Auction House

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Auction House

Postby caeser » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 pm

Can someone please humor me and explain how auction house works in other games? Based on what I've read so far, I think I understand, but not enough to form an opinion about it, nor understand how it would be implemented in Alteil.

Thanks in advance.
caeser

Re: Auction House

Postby DeeGee » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:31 pm

You put something in your collection up for some common currency, and then others bid on it. EG put up some rare from an off-sphere you don't want for 600 gran. Then someone will offer 650. Then another person will one up him for 700. And so on.
DeeGee

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:35 pm

It does open up a can of worms for Alteil.

Right now, the stance on alts is "sure, go ahead", mostly because interaction between accounts aside from actually playing with each other is nil. Auction house allows transfer of gran from one acc to another. So, say I have 1000g saved up on an alt, I could put up a 1* card with my main and have my alt bid 1000G on it.
LoneKnight

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:45 pm

It would also severely limit the number of free events alteil can do.
Icyman2

Postby DeeGee » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:48 pm

LoneKnight wrote:It does open up a can of worms for Alteil.

Right now, the stance on alts is "sure, go ahead", mostly because interaction between accounts aside from actually playing with each other is nil. Auction house allows transfer of gran from one acc to another. So, say I have 1000g saved up on an alt, I could put up a 1* card with my main and have my alt bid 1000G on it.

Yes, but your alt has to get that 1000g first. So you're still putting in the time to do whatever on that alt that you might as well do on your main.
DeeGee

Postby Anima13 » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:51 pm

I try to transfer it to alteil from experience in other games:

I put up a 3* Ruuca in the auction house. I set a minimum sale amount (to exclude abuse there will be a minimum threshhold i can set up for a card of certain rarity) I would like to have this card sold.

From now on for a limited amount of time (eg 3 days) people can give bids on this card to buy it. When the time limit is gone the card will be sold to the highest bidder. If noone gave a bid you get the card back.

In some games there is an additional auction fee or/and a personalising feature to conter unreasonable offers and limit the transfer into a market game :D.
Also ther is a need for some kind of bid call back limit, to conter people tricking by protecting a low bid with an unreasonable high one (and calling back in the very last moment).

Auction houses could work /fail dependent on the amount of people joining them. If there are too few offers, chances are high people can sell their stuff for unreasonable high prices and tricking unexperienced ones. Also if you cant sell your cards you start to ignore it and then the system is a fail.
On the other side it could widen the options of free players/low spenders and easen the aquiring of low rarity cards + give the owners an immediate feedback how much value people see in certain cards.

I can't really decide if this something good or bad for alteil :. It certanily would not work with our current not strict policy of alts. Ohh and it could absolutely kill new player expereince.
Anima13

Postby LoneKnight » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:58 pm

DeeGee wrote:Yes, but your alt has to get that 1000g first. So you're still putting in the time to do whatever on that alt that you might as well do on your main.

Running a bot on an alt for 10 minutes a day sure is a lot of work! Hell, if your comp is good enough you can probably have a script that opens up a bunch of alteils in VMs and has each one run a bot while you download movies or something.
LoneKnight

Postby Icyglare » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:29 pm

DeeGee wrote:Yes, but your alt has to get that 1000g first. So you're still putting in the time to do whatever on that alt that you might as well do on your main.

Then we'll make it 300g plus whatever crest spoils
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Khiruki » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:39 pm

Maybe if there was say, a lvl restriction on using auction house? Firstly, it blocks off most alts. It also keeps newbies from entering and buying/selling something stupid when they are still very new to the game.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby DeeGee » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:40 pm

Icyglare wrote:

Then we'll make it 300g plus whatever crest spoils

You're still working for less than minimum wage.
DeeGee

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion