Open and ongoing request for theory-crafted files

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Open and ongoing request for theory-crafted files

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Arakis did you have any specific cards you'd like to use? Might as well be selfish and try to find ways to use cards you like.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby VertuHonagan » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:30 pm

I would love to give out file ideas or construct one for you but it is so much harder to make a file when you don't have the cards. Looking through the entire card list will be a huge pain in the butt. Is there any way to easily look at all of the cards and construct a file that way?
Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan

Postby CainHyde » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Arakis, will you tell us your comment after testing the theory file?
If you get too many request, maybe only if the file totally failed or perform pretty nice.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Callonia » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:45 am

Long time no see Arakis, I know you still popin and check because I still got a replay of our duel where you used true retear/afel/zu dragon emp vs my gowen/lawtia file xD Because i see your avatar in the duel occasionally updating extremely infrequently.

Well i dunno, I haven't tried making anything uber in a long long time since the gowen lawtia file you fought me when i used it.
Callonia

Postby harvest4god » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:24 pm

Ark Good ol buddy. Long time no see. Hope you are doing well.
harvest4god

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:54 pm

I would like to see a full SP lockdown file with new Esk, Nightmare, and possibly that reincarnated beast guy whose name I forgot.

Probably start with Defect doll+lucia SS open to get a big enough SP advantage going where you can force a lockdown early. Then just stall, then play a Spah and iczer a few times FTW.
LoneKnight

Postby Arakis » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:45 pm

Sorry, this will probably end up being long. I want to make sure I hit all the points that were brought up.

Ropey wrote:Conflict here, one says they are just a translator the other that they hosted cool events? Which in case nobody noticed we could do with around here.

My roles in Alteil have been kind of variable over the years. I'll give a quick rundown, since not everybody here knows. I was working as a freelance translator, in other words a remote independent contractor, for Media Blasters when they acquired the license for Alteil. My primary and only ongoing duty to the game since that time has been to translate cards, trailers, and the like. At first I was offered the position of GM but turned it down, then later after I played some, I expressed interest and managed to get it. As part of my GM duties, I ran several file-building contests over a period of a few years. Now that the game is no longer under the Media Blasters umbrella, though, such contests are no longer feasible. So now I'm back to only translating for it, and that's only a few times a year whenever new cards are released. When I play the game as a GM, it's entirely voluntary and on my own time. This is part of why I don't play very often. I'm also only so-so when it comes to playing skills. Unless I'm using some crazy OP file and my opponent is using a barely-modded starter, he or she has a pretty good shot at beating me. But hey, if I lose, the community wins because somebody earned a card. It's all good.

GonFreeces31 wrote:Arakis did you have any specific cards you'd like to use? Might as well be selfish and try to find ways to use cards you like.

That's a good point. I should provide some guidance for those who don't want to consider the entire card pool. I'd say that given the nature of this, let's focus on rares. Specifically 5*s, 3*s, and EXs, since those are generally the hardest cards for players to complete playsets of. Better yet, combos of rares, so multiple 5*s or what-have-you. Naturally these files will also contain lower rarity cards, but it doesn't take long after a new set is released for those to be thoroughly tested, so there's not much need to focus on them. As for specifics, my weakest sphere has always been Falkow and I've always enjoyed multi-sphere. That doesn't mean I won't play Falkow or mono, it's just what tends to be a more natural fit for me. There's one card in particular that I've always wanted to see work out in Folrart, and that's Rasfel. I think LoneKnight alluded to him in a previous post. His start skill is one of the most interesting skills in the game, IMO, and I'd love to see some way to make him shine. A Lawtia/Gowen SP lockdown does sound like the natural way to go.

VertuHonagan wrote:I would love to give out file ideas or construct one for you but it is so much harder to make a file when you don't have the cards. Looking through the entire card list will be a huge pain in the butt. Is there any way to easily look at all of the cards and construct a file that way?

I'm not totally sure I follow what you're asking, but I agree that the sheer number of cards is overwhelming at this point. That's part of why I said file stubs are cool instead of full files. A basic idea of some combo of 2-3 cards that might work, but doesn't currently see use, could be all that's necessary for getting started. Or if you have a general idea of types of cards that would round it out, it's easy enough to use the filters on the card list to narrow down parameters and find cards with appropriate stats.

CainHyde wrote:Arakis, will you tell us your comment after testing the theory file?
If you get too many request, maybe only if the file totally failed or perform pretty nice.

I'll try to do so, but bear in mind that as I only play so often, I'll probably be choosy with what to play. The more fun a file is, the more I'm likely to play it, naturally. For starters, I gave Pera's Big Red idea with Three-headed Dragon a brief spin. It definitely does need more damage souls, and I was kind of disappointed in the new dragon. Its skill reminded me of Combat Monk in that it very often only hit one target, and sometimes not for much damage. I think I'd like it better if it was 0SP, but maybe that would be too strong.

Callonia wrote:Long time no see Arakis, I know you still popin and check because I still got a replay of our duel where you used true retear/afel/zu dragon emp vs my gowen/lawtia file

That's the kind of file I tend to lean towards, ridiculous things like dual (or more) emperors and such. In fact, maybe I should reconstruct that file. It is a lot of fun to play.

harvest4god wrote:Ark Good ol buddy. Long time no see. Hope you are doing well.

Thanks, Harvest. I can't complain. Work got rocky for a while there but it's evened out for the most part now.

And thanks to all for the response so far!
Arakis

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:49 pm

Yeah, was talking about Rasfel.

Another idea with Rasfel is to combo with Toromera to get +2 free SP/turn (if you can somehow manipulate AGI I think, I don't remember if the combo works without it).

He has some interesting applications to say the least.
LoneKnight

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:51 pm

Yep I knew it. GMs like dual emperors and miffy ss. Here you go:
Point is to cem stuff with messala and then trigger miffy ss. Then play retear, which comes with a free revive and get all your cards back. You can stall with fortune and gaiessoul open. Try not to trigger a lot of ss in the beginning especially vs en. Instead just rest and stall with gravan and revive with gilensea. The card on the very bottom row (3 copies) can give you 9 refess level, so you might not even need miffy ss to play retear. Get her out if you suspect fierte ss.
Icyman2

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Arakis wrote:There's one card in particular that I've always wanted to see work out in Folrart, and that's Rasfel. I think LoneKnight alluded to him in a previous post. His start skill is one of the most interesting skills in the game, IMO, and I'd love to see some way to make him shine. A Lawtia/Gowen SP lockdown does sound like the natural way to go.

Well Rasfel is a card who, IMO, you should NEVER build a file around. He is a counter-unit. So it doesn't really make much sense to build a file about forcing a unit who adds nothing to your own file, but only hard counters specific tribes (like orcs). His strength is 100% dependent on what the other other person is playing and if it's reliant on SP skills. It's sort of awkward to think about because "files that use SP" isn't really something you think about in terms of weaknesses of your own file. But really he should probably be in some rush file that likes to click attack. The thing is any file you put him in you do so at the cost of another functional tribal unit that adds synergy.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum