Dire Straits needs rework

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Dire Straits needs rework

Postby Anima13 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:54 pm

Callonia wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:Eh, you got no clue about card balance. Calling it OP is beyond utter silliness and if that was the case it would be abused in folrart.

See corruption also sux because it's overcosted. That's why people use daggeer instead.

Dagger = autolose if you can't penetrate defense.

I've had units that get dagger'd and survived when a corruption would've killed me off because people were too greedy to spend 1 more sp.

I believe the fact that dire straits get ignored which reflects the mentality of players in folrart.

Most lawtia players ignore the debuff aspect of the sphere. Simply because the sp drain and the dmg aspect of the sphere is more efficient. The debuff aspect helps mainly against bigs and refess, completly useless agains falkow. Is a similar case to the returns dominance in falkow or refess ignoring its control options.
Anima13

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:14 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Well whatever i've made it already clear enough. Either it gets rework or it stays a **** card that doesn't see play.

It sees play. It was used against my cassandra, which actually somehow d/ced my laptop XD thereby giving the dire straits user an autowin lulz.

Also, Asuet draws your blood for thinking it's a bad grimiore.
Callonia

Postby Pikeru » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:34 pm

I have to agree with Callonia on this one. Calculating out its value, Def=0 is worth 1sp, 2 more for the single turn engage and the sphere drop is a minimum of +2(+4 if your opponent is dual-sphere). I calculate it should be lvl 5, like he said you should be glad it's lvl 3 and not higher.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Make it level 5, it's not useful anyway.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:07 pm

Pikeru wrote:I have to agree with Callonia on this one. Calculating out its value, Def=0 is worth 1sp, 2 more for the single turn engage and the sphere drop is a minimum of +2(+4 if your opponent is dual-sphere). I calculate it should be lvl 5, like he said you should be glad it's lvl 3 and not higher.

wtf lol
Icyman2

Postby Pikeru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:14 am

Icyman2 wrote:
Pikeru wrote:I have to agree with Callonia on this one. Calculating out its value, Def=0 is worth 1sp, 2 more for the single turn engage and the sphere drop is a minimum of +2(+4 if your opponent is dual-sphere). I calculate it should be lvl 5, like he said you should be glad it's lvl 3 and not higher.

wtf lol

Basic addition, 1+2+2=5. Don't worry, I was in an American public school at one point, so I know as well as anyone they don't teach math. I'll explain it here: a shieldbreak is worth 1sp, according to pretty much every creature with it. Then Soul Bind is a 2sp spell, so far that's 1+2. Lastly, in MTG Sinkhole costs 2 mana and Stone Rain costs 3. I gave large leeway and went with the smaller value, considering there's a huge chance it could turn into 2 Sinkholes/Stone Rains. Thus 1+2+2, this card should be lvl 5 or 6 with everything it does.
Pikeru

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:20 am

Well, you're assuming an instance where you are using it for the engage, shieldbreak, AND the other effect. If you're using it exclusively for one of those effects you're getting ripped off.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:24 am

Pikeru wrote:
Icyman2 wrote:

wtf lol

Basic addition, 1+2+2=5. Don't worry, I was in an American public school at one point, so I know as well as anyone they don't teach math. I'll explain it here: a shieldbreak is worth 1sp, according to pretty much every creature with it. Then Soul Bind is a 2sp spell, so far that's 1+2. Lastly, in MTG Sinkhole costs 2 mana and Stone Rain costs 3. I gave large leeway and went with the smaller value, considering there's a huge chance it could turn into 2 Sinkholes/Stone Rains. Thus 1+2+2, this card should be lvl 5 or 6 with everything it does.

They sure as hell didn't teach common sense.
Icyman2

Postby CainHyde » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:30 am

I don't remember anyone from school teaching me common sense.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Pikeru » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:52 am

Cause it can't be taught, it's something that's supposed to develop over time. Ironically, it's not common anymore like the name implies. This can be seen by people thinking it's supposed to miraculously be taught in schools.
Pikeru

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau