Tournaments

User suggestions to improve the game

Tournaments

Postby VertuHonagan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:48 am

I think we need some kind of tournament on each set release allowing us to play with the new set.
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Re: Tournaments

Postby CainHyde » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:17 am

Are you seriously have no plan to spend your holiday with other people during the last weekend of year 2012?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby VertuHonagan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:02 am

Do you seriously believe that sets are only released on christmas? I'm saying for any set release. Just because this one was released at the worse time of the year does not mean that they are normally released at this time of the year.
VertuHonagan

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:51 am

The problem I see with this is that this requires all players to have access to the set, and that'll hurt Alteil's revenue greatly.

The solution I can think of would be to temporarily allow players to use a set and then take it away later. However, players are going to get attached to some cards and without an easy way to get individual cards, they're going to be upset.

In short, there's no way to let players use the set without either hurting Alteil's revenue or hurting Alteil's relations with the customers.
shadowsketch

Postby VertuHonagan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:10 am

I don't see how that would be a problem? Have you never played in an alteil tournament Shadowsketch? all of them are closed set tourneys. Where you get all the cards from one set and all the 1-2* cards of all other sets. The tournament could be set up that way as well except it is only set 12 that you can use with the 1-2* cards of all the other sets.
VertuHonagan

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:15 am

VertuHonagan wrote:I don't see how that would be a problem? Have you never played in an alteil tournament Shadowsketch? all of them are closed set tourneys. Where you get all the cards from one set and all the 1-2* cards of all other sets. The tournament could be set up that way as well except it is only set 12 that you can use with the 1-2* cards of all the other sets.

Nope, I've never played in an Alteil tournament. So what you're saying is to give players the set for the tournament. What do you plan to do with the given cards after the tournament?
shadowsketch

Postby VertuHonagan » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:33 pm

In each tournament you get tournament cards. Think of it as a separate collection from your own that you only have availability to while in Tournament arena. Otherwise the only cards you can make files with are your own personal cards. Its like you get a new account every time you enter a tournament and the only cards you get are the ones that are in the pack that you choose.

Its pretty sad if you seriously have never been in one of the tournaments. :(
VertuHonagan

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:33 pm

VertuHonagan wrote:In each tournament you get tournament cards. Think of it as a separate collection from your own that you only have availability to while in Tournament arena. Otherwise the only cards you can make files with are your own personal cards. Its like you get a new account every time you enter a tournament and the only cards you get are the ones that are in the pack that you choose.

Its pretty sad if you seriously have never been in one of the tournaments. :(

Ok, that makes sense. I still think having a way for players to get specific cards after trying would be a good idea, whether be it an auction house or buying them at a discounted price (as a reward for participating in the tourney).

And yeah it's sad, I never was in a tournament like this :(.
shadowsketch

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:35 pm

I think they might have broke the tourney part of alteil.
Icyman2

Postby Ropey » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:13 pm

It's a shame cos I for one desperately need relief form the corny files that use at least one Rasom SS and constantly return when it isn't even necessary. I just wonder at the mentality or these players.

I 'm sick of seeing my RP drag in the mud cos I'm giving free wins to lower levels.

We can't even do UD atm

A themed tourney is just whats needed.

I don't mind helping to organize, but where the hell are the GMs? Do we even have any atm?
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Next

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau