Ex Merm is OP

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Ex Merm is OP

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Romdeau wrote:Not the first mystere, the mystere file in general Gon. And to be honest, the game can change at will in a lot of cases. I'm not saying that we will change them, but I've always had a problem with uber-return control files that leave little room for counterplay.

Circumstances and my new position allow me to wield a bit more influence over these types of strategies and how they play out.

This is exactly the sort of attitude that's killing the game--that a player no better than anyone else just decides "welp, *I* don't like something, and I have a bunch of scrub support, so herp derp, away it goes!".

Diondora got her nerf (from 40 to 30 HP). She has a smaller stat total than anything but a salamander or a willowisp, and she's level 3. Her engage skill is all but useless in light of her return skill. So she sits there and returns stuff. Mystere can defend herself, but at the same time, she either depends on constant great spirit open or renders Emana completely neutered as a damage dealer.

As for the counterplay mechanics, they exist. It's called SP denial, sacrificing units, and unit open skill kills--all of which Refess thankfully doesn't have yet. Gowen rush has been able to deal with Emana control because it can just deny her the SP by picking off sage. Lawtia gets a free shade on turn 1 and if they pack sala, they can also drop the sage the first time around, as well as deny critical SP with other shades.

In fact, I think the only strategies that don't have counterplay against uber-return files are those that aim to set up an uber field combo and power through everything on the strength of their units. And if unprotected combo strategies ever work, that's when you know you have no counterplay.
DeeGee

Postby fargone » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:56 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:wtf why would a card from set 1 suddenly be on the radar for errara? Are you serious? What a joke. Also, I really hope you guys actually pay attention to the fact that diondora has never been a problem in files other than those with bulerigid soul skill.

Why on earth are you on the testing team?

The biggest joke here, Gon, is you.

GonFreeces31 wrote:I don't like those files either but it would seem like nerfing mystere and dio themselves when those two cards are only really strong in combination with certain others is unwarranted. For example Mystere in the starter file is not overpowered, and Dio in something like a serpent file or arch mages file is not overpowered. If you nerf those two cards specifically, they would be so underpowered everywhere except for extreme cases - with Emana or bulerigid SS.

It would be akin to nerfing return because of how it works in Urgrant. Sure that might make top meta decks more balanced, but it would have devastating consequences for all the normal balanced files people like - wk, mermaids, pirates, etc.

Your view on balancing is limited almost to the point of retarded.

Please remember it's better to let people think you are dumb, then to open your mouth and prove it. I find it sad that Rom and others have to explain everything to you in the smallest detail because you fail to make any connections yourself. Your mentality, along with the mentality that keeps you active is the very source of what will be alteil's ultimate undoing.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:59 pm

I made a valid point. If you don't understand it well then that's not my problem. That's YOUR problem for being ignorant. Rom and DG understood what I was saying and they are both better players than you with better understanding of the game.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Anima13 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:00 pm

and all of them ignored my post again like usual
Anima13

Postby gadu » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:05 pm

Lol Anima, I feel for you.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:07 pm

Anima13 wrote:and all of them ignored my post again like usual

No, you just posted it while I posted mine, and I also disagree with you. Gowen rush generally doesn't fare too well because the tidals and returns really hurt. Anything beyond that can't really reach Diondora.
DeeGee

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:07 pm

This frequently happens where people post valid arguments, and then the forum trolls completely ignore these valid posts and exclusively flame me. It was incredibly apparent in the Jewel thread where multiple people stated they did not think Jewel was OP, but for some reason those posts got completely ignored and people acted like I was the only one defending it.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby hexagram » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 pm

maybe gon and fargone should just block each other so they can not see the others post. A lot more peace and quiet will result.

I see now how jewel compares to the lawtia lvl one though with jewel you have the option to -lp plus the other will keep decreasing lp so needs to be dealt with. Jewel is still usable now I feel.

With gowen starter I remember beating dion once even had bulgrid soul which helped me too. Still I lost more or was intimdated to giving up bearing in mind it was gowen starter. Still I often win games I was about to give up. Often I feel people give up too early too as one key move or misplay or mistake can turn the game.

I actually beat dion with refuss. Saved up phoenix chick action skill to get fildwipe with dion on field. Also anti engage grim helped. Opponent eventually took control and would have won if they packed bulgrid soul but lacked it - rare ex

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby hexagram » Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:21 am

Anima13 wrote:Please consider when you looking on the performance of dio control and mystere files, that their current good performance is mainly due to the absolute lack of
1 devoted
2 good
gowen players.
any good gowen rush, gowen mid and big have 80%+ win rates against heavily control oriented falkow files (the new field oriented gowen decks are falkow like and thus weaker to falkow). Yet half of the gowen players are running suboptimal souls (not going for dmg), wasting sp too early, playing dmg grims too early. You cannot blame falkow players for bad designed files, for suboptial game play, and certanly not for the community playing certain decktypes disproportionally more often and others barely at all.

I think ex mermaid is op much more so than what the ex carbuncle does to carbuncle files. You can just spam the action skill and auto win vs so many files. e.g. undead-autowin. Even gowen rush would have trouble vs ex mermaid as action skills are expensive.

Attacking is the basic function of all decks and if you deny if consistently the opponent can not really do anything. It seriously needs changing to make it more balanced I think but can not think of a decent change. Other players can help

Maybe make it so it cannot target itself....nah that is probably too much. Make it so that open of card action grim locks the owner for 2 turns?

Other people help me with viable changes

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby Callonia » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:22 pm

hexagram wrote:I think ex mermaid is op much more so than what the ex carbuncle does to carbuncle files. You can just spam the action skill and auto win vs so many files. e.g. undead-autowin. Even gowen rush would have trouble vs ex mermaid as action skills are expensive.

Attacking is the basic function of all decks and if you deny if consistently the opponent can not really do anything. It seriously needs changing to make it more balanced I think but can not think of a decent change. Other players can help

Maybe make it so it cannot target itself....nah that is probably too much. Make it so that open of card action grim locks the owner for 2 turns?

Other people help me with viable changes

How about as long as ex mermaid soldier stays on field, ex mermaid soldier user's every grimiore stays locked until it leaves the field? Dis only fair.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau