Open and ongoing request for theory-crafted files

Strategies and Card File Construction

Open and ongoing request for theory-crafted files

Postby Arakis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:19 pm

Hi, folks. It's been a while since I last posted anything on the forums. For that matter, it's been a while since I even played much Alteil. I fell away from it, largely because it was offline for a while, but also because I was losing interest. I do still enjoy playing the game, but one thing I've always been very bad at is designing files. This is part of the reason I used to run file-design contests, to help glean interesting ideas to use when playing. Those ideas eventually fell by the wayside, though, and running contests is no longer a feasible option.

Here's the thing. As a GM, I have playsets of every card we've ever released--even rare EXes or limited releases like the Mikus--but no good ideas for how to put files together using them. I'm sure many of you have good ideas, but lack the cards to apply them. This is of course strictly voluntary, but if anyone has any ideas they've thought of that they'd like to see tried out, but perhaps they're unable to do it themselves, I'm open to reviewing them and then possibly running them myself. It doesn't have to be a fully fleshed-out idea, it can just be a stub. Or it can be a full 30 cards, and perhaps even an accompanying strategy description. It could be an idea for a file that's meant to get a high win %, something that takes advantage of some interesting card combo or mechanic, or an idea that's simply meant to be fun. This is not a contest, so there's no competition between these ideas, but bear in mind that when you win a GM battle against me, you automatically get a random 3* card as a reward. As many of our players can tell you, I'm not all that hard to defeat, either. I figure if nothing else, this might be a way for us to see how some rare-heavy combos that are inaccessible to most might work out in the Folrart environment. At this point many of you are probably thinking "Wow, this guy is lazy...". And you'd be right. But hey, better I take this approach than to simply never play at all.

Depending on the response to this (and I realize, there might be zero response), I might bump it when new cards come out, or just sticky it. Should you care to send any ideas my way, you can feel free to post them in this thread, or PM them to me.
Arakis

Re: Open and ongoing request for theory-crafted files

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm very sorry to seem rude, but they don't half pick some lame GM's round here.

You could start by bothering to look at some of the threads that already exist. There are some really good threads here that players have put a lot of time and effort into, and to have you pop up with a request like this is kind of insulting.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Shirozaki » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:38 pm

Ropey wrote:I'm very sorry to seem rude, but they don't half pick some lame GM's round here.

Glad to see you alive and well Arakis.
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby Arakis » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Ropey wrote:I'm very sorry to seem rude, but they don't half pick some lame GM's round here.

You could start by bothering to look at some of the threads that already exist. There are some really good threads here that players have put a lot of time and effort into, and to have you pop up with a request like this is kind of insulting.

I did admit up front that I'm lazy, so take it as you wish. You're completely free to ignore me and my request.

There's one other thing I failed to mention, and it helps legitimize my request a little. If anyone has an idea that they want to keep relatively private, they could always PM it to me and mention that caveat. In that case, I'd only run it in private battles.

Shirozaki wrote:Glad to see you alive and well Arakis.

Thanks!
Arakis

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:08 pm

Hm ya i got a file to check since i didn't get the set 12 cards yet.

Check this file out first of all:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13829

take out allind, take out 3 volcano wyverns and also remove allind aura
and then try following variants:
version 1:
add 3 tripple headed dragon
add 2 bringer

version 2:
add 3 explosive wyvern (the one from set 12)
add 2 bringer

Version 3:
this time remove allind, allind aura, 3 volcano wyvern, remove archer scout and one gaia anaconda
add 3 explosive wyvern (the one from set 12)
add 3 tripple headed dragon
add a 2nd sakura

Variant 4 you could try some more damaging SS once you found the better combination of SS. Dub rido or whatever you like personally, see how it goes.

Variant 5 have your own version of the file and see how far it goes. I seriously wonder if better cards and more cards available can make this file into top meta.

And thanks in advance for testing! Feel free to post results either here or in the thread i linked, but personally i think it would help the community far more if results were posted in that thread.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby shadowsketch » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:06 pm

Here's something I want to try:

The basic concept is to SP lock the opponent, prevent them from playing units while developing your own field.

Open is (1 Lawt | 3 Falk) Magic Doll -Defective- > Exiled Military Aide > Urgrant/Meaning of Failure and go from there.

What I would change if I had the cards:
-1 Chaos Lady Annarose > +1 Chaos Form Noze (provides more SP drain + heavy damage due to the early SS triggering)
-2 Owl Sage > +2 Moonlight Princess Eskatia (Eskatia takes over for Urgrant when he's down, plus with Noze nets you +1 SP per turn).
Now not sure about this one:
-1 Chaos Lady Annarose, -1 Nightmare Given Form, -1 Merciless Death > +3 Duke's Shock Trooper
or
-1 Chaos Lady Annarose, -1 Merciless Death > +2 Night Wing Wyvern

1 offers more defense, the other offers more SP Drain.

The ideal situation is to get the opponent with low SP under Eskatia and Nightmare Given Form. From there, build up your field, build up some nest SP, then iczer away.
shadowsketch

Postby Romdeau » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:28 pm

You are barking up the wrong tree friend. Arakis' job duties (as far as I know) consist of translating new cards into English and that's about it. He used to hold his little contest but that's obviously no longer being run.
Romdeau

Postby fargone » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Poor Arakis - he returns to Alteil, makes a post. Then he gets slammed on the first post, and later defended by someone who actually belittles him (nice work Rom).

Great welcome guys.

Good to see you Arakis.

Alteil might see a few more community events and a little more interest with this guy around - you might want to be a little more welcoming and not so belittling with him in future. For those who don't know or recall Arakis is also the only GM who played as a GM on a regular basis.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Romdeau » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:47 pm

Belittle? Why do you always manage to put mal-intentions where none exist? You seem so bitter these days.

Smoke and mirrors.
Romdeau

Postby Ropey » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:53 pm

To be fair I did apologize before I slammed them. It just upset me that players put a lot of hard work into all sorts of info for us then no one reads it! That's a shame and deserves a verbal slap in my book.

Conflict here, one says they are just a translator the other that they hosted cool events? Which in case nobody noticed we could do with around here.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum