Dire Straits needs rework

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 am

shadowsketch wrote:I think it's fair, just don't see a lot of people use it.

I remember playing against it and the level 4 Noze, that wasn't cool.

You don't see anyone using it because it's not worth it. And those who use it don't have good decks or good card options, which is one of the reasons they try to get out a good combo of sorts of the little garbage collection they have.

It's a terrible grim. Overcosted too.


Stronghold was basically not nerfed but limited to 1 copy and narrows the way you can play it. It's generating SP while also draining, which is still cool and people do actually play it, because 1 copy is nice. I removed my one copy from my deck since it doesn't offer much. It's a decent grim, but without usage of further copies you can't do much with it.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby shadowsketch » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:49 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
shadowsketch wrote:I think it's fair, just don't see a lot of people use it.

I remember playing against it and the level 4 Noze, that wasn't cool.

You don't see anyone using it because it's not worth it. And those who use it don't have good decks or good card options, which is one of the reasons they try to get out a good combo of sorts of the little garbage collection they have.

It's a terrible grim. Overcosted too.


Stronghold was basically not nerfed but limited to 1 copy and narrows the way you can play it. It's generating SP while also draining, which is still cool and people do actually play it, because 1 copy is nice. I removed my one copy from my deck since it doesn't offer much. It's a decent grim, but without usage of further copies you can't do much with it.


Ok, how would you fix the card?
Image
shadowsketch
 
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri May 21, 2010 12:06 am

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Callonia » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Level 3 Lawtia Grimiore.

Target Enemy unit gets lv-1, at-10, agi-1, df =0.
Victim of Dire Straits also gets all sphere levels reduced by 1.

And that's not all, the unit that gets hit by dire straits is also engaged! Instead of packing a corruption and soul bind, you can just pack two dire straits that also drain sphere levels of your enemies while you're at it.

It does three things while saving file slots in lawtia files by three! Soul bind, corruption, and even chaos stronghold!

You should be happy this awesome grimiore costs 3 sp instead of 4 sp.

Did you let DG onto your account peralisc?
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4778
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:35 am

Callonia wrote:Level 3 Lawtia Grimiore.

Target Enemy unit gets lv-1, at-10, agi-1, df =0.
Victim of Dire Straits also gets all sphere levels reduced by 1.

And that's not all, the unit that gets hit by dire straits is also engaged! Instead of packing a corruption and soul bind, you can just pack two dire straits that also drain sphere levels of your enemies while you're at it.

It does three things while saving file slots in lawtia files by three! Soul bind, corruption, and even chaos stronghold!

You should be happy this awesome grimiore costs 3 sp instead of 4 sp.

Did you let DG onto your account peralisc?

Did you have some pizza for breakfast?
Image
User avatar
Icyman2
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 am

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 am

Icyman2 wrote:Did you have some pizza for breakfast?


Nah, had some kfc chickens for lunch.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4778
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 am

Callonia if it was a refess grim you'd moan.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:27 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Callonia if it was a refess grim you'd moan.



Nope. I in fact think it's op but don't care enough to raise the issue. :P
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4778
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 am

Eh, you got no clue about card balance. Calling it OP is beyond utter silliness and if that was the case it would be abused in folrart.

See corruption also sux because it's overcosted. That's why people use daggeer instead.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:20 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Eh, you got no clue about card balance. Calling it OP is beyond utter silliness and if that was the case it would be abused in folrart.

See corruption also sux because it's overcosted. That's why people use daggeer instead.



Dagger = autolose if you can't penetrate defense.

I've had units that get dagger'd and survived when a corruption would've killed me off because people were too greedy to spend 1 more sp.

I believe the fact that dire straits get ignored which reflects the mentality of players in folrart.
User avatar
Callonia
 
Posts: 4778
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:49 am

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:24 pm

Well whatever i've made it already clear enough. Either it gets rework or it stays a **** card that doesn't see play.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
User avatar
Peralisc9001
 
Posts: 1949
Joined: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:35 pm
Location: Agartha

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests