Set 12 Design

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 12 Design

Postby Muklas » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:02 pm

Same happened with the serpent files of old.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:14 pm

Not really. Serpents were really OP beyond any level of acceptability + they have access to returns. That massively ruining the game.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Not really. Serpents were really OP beyond any level of acceptability + they have access to returns. That massively ruining the game.

Anything with returns to you is OP, yet you can't see that returns simply enforce a low SP environment. Sort of like shades and bitter destiny and death's embrace. Please, Pera. You're a broken record. Accept that not every game is a high-SP solitaire.
DeeGee

Postby Muklas » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:18 pm

I'm still miffed that I wasted 2700 gran on a file that's going to be worthless come tommorow.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Muklas wrote:I'm still miffed that I wasted 2700 gran on a file that's going to be worthless come tommorow.

Get used to it. I PC'd 2 bringers and 3 BKRs on my original account only for that file to be barely a memory.
DeeGee

Postby Ropey » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:34 pm

It's not going to become worthless. It will just means that other stuff can give em a good game, and that the things buncles beat with ease don't have to be buffed. There was not much wrong with buncles awhile back, you just had to be a bit clever with the souls. They are in their current state cos of to many cry babies that couldn't think outside the box a little.

I do agree that the timing is awful and should be held off until the meta settles after the release of war heroes.

This is all off the point of this thread, which is about set 12. So maybe one of you buncle lovers would like to start a separate thread? You could even swap ideas as to how to negate the nerfs rather than being so damn defeatist!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:44 pm

We can move buncles to another thread. But in terms of set 12 design, what's left to say? Falkow got some more grimcount stuff and maybe Ibert (maybe). Gowen got completely stiffed in terms of "oh look here's yet another load of stuff that'll make people say ow when you press the attack button, just like you've gotten for the past 5 sets--and you can wait for another 5 sets before you get any half-decent tech to make up for the loss of lock, RFA, Bringer, and Jack". And the new Dilate has maybe some potential. Refess got yet more tech, and Lawtia got some new Crest allies (samurai, shock trooper) that should make a splash but probably won't because it's a bunch of costly units that work fantastically if your opponent lets you solitaire and get stiffed by stuff such as Dion control if your opponent decides to actually get out to counter you.

Basically, it seems the testing team decided to make sure that this set wouldn't have anything like Dilate/Ruuca, or Chaos Anna or KoM Verlaat or Miff, and just made sure everything ascribed to niche or mediocre status.

But hey, at least the new Cresties will provide some variety.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:46 pm

Muklas wrote:I'm still miffed that I wasted 2700 gran on a file that's going to be worthless come tommorow.

I was wondering if i should get carbuncles on my main and thus spend some money for it. Not anymore. I am glad i didn't and i feel rewarded for not spending.

But i still feel a bit sad for my alt because it got completely ruined by this nerf.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:50 pm

What do the new crest units provide that the old ones didn't? I don't mean to be critical, but all these comments of "at last crest is playable" make no sense to me. Crest has been playable for a while now. They just have more variety now.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:53 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:What do the new crest units provide that the old ones didn't? I don't mean to be critical, but all these comments of "at last crest is playable" make no sense to me. Crest has been playable for a while now. They just have more variety now.

Well the shock trooper is an amazing tank (or at least seems to be) that you could line up with Langbart. The samurai is effectively a ranged unit that's out of 40 dmg SS range unlike Igina. So it might give cresties that one more bump they may need to actually be a viable meta. But yeah...just simply attacking at a mediocre speed isn't the way to win games anymore :(
DeeGee

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion