The Problem with UD

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: The Problem with UD

Postby Icyglare » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:57 am

Okay, I get it now because you saw this
Icyglare wrote:Well, it is true, the richer will get richer with UD

So your thoughts come to me referencing $$$
AngelicDeath wrote:yet here you are defending a broken system then stating it benefits those who spend over those that don't.

But that's not it, whenever I've been saying "richer", I've been saying in reference to collection of cards
Icyglare wrote: If you're rich with cards then you can make yourself richer with 10pt cards

It does not reference free players vs spending players at all and do not put that assumption that I was implying it.

-

Now onto the 2nd topic, when it comes to card pool and skill of a player; it is like tier list arguments in fighting games. Even with the characters being better than others/better selection of cards, the better skilled player will come out on top. What I say is that skilled player is going to do better than his previous self with a better selection of cards

Eg: Justin Wong will fare better playing Rufus/Cammy than playing against a clone of himself playing Hakan/T.Hawk
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:23 am

Ok, so where exactly do you stand with UD Icy?

Is it a bad idea cos it favors skill and a large card pool?

Are you happy with how you are forced to check an unfilterable list and that there is no indicator that lets you know if your file qualifies for UD or not?

Do you also think struggling with meta and files that use cheap tactics in the arena is a fun way to gain pt cards?

Try and answer from the view point of a modest person, cos I'm damn sick of your smugness!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Icyglare » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:30 am

No, UD it's not a bad idea. Like I said before, UD helps with Folrart diversity because it provides an incentive to play cards that are not used as often as the top 25%

And of course anyone who plays UD wants a better way to check if their file is UD compliant or not.

Instead of saying struggling with meta or going against cheap files, I think UD is fun because it gets the creative juices working and it feels great to see it when it all comes together.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:40 am

I too have had a lot of fun and learnt with UD. I often keep with the files long after I get the achievement.

With the giving away of set 11 you have a lot of lower level players using chick etc. How can you say that this is a challenge for UD when these files can easily beat some of my non UD stuff? Also if a file does go well against a player it sometimes takes only 6 turns for them to quit after seeing what Grebados is capable of!

I still think that it would be great to encourage UD to be played at the same time. Be it by tournament or by locking out other files at certain times. You could get good ideas from one another in a pleasant environment. You could even have a tournament which made all the UD cards available for the duration of that event.

To be quite honest I'm sick of dreaming up ideas in 5mins that could improve on the game while the Devs take forever.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby idol » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:18 am

Definition of "filled with meta" ?
Like when most top RP play only 3 types of files (BKR Dio and EN)?
It is much better now... ppl have competitive files, that's normal (comparatively).

If they can make UD system works smoother, I believe more ppl will be encouraged to play different files.

Back to topic,
UD is fastest way to pinpoint your dream card, so that must stay.

And if Log is reading,
Please take out the event cards, that's just doesn't make any sense.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:40 am

It is because UD is only real way atm to pinpoint that it needs some TLC. Like I say if it can't be fixed then it needs replacing with another way to gain pt cards. One that has been considered more than UD ever was and the community should play I big part in any development of a new mode of play, and indeed any proposed changes of the current UD format.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion