Ropey's Fun Food Forum

Ropey's Fun Food Forum

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:12 pm

As you may or may not now I'm a fully trained Head Chef! Kind of in the mold of Gordan Ramsey, but I lot better and with a worse attitude than that C@?T!

I thought it maybe fun to find out what you are all eating? Or maybe you just hosted a dinner party and wowed all your guests? Or you may have a special dish you cook and want to share? You may just want to pick my brains for the solution to that recipe you can never get quite right? You could tell us all what you will be cooking up on Xmas day? You can reminisce on foods gone by that you just can't buy anymore. Could it be that you have a dislike for certain counties cuisine or you could sing the praises of you own?

Whatever is it food or drink. I look forward to your posts :)
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Ropey's Fun Food Forum

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:32 pm

Sigh Gordon Ramsey using creme fresh instead of mayo for obergine salad made me rage.

I still range whenever I remember it. It's a traditional dish at least in my family and seeing someone take a crap on it thinking they do better if they 'improve' on it feels really painful. Morally at least I'm hurt.

I also hate how many dishes generally get changed more for visual effect than actual improvement.

Well today I made another pizza. I eat it so often sometimes that I get completely tired of it.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Shirozaki » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:12 pm

...Sure, why not? I've talked about worse here.

My man hosts dinner parties all the time, and since he can't boil water for his life the pleasure of serving food is usually mine, though I take great pride in my cooking.
Living in japan has expanded my cooking range quite a bit, mostly because (despite me being a vegetarian) the fish is much cheaper and fresher than the meat available, and my man can't live without a good piece of dead animal.
I'm not shy on asking a restaurant chef for a recipe either, though I haven't done so in quite a while.
Yesterday I made a relatively simple Salmon dish with Orange-Mustard Glaze, which may or may not be a Betty Crocker recipe, I honestly don't know because I don't receive any cooking shows on my TV and wouldn't watch them either. Is Gordon Ramsay bad?

My favourite cuisine is probably the Indian, because the various Curries are very versatile spices, and I love it spicy. And I remember once telling you already, but I really dislike the british cuisine. Sorry Ropey.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:22 pm

Gordon isn't bad. He is popular. He is good, but not top and nowhere near as good as he should be with an attitude like that.

What sort of chef are you ropey? Any speciality or do you not focus on a certain type of food/cooking?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:18 pm

I like to refine English cuisine with my knowledge and passion for French food. I've worked in every sector of the catering industry. From Old peoples care homes to fine dinning. The food I tend to cook well is the food I have cooked a lot. Chilies and Sunday Roasts. I hate cooking Sirloin etc because it has so many degrees of cooking. And it's hard to beat a Full English Breakfast after a night out on the tiles.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby CainHyde » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Shirozaki wrote:and my man can't live without a good piece of dead animal.

My favourite cuisine is probably the Indian, because the various Curries are very versatile spices, and I love it spicy. And I remember once telling you already, but I really dislike the british cuisine. Sorry Ropey.

LOL
Never knew Ice Queen is vegetarian too.

Curry is good.
I and my brother used to cook curry every several month.
I can't prepare the spice myself, so I usually buy curry powder or mix of various herb powder for curry in market.
If I'm the one who cook it, no dead animal inside cause I don't really like meat.
My bro prefer if we used meat though. @_@
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Ropey so you got all around knowledge of sorts.

Tell me how to make spongy cake that is in texture similar to buns (which are damn common in england).
I can make buns be soft, slightly moist and still crumbly a bit, but i can't make the a sponge same way.

I did once but never again succeeded since then. Was using that time double creme i think.
Well anyways i can make it soft + spongy + moist (adding milk and eggs to the mix for this effect) but i am not sure how to add that crumbliness to it. Also gave up on double creme since it's not always giving the results i am looking for ... i guess i accidentally managed to get it right the one time. T_T

If you manage to help me with this then i guess you are awesome at making sponges. :lol: :lol: :lol:
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Icyglare » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm making Skittles Vodka, rum, and tequila. It's amazing but takes too long to filter >:(

For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby gadu » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Shirozaki wrote:(despite me being a vegetarian)

I can tell by the rest of your post that it's not for the love of the animals. No heart.

Ropey, what is your favorite food?
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:01 pm

My fav food is Steak pie whether it be with Ale, mushrooms or kidney.

Curry I used to have difficulty with until I was told to put loads of onion in it.

I'm afraid my knowledge of cakes is very limited. I like may other chefs tend to concentrate on the meaty masculine type main course dishes.
Steam treacle or jam pudding is always moist, but goes like a rock when cold, and I would look to America for cakes like brownies.

If you want to check out good basic recipes then try to get hold or a copy of Practical Cookery Foundation Student Level 1. It is very similar to the book I learnt with. The bakery section is especially good. The only other books I would recommend are the Gastronomic, a huge tome with everything from food and drink history to just about every recipe you can think of, and of course anything by our local drunken hero Delia Smith!

Icy, that way of doing vodka looks vile! I've never tried it but Jamie Oliver likes to feed vodka in chilled watermelon. That sounds much better :)

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Next

Return to General Off Topic