Heroes and Villains of set 12

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Heroes and Villains of set 12

Postby Ropey » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:17 am

Just for fun I'd like to hear your gut reaction to the new set.
Please no DG type posts!
Shoot from the hip and feel those spikes!
Which cards do you think will be buffed/nurfed a month or two down the line?
Any cards you feel are spot on and need no change?

Whatever gripe or praise you have for set 12 you are welcome to post here.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: Heroes and Villains of set 12

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:38 am

Most cards are spot on.

Frontier Mage needs immediate support added to the game. Sure you can go into falkow and combo it with that, but in my opinion the synergy is horrid! At least the subtype needs to be changed.

Anything else is not really spot on, but it's alright as of now and any changes would be required only on other cards.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby NitroDino » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:42 am

Pera have you seen Elite Mage Soldier's soul skill?

Do [damage: 40] to one enemy unit. Return 2 Grimoire cards from your Cemetery to your Card file.

I don't think that any of the set 12 cards are going to be nerfed in the near future.
NitroDino

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:11 am

Bad soul skill! Horrid actually. You are better off just loosing the damn grim.

I didn't call for any nerfs.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:20 pm

Here's my take, but remember you are playing to all intense and purpose a child's game! So don't get to upset. :)

I did think crest I little OTT, but since have seen that they are quite balanced.
But if like me you can't or don't wanna play em. The other stuff is a bit mixed. I'm still trying to make the poison stuff work and Death calling is a diamond! Knight of the second death is ok ish, but merc assassin who could help out in a poison file is the only merc in lawtia? Spirit witch can help out with the gowen level and she is a good little card.

Falkow fans must be dancing in the street! You can get hit with large damage very fast. That is if the pansies don't return your arse from the field first!

Refress players will quickly go back to the broken stuff from the last set. Unless they can think and play files outside the box?

The manly testosterone types among us sadly will quickly be crying into their lager. Another set goes by and to be honest you will quickly revert back like a caveman to old Gowen stuff, just to save yourself a piece of pride. Saying stuff like "I died well, I took quite a few of those girls out before I finally bit the dust!"

The mercs take to long to set up, but have potential? Maybe it's just me playin em wrong. There's a few wishy washy griims, and old God Gun looks the nuts I got his attack up to 999 in one game against pirates, but eventually finds his arse hanging in the wind.

!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:36 pm

Overall, the set doesn't excite me. It feels more like a bunch of support cards instead of cards that promote new archetypes.

Individually, these cards excite me:

Dat Lawtia Shock Trooper -- Finally, a decent level 4 tank for Lawtia. In the past I tried using Cursed Armor Knight, but he was undead and ate up SP on close. Looking forward to trying him out.

Eskatia -- SP drain is one archetype I like to try, and she SP drains plus gains SP for me. BFFs with Nightmare Given Form? I'll have to see.

Noze- Something to use instead of Bog Wyvern, I approve. Plus, she has synergy with Black Storm, and after playing against that grim, I've learned to hate it. Great blue finisher.

Ben Mac - I like him in Big Red. I may finally have a replacement for Earth Dragon ;).

I have yet to play with any of them, so these are just my thoughts.
shadowsketch

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:48 pm

shadowsketch wrote:BFFs with Nightmare Given Form? I'll have to see.

A weak level 4 on top of eskatia that isn't a damage dealer? Better get something that does damage on the field.

I think i got about the same top favorites as you shadowsketch. :D
Black storm is such an awesome grim. @_@
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Aoi » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:59 pm

I know I probably shouldn't be so hung up on a name but, It irks me that Heierrat Sniper only has 3 rng when Rifleman Knight that lv1 Merc has 5 rng, I think it should get a buff to 5 rng upon rank up to make its title make sense. Also I think its kinda weird that Heierrat Knight heals by def when the only merc with good def is Fierte, and that it can't combo its start with Heierrat Commander's start since Commander makes def=10 not just gain 10 for turn. But besides those nitpicks so far I think set 12 is right on. Haven't tried anything past Dutchy or Merc nation so can't really say anything about the rest.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby Romdeau » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:04 pm

You know Knight's action is a double attack and a random heal attached right? But you're right I think he needs a small tweak.

Sniper can hit 2/3 enemy rows sitting behind a tank line. I think that's pretty fair. I think Yuni is a superior ranged fighter though, in most cases.
Romdeau

Postby shadowsketch » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
shadowsketch wrote:BFFs with Nightmare Given Form? I'll have to see.

A weak level 4 on top of eskatia that isn't a damage dealer? Better get something that does damage on the field.

Of course you're going to want a damage dealer. This is for once you're in control of the field.

But the above two cards set up the opponent in a 1 SP use it or lose it situation. You want to drop it after you know you can overwhelm the opponent's field.
shadowsketch

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion