Ex Merm is OP

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Ex Merm is OP

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Dio? Well i admit i hate it and so on. But if i were to just take a moment consider a viable nerf, i couldn't think of one, so i blame the combo. :?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:18 pm

Romdeau wrote:Dio and Mystere are both on my radar if it means anything. However, set 12 comes first before anything else.

Rom, Dio already got her nerf. Mystere has been with us since set 3. At some point, you have to just let go and say that these strategies are here to stay, unless you want Alteil to just become a case of rock paper scissors solitaire.
DeeGee

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:43 pm

wtf why would a card from set 1 suddenly be on the radar for errara? Are you serious? What a joke. Also, I really hope you guys actually pay attention to the fact that diondora has never been a problem in files other than those with bulerigid soul skill.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:50 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:wtf why would a card from set 1 suddenly be on the radar for errara? Are you serious? What a joke. Also, I really hope you guys actually pay attention to the fact that diondora has never been a problem in files other than those with bulerigid soul skill.

Aria has potential. But it's just that Dio files are so freaking boring to play that you can't really get a good read on whether or not it's a strong strategy.
DeeGee

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:06 pm

Not the first mystere, the mystere file in general Gon. And to be honest, the game can change at will in a lot of cases. I'm not saying that we will change them, but I've always had a problem with uber-return control files that leave little room for counterplay.

Circumstances and my new position allow me to wield a bit more influence over these types of strategies and how they play out.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:21 pm

I don't like those files either but it would seem like nerfing mystere and dio themselves when those two cards are only really strong in combination with certain others is unwarranted. For example Mystere in the starter file is not overpowered, and Dio in something like a serpent file or arch mages file is not overpowered. If you nerf those two cards specifically, they would be so underpowered everywhere except for extreme cases - with Emana or bulerigid SS.

It would be akin to nerfing return because of how it works in Urgrant. Sure that might make top meta decks more balanced, but it would have devastating consequences for all the normal balanced files people like - wk, mermaids, pirates, etc.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:23 pm

Exactly, and there are ways to hit those specific files without making the others irrelevant or more difficult to play.
Romdeau

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Romdeau wrote:Exactly, and there are ways to hit those specific files without making the others irrelevant or more difficult to play.

That's a good philosophy to have!
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:30 pm

@Gon: QQQQQQQQ
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Anima13 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:52 pm

Please consider when you looking on the performance of dio control and mystere files, that their current good performance is mainly due to the absolute lack of
1 devoted
2 good
gowen players.
any good gowen rush, gowen mid and big have 80%+ win rates against heavily control oriented falkow files (the new field oriented gowen decks are falkow like and thus weaker to falkow). Yet half of the gowen players are running suboptimal souls (not going for dmg), wasting sp too early, playing dmg grims too early. You cannot blame falkow players for bad designed files, for suboptial game play, and certanly not for the community playing certain decktypes disproportionally more often and others barely at all.
Anima13

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau