Dire Straits needs rework

User suggestions to improve the game

Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:28 pm

https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/card ... php?id=963

The grim is complete garbage or pure nonsense, whichever of the two you prefer to call it.

A bit of drain, a bit of debuff and overall nothing useful. Also it's too expensive for what it does. 2 SP cost would be fine even with that odd effect which is underwhelming in usefulness.

Of course that means even engage spell would need a change. Few people use it, maybe if it costed 1 SP it would be more worth having it randomly packed in even without the use invisible druid.

The cost of the druid + engage combo might be too cheap in that case, might. Which is why i suggest first of all a rework on top of everything else.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby gadu » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:33 pm

I think it's supposed to be used with Return or Tidal.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 pm

That wouldn't make any sense.

6 SP to return a guradian with dire straits + return? I rather use merciless death.
4 SP to return a level 3 with dire straits + tidal? I rather use return.

Makes absolutely no freaking sense. + it takes 1 round more with dire straits
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:58 pm

There are not a lot of cards that helps with reducing a units defence and this seems to be a good option.

Comparing to corruption, they both "disable" a unit in someway while making defense = 0.

Corruption makes it easy to kill while the 2 agi makes sure their action won't be fast but allows them to pull off their Start Skills with possibility of going that turn still.

Dire Straights is a jack of all trades situational card, useful if you need to make defense 0 or engage. It is 1 more sp than Soul Bind but it pays for itself by reducing the opponents sphere levels by 1.

For example, it's kind of a tossup on which one I will use on Verlaat. Corruption makes it easy to kill him but his start skill will boost the rest of their field. Dire straights will make sure his start skill doesn't go but still have to hit him for 65hp. The sphere level drop might help depending on the part of the game you're in.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby ErnnLaties » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 pm

the sphere drain is massive for multisphere, which a lot of people do nowadays, esp the top players... it's why the stronghold had to get nerfed, and even when you encounter it turn 3, you still say FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF that!

the engage and debuff means that the target unit will prolly die or die next turn. usually you use this on a Bringer. of course dire straits will be kinda useless against a rush level 3 file, but against mids, this nasty grim does crazy stuff.
ErnnLaties

Postby tropireno » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:08 pm

Like icyman said, it's very comparable to Corruption. You use it if you can't deal with Lebeau SS or 30/30 or something similar.
tropireno

Postby sunbunman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Where dem lria files at?
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Khiruki » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 pm

tropireno wrote:Like icyman said, it's very comparable to Corruption. You use it if you can't deal with Lebeau SS or 30/30 or something similar.

*Icyglare
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Icyglare » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:02 pm

Khiruki wrote:
tropireno wrote:Like icyman said, it's very comparable to Corruption. You use it if you can't deal with Lebeau SS or 30/30 or something similar.

*Icyglare

Thank you very much :)
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby shadowsketch » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:43 am

I think it's fair, just don't see a lot of people use it.

I remember playing against it and the level 4 Noze, that wasn't cool.
shadowsketch

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau