Which set.packs should I buy as a new player?

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Which set.packs should I buy as a new player?

Postby GuanYu » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi guys,

I'm completely new to Alteil; I've played a little Magic: the Gathering a while ago so I'm not completely new to CCGs. I just dropped $30 into the game and bought a Beginner Pack which leaves my Gran at 3400 (I earned some from the Tutorial). I see that there's 12 sets in total so I'm not sure what to do with the rest of my Gran. Is it better to stick to the latest set? Should I get Gold or EX packs or can I stick to regular packs?

Thanks guys!
GuanYu

Re: Which set.packs should I buy as a new player?

Postby CainHyde » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:12 pm

Well... better not to waste your gran too fast.
Wait for several other player give you suggestion before you decide how you spend your gran.

Anyway... I don't think it's good idea to buy gold box or random lotto.
I think buying one of pre-built, or faction pack if it's available and ex set that you can use is better.
(No, I am not saying you need to pick one of 4 spheres EX choice. You better wait until next EX released if you can't use any of current EX.)

I think Pera said Buncle + EX 11 Refess is good choice.
But I personally prefer Mermaid Faction pack + EX 11 Falkow.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Khiruki » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:13 pm

Well, if you buy the Carbuncle Prebuilt and 3 EX11 Refess packs, that should cost 2700 gran. Then you can drop some gran into set 11 and hope for Obsidian Carbuncles. That should give you a decent file.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Mermaid Faction packs are not currently available, however.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby CainHyde » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:34 pm

Khiruki wrote:EDIT: Ninja'd. Mermaid Faction packs are not currently available, however.

Be patient, my young Llama.
We all knew that saving gran and use it during good sales promotion benefit us more than spending all of our gran for any buying option currently available in the shop.
25 Dec is close, who know Logress decide we can have some nice shop option during that date.

Btw...
Pre-built card list and probably a bit info how to use the file.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10576
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby gadu » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:35 pm

The only things you should buy are sales that have fixed cards like Prebuilt's or EX (even though they are grossly overpriced, at least they are not random). You can see pictures of the prebuilts at this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10576

Occasionally, there are rarity up lottos which can also be good to fill up your collection, but usually only during holidays it seems.

I think you wasted some gran on the misappropriately named "Beginner's Packs," but it'll be okay. Sometimes, Faction packs are in the shop and those are random, but very limited card pool makes it a decent purchase.

Once again, don't buy anything except Prebuilt, Ex pack, or Faction pack. Honestly, I wouldn't even buy most of these, but you need to buy something and that's where I would start, even though it sucks.

Welcome to the abyss.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:16 am

As other people said, DO NOT BUY ANY SETS unless you are planning to spend hundreds of dollars.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:53 am

I wished you had waited 1 more week before purchasing the beginners packs. We are about to update those to reflect what compliments the current starters.
Romdeau

Postby caeser » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:24 am

Romdeau wrote:I wished you had waited 1 more week before purchasing the beginners packs. We are about to update those to reflect what compliments the current starters.

This was the first I heard the new beginners packs were to be released this week. Was there an announcement or email to let the new players know this was going to happen? If it was buried in the forums somewhere, I doubt a new player would have known to wait.
caeser

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:42 am

Baginners packs are decent but not what you should try getting unless you're desperate.

What you should always do as a beginner is wait and pinpoint good stuff only.
See wait for example for rarity up lotto event and don't spend even a cent on it until it's confirmed it has good rates.

Another option would be to pinpoint prebuilts and EX packs or any stuff that you know what you get at what price. But at the moment the carbuncle have been announced to get a nerf so that would be really bad for you since that is currently the best beginner option there is. Unfortunately we haven't heard any news about change of mind regarding this nerf on new players and low cost decks.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby gadu » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:09 pm

caeser wrote:
Romdeau wrote:I wished you had waited 1 more week before purchasing the beginners packs. We are about to update those to reflect what compliments the current starters.

This was the first I heard the new beginners packs were to be released this week. Was there an announcement or email to let the new players know this was going to happen? If it was buried in the forums somewhere, I doubt a new player would have known to wait.

It was a surprise.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Next

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom