The Problem with UD

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: The Problem with UD

Postby idol » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:47 am

UD is great, without it, the game would be filled with Meta files
And drive newbs away faster.

Playing UD requires you to modify and readjust you file and limit your choice, I think its great...

Now if only they can fix the dam issue.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:56 am

idol wrote:UD is great, without it, the game would be filled with Meta files

would? did you mean "IS filled with META" ?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby VertuHonagan » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:26 am

Idol when did you find the arena not over-filled with Meta? Because for the last month I have fought almost nothing but Meta every single game. If you think the arena isn't filled with Meta then you must be fighting me over and over again.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:26 am

This thread is not totally against UD. It is a very good idea poorly implemented. Somehow UD files need a way to battle between themselves. This would produce some very balanced games. Once a week or a couple of windows each day need to be set aside for it. Maybe a tournament each week or two with a top prize and registered wins for the others. Make it more of an event than just keep brushing it under the carpet. You have neglected UD to much and now less and less play it cos it's broken and fits poorly in the current arena.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Icyglare » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:13 pm

AngelicDeath wrote:Icyglare,

I know it is a figure of speech but do you really think Ropey, myself and the others with large card pools really benefit that much more than the rest? You run UD so you should know how difficult it is. Kinda surprised you belittle us for it....

Err Yea, that's why I posted it. More cards you have, the more UD cards you have to make a file that works.

Rare cards that are UD usually:
EX:
Dullin, Grebados, Gilensa,

5*
Pretender Alphonce, Ainhazard, True Holy Emporer Retear, Lion General Zagar

4*
Athira Shin, Yug, Sea Lord Vonderam

Yea UD is difficult but it used to be much more difficult when I had a smaller card pool. If you're rich with cards then you can make yourself richer with 10pt cards, explain the belittling.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:27 pm

Icyglare,

which of those cards you listed guarantees an auto win? the term 'richer' alone implies some negative aspect. why not use larger card pool or whatever? Why assume that UD enriches those with larger card pools over those with smaller ones unless you think those cards you listed are vastly superior than those attainable by lets say free players? certainly true emperor fits that list i give you that. Why use the term "belittle" you imply? seems obvious to me, you are most likely and i would say certainly a better player than I in game ( you can do more with less) but you ridicule those who cannot achieve what you can on the same playing field. At the same time you are the first to criticize and call out hypocrites. i hate hypocrites more than most anything ( the mere fact you called me one pretty much makes us enemies for life) yet here you are defending a broken system then stating it benefits those who spend over those that don't. Whatever. As if OP stuff and meta doesn't do the exact same thing.

beltorat kingdom UD for sure-all units that are beltorat plus 1x agi gen and 1 x sally no special units all ss in line save 1x assuet. triple ss thunder (lv 6 guy) followed by dance macabre no ud count wins since last tuesday.
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby Ropey » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:38 pm

With the auction house round the corner I won't have to bother with the UD so much. Let the poor pull their hair out over it. I will be happily playing the market. In my UR guild we lend each other rare cards. Stop being nasty to the Ateil oligarchs Icy or we won't let you borrow our rares or cut you a deal. You skinflint!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Icyglare » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:53 pm

AD

Is that a rhetorical question? No card exists that's auto-win

Ridicule and Belittle? That's all in your head dude. I have no idea why you are tying Emotion to Semantics, why is richer negative? My Dove chocolate is more rich than Hersheys therefore it's a negative.

It's just a term, how are you going to argue with me that The more cards you have, The more flexibility you have in making a file?
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:11 pm

Ropey wrote:With the auction house round the corner I won't have to bother with the UD so much. Let the poor pull their hair out over it. I will be happily playing the market. In my UR guild we lend each other rare cards. Stop being nasty to the Ateil oligarchs Icy or we won't let you borrow our rares or cut you a deal. You skinflint!

If it's ever fixed that is.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:34 pm

The more cards you have, The more flexibility you have in making a file?

that is all you had to say without implying any monetary significance to the post. I'll grant you that, given you are in my opinion the best debater on the forums. YOu and i full know well what you implied by your statement and it should not bother you. people with money that choose to buy cards have better opportunity than others at simple quests- such as UD since they have access to larger card pools in theory-not proved mind you. where is it a given that iczers with larger card numbers fare better in UD than the rest? I would place money on a bet that you could outgain me in UD regardless of our card pool. Simply put you are a better player than I but how does that impact UD?
what you are saying is all things equal the player with a larger card pool undergoing UD has a better chance of success than the player with a smaller card pool ( pretty fn obvious). Now that in mind, how much better chance do either of these players have in the current meta?....
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion