Jack, 3rd Emperor

6. Miracle Fruit or higher than Lv 4
Since fruited unit cannot be returned after it is closed, it causes a serious trouble for urgrant player.
Ex: Any fruited or Lv buffed Undead, Alurane, Mercenary, Angelic Knight, Violetx2

7. Grim Dependent
Drop the grims before the usage, and urgrant player will usually lose the field presence.
Ex: Ref. Citizen, Mage Knight of Regus, Talisman Mystic, Lost tome

8. Character Dependent
Nearly the full file is character.
Ex: Chase Wing, Rosa

9. Lock
You can't play any cards at all.
Ex: Pixy, punishment hole, miracle bind

Next, Some lv3 rushes depend on synergy (CMD carbs) some operate in a more independent way.
Dmg focus LV3 rush with salamanders can stand a good fight against Urgrant.
I recently won by WK high speed units and Volfied and 2 violet X2 SS
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby VertuHonagan » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:13 am

My problem isn't dealing with urgrant in an Urgrant deck. Its dealing with a field of Urgrant + Belus. Any advice on that one?
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby Callonia » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:42 am

VertuHonagan wrote:My problem isn't dealing with urgrant in an Urgrant deck. Its dealing with a field of Urgrant + Belus. Any advice on that one?

Bestest way would be to ideally kill off all three copies of urgrant before belus can hit the field. If not, removal or something.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum