Crest Prebuilt suggestion

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Crest Prebuilt suggestion

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:13 am

I'm not telling you anything, I'm telling you facts. Prebuilts means less money for Alteil in the short and long run. You can interrupt or reason why however you want.
Romdeau

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:46 am

My biggest concern is also the fact that an older prebuilt, carbuncles get nerfed and there will obviously be no gran back guarantee. I feel sorry for the players that bought it due to them being suggested. They might rage quit the game.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:49 am

I won't try to flesh out why prebuilds caused a net decrease in monthly revenue. I suspect they were underpriced then.

Prebuilds in alteil japan are very popular. They are tiered by rarity and also quite pricey. For the ones with multiple rares and ex you are looking at 3500 gran each ( think gold box) but with like 2 5 star, 3 x 4 star, handful of ex and handful of 3 stars etc. by having contests to design prebuilds it engages your playerbase and gives them a connection to the game in a way. I suspect icyman would win a few of these design contests. Sigh.....just another example of user suggestions left by the curb.

It should be reevaluated in this light. At 500 gran/ prebuild I could easily have told you that you would earn less than normal.

AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:04 am

Yeah, that's my opinion as well. Releasing them at 500, while awesome, is suicidal. It has even better recycle value than lottery at that point!
LoneKnight

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:18 am

Yes, but they also have to be priced to be in free player range. If you have a F2P model, the majority of your players should be playing for free. It's usually a long-tailed model. If you're just going to have events (or if the majority of the events will be) for the few that shell out consistently, then, uh, why do you ever expect to have a large player base?
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:24 am

Maybe it was undercosted. But some have bought it at 1500 gran and now it's getting nerfed.

It was much more better than lottery, but the lottery is garbage most of the time.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:32 am

If it has less than 100% recycle value, it's not undercosted.

If you can't even make your commons readily accessible with a tiny fraction of some uncommons (rares and EX both recycle for 30, so let's call them uncommons), you have a very serious business model problem.

If you're running a F2P game, you should be able to accept that some players will be playing for free. If you alienate them, you're going to have a tiny community playing in a tiny sandbox.
DeeGee

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:32 am

Lottery is complete junk outside of hyper lotto. Even the last rarity up was in my opinion a clever ploy. They gave out many set cards but seeing these as outliers in what was on average a 65% recycle lotto didn't change the mean by an appreciable amount.

DG- you must have missed that tiered part i wrote. Different levels of built files based on different abilities to acquire. It seems to be quite effective in A2 since when i played there i ran into a ton of different build files. If they want consistency (apocoplay) establish a prebuild cost at say 30-35% above the file's recycle value. In other words you pay more than it's recycle value but get a usable file and known cards. I guarantee the past prebuilds did not fit this mold at 500 gran when i suspect most users picked them up.

Cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:38 am

30/35% is terrible IMO. Even if a prebuilt recycled at 95% value, you'd still be getting the same cards over and over again. With the midlawt prebuilt, I bought one, recycled just about everything, and bought another, just to get the 3rd EX Zuga. Releasing prebuilts as they are for 1500 gran would be a slap in the face of the majority of new/free players.

Look, if someone is a collector and wants ALL THE CARDS, then they can spend. If someone wants to make metas full of OMFG RARES, they can spend. If someone wants all the prebuilts, they can spend.

But if you're just a free player looking to have a few competitive files, you should be able to get at least that. If the only role of free players is to just be fodder for spenders with their accounts that they spend hundreds (if not thousands) on, then what are we talking about?
DeeGee

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:51 am

Obviously we are talking about economic success of the company. LoL, i never said it was a good buy -35% over recycle rate. That is what it would need to be to compete with their lottery since it has a recycle rate of somewhere between 55-60% on a normal day. They have always upcosted cards when you are getting known cards. Each ex card is 220 gran and recycle for 30 gran-yet they continue onward with that model.

For them to implement prebuilds or anything new it would probably have to be equal in comparitive cost to other buying options.

You know my thoughts on cost and availability - they mimick your but as Rom stated the company won't budge so we are left in that vicious circle. I am eagerly awaiting the Nov. and Dec. financial reports.

AD

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

PreviousNext

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau