Testing Time

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Testing Time

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:46 pm

Ok, so it was nice of the testers to open up and face the public on the new set, but I have to cast doubt on the whole of how testing is currently set up.

I've just had my feathers smoothed by being told not to worry if any spikes appear then changes will be made.

So I spend on this set and get a totally awesome card. The next week I find it has been castrated by the team. I just can't think of any other shop that would happen in. Cars get put right if there is a fault not if they go well!

So how about this. The next new set you give to everyone for two weeks. The team study the arena and then after that time act. The set is taken away and we are at least given a good idea of the cards stats for awhile to come. Anything else is kind of false advertising.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Testing Time

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:29 pm

I don't know what to say, except I think the game is cheaper and I kinda agree with your point-but ultimately I want to design a good game, not keep disgruntled players from getting mad at me.
Romdeau

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:13 pm

The idea of involving the community in testing would both make for a better game and keep players off your back. Also it would make your job easier and more effective if you just sat back and watched how players exploited new cards. I imagine all the testers do is play each other? If this is the case then of course you will not see the whole picture until months down the line when you look at the spikes. Spikes which btw I'm seeing already and it's only day one!

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:16 pm

Don't worry unless folrart arena is dominated by like just 2-3 files murdering everything else. Like DEFS, pegasus kingdom, and big red. Or op pixy files of the old.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:42 pm

I like this idea but I would do it slightly different.

First of all the testing of the new set should be in form of daily tourney and it could last for 2 weeks.

You get new set for free within the tourney until tourney ends and any other cards you must bring along from your own collection.

The tourney starts once testing team done most the job.

Changes to cards can still occur but only at the end of each day. This to see how things get used or even to fix / test other balanced versions of a card.

Rewards may be small, who cares. What matters is the final touch is added to the set and refined based on collected data from tourney.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:52 pm

I don't think Logress will ever go the public testing route.
Romdeau

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Soon we will have the ability to deal in cards. So when the next set breaks, or before the testers realize that they really could have done with a hand from the community and start nerfing and buffing. I'm gonna sell the cards at high prices that I feel are OP, but hang on to the rubbish. Players will pay premium for cards that are storming the arena and sell off the bad ones to afford this. Soon as the everything gets altered I'm back on the market buying back my cards cheap and selling buffed stuff for profit.

I may not know much, but I know how to make a buck when surrounded by the short sighted. Oh did I not mention? I hate capitalism!

If you ever wondered how it works it's like this. Four people need to do badly for one person to do well. I don't really know as people always give me stuff as I'm such a nice guy :D

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:33 pm

I love Ropey ( in a non **** way )!

How do you hate capitalism when you could be such a good broker ? By the way read "the Fountainhead" by ayn rand and tell me you hate capitalism. Corporate cronyism and purchasing politicians and judges is what i hate.

This set seems fine on the surface thus far. If some card gets nerfed down the road so be it- typically it is justified. They hate having to do it as it hurts their bottom line so I wouldn't worry about it too much. That said, it gave me an idea. Say you bought 3 gold box and received 6 x ariete. It would then behoove you to go to Safiria's bureau and complain she is OP to inflate her auction house value to sell your extra copies. Hmmm. ...... Do you see this type of manipulation and unwanted consequences things bring? Just sell the sets at a decent price or whatever. WTF do I know.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:56 pm

I must agree that I love the idea to have this testing in a tournament format. This way its easier to pull the cards away from us. Not to mention the fact that we all then get to play out the new set and see all the beautiful artwork before the set comes out. We get to see what cards we are wanting from this set and give us an idea of what cards we are looking for when we go to buy the new set. Even if no changes are done to the set after the tournament, I think having a tournament where every player is given the complete set of a new set, and are given the chance to play with it, could be a fun thing to play in upon each release.

I mean right now there hasn't been a tournament in like 5 months. The tournaments help to take away from the everyday grind, and allow us to play around with cards that we do not have. While also giving us some rewards to help us get cards that we don't already have. Maybe we can have a new set tournament upon every set release that gives us all the cards in the new set and then the normal random tournament cards, and then have us play a normal tournament rules tournament. The prizes could be:

Play at least 3 games:

If you have 1-9 stars you will get one copy of a 3* card from the new set of your choice 3 point cards.

If you have 10-14 stars you will get one copy of a 4* card from the new set of your choice and 5 point cards.

If you have 15 or more stars you will get one copy of a 5* card from the new set of your choice and 10 point cards.

Give us a way to both enjoy the new set upon release out of folrart arena, and some reward to maybe help us get that pesky 3rd copy of a card that we maybe have been struggling to get.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:04 pm

I hope we just get to swap or give cards away. I'm gonna have a field day when the auction starts as most of the cards I want are the 5 stars and Exs no one plays.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion