Set 12 Review thread

Strategies and Card File Construction

Set 12 Review thread

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:48 pm

First of all i'll start by restating the fact that i am very pleased with set 12 and it's outcome i think nearly every card got a decent role somewhere in the game and even frontier mage which didn't really get one can still see improvement through new card release.

I'll start with lawtia since they also got the multisphere cards. The other spheres will be posted later in the posts below.

Have fun reading and feel free to use this as a guide when trying to select your play worthy cards for your new decks. Keep in mind the ratings are based on how well i think the units will hold the test of time and how good their usefulness overall is, not the card strength alone. Card strength alone i would rate 5/5 for about any card in set 12 as for me 5/5 represents exactly what a card should be like.

Moonlight Princess / Eskatia
unit:
Stats fitting and also total points of a level 2.

While for some this may seem a weak card, it's actually great at draining SP. See for example you can keep all your SP in your sphere levels then use her actionskill get 2 SP back and summon a level 3-4 unit next turn, the opponent however won't afford to stick all SP in his sphere and wait.
Good to combine with Urgrant, Mad Priest and Chaos Form Noze. But even without them, it's still wonderful and great.

It does require careful planning to turn it into something fearsome so beware.
5/5

SS:
Combo with any damage grim or damaging openskill or if you really have to then just time it right. But it's an incredibly strong SS!
5/5

Lunar General / Dical
unit:
Warning this unit has the stats of a level 3!

This unit will give you headaches in making it work to its full potential. The 0 SP actionskill is what you will use most of the time obviously and thus what you should focus on.
The 1 SP actionskill is strong, but i wouldn't really bother with it too much. It's not really worth it and besides his 0 SP skill already does AT x2 to two units and perhaps kills them. The 1 SP actionskill even if you enable it with EX pixy fighter it might not be worth it. You loose 1 SP to activate the skill, probably 1 more SP to revive the unit next turn and then also loose a copy of the card unless you have something to revive him.
The 0 SP actionskill is best used in a crest file. (if you got EX langbart maybe you can pull of some amazing stunts) The 1 SP actionskill could be combined with a healing priest in a refess-lawtia file of some sort.
I doubt he would be good in an Urgrant+Belus mid lawtia file, but you can try. He is a bit too slow for that.

Overall I am sure he will be forgotten as time passes by due to his low AGI. That unless things change in game and he will resurface like afeemina did.
3.5/5

SS:
Decent at best. I'd place it as a 4th or 3rd SS if i would want to add it to my file. Personally i find it too weak.
2/5

War Torn Dragonrider / Millia
unit:
Stats of a level 5. One of the level 5s with an extra stat point overall.

Nice HP, good AT, mediocre AGI and also 2 RNG. Overall great distribution of stats which she needs to perform her rampant slaying.
If you got the SP then you can destroy the entire enemy field just with her alone, but i don't recommend playing her alone. Also she has 2 RNG, use that to your advantage and place something in front of her. I like the fact she buffs her AT on close, it ensures that with each extra SP used she will deal more and more damage.
What you use as a tank in front of her is up to you, but make sure you do have something to cover her. She is only 3 AGI. Don't spam her skill without being sure you do gain a big immediate advantage such as killing a good number of units.
Mid-Late to Late game should seem better since you have more SP floating around, maybe and also more of the opponent's damage or engage SS might be gone.
Hard to suggest a good unit to go along with her. There aren't many. Perhaps a soul eater or a belus will do much more than an undead card since you can stall the opponent and get some SP. Besides if soul eater does survive and you got plenty of SP you can send stuff to cemetary, tho belus might be better with his double attack for just 2 SP. These two are my personal picks tho, adjust according to your own playing style. Some might prefer to use undeads or free revivers to tank for her. Nearly unobtainable EX zuga would be nice to have in front of her.
It's a card that needs good planning. It's good and i think it will stay around for a long time.
4/5

SS:
Decent SS. The targeting being random might not help as much. There are better ones out there so keep looking. I would probably add it as a second SS for when a unit hits the field. Don't care much about AT debuff tho.
2.5/5

Crest Adjutant / Famille
unit:
While this unit has 1 stat point lower than the normal level 2, it can buff a friendly crest unit with 1 AGI, which is important for crest which has the AT but almost nothing else.

His actionskill is very situational. It's good, but you won't find time to use it more than occasionally so i believe it's best to not plan to rely on it. Note it can also send one of your own closed units to the cemetary and since crest guys aren't more than glass cannons, chances are you will have to often avoid using the skill. Overall not a very great card, but a situationally auto win or at least game changing card.
In time it probably won't be forgotten, but it will start to see more play in fun oriented deck more than in meta ones.
3/5

SS:
sigh, i don't value it much, but if folrart is filled with level 1 spam or you simply want to counter an Oeste file then maybe just maybe you could try this SS. Place it early, slot 1 or 2.
1/5

Tears of Blood
Although this card will turn out useless in some situations, i wouldn't neglect it when building a new deck or considering improvements on my older decks. 1 SP only above criminal edge and strikes an extra target. A late game grim to get rid of the silly 3rd copies when the opponent refuses to quit. Finish him! Fatality!
If you don't have chaos absorbtion in your deck, then you should consider adding this card. It's about the strength of a judgement hammer by my estimates.
Note the lack of the word "random" mentioned on the card! ;)
4/5

Grand Duke's Private Guard
unit:
Stats of a level 3, but the conditional start skill can buff it into a level 4!
This card is here to stay in play until nerfed. 1 SP actionskill that can bash on top of that makes it a fearsome unit and it's one of the reasons it's good outside of a crest file too.
The 0 SP attack skill is another incredible strong skill, but it's best used within a crest deck. It's what keeps the card strong even against faster opponents or when the start skill didn't activate.
This is as an overall strong unit, not just one that is strong in crest. Short term and long term at least a decent unit. Good for most level 3 rush decks.
5/5

SS:
Not a great SS. It's good debuff, but overall some damage or revive or a buff SS will help you much more. Also some units don't rely on their AT to deal damage. Move along, nothing to see.
1/5

Grand Duke's Shock Trooper
unit:
Stats of a level 4, but has an auto that buffs it into a level 5.

Don't bother using girl druid for the actionskill, because it's a really frail and costly unit and you will regret using it. If you go into gowen anyway and add ignition to your deck then you have achieved more and easier! Also if he dies before using his action that way you can still take away 1 LP! Wonderful!
Another combo would be to play him with refess units if you got a Limier. Aivault and guardian is a good example. Add a healing priest in the back. I can't stress enough how strong healing priest is if you play lawtia-refess anyway.
If you don't multisphere he is still great. With 90 HP and 5 DF he is a good tank too.
Strong unit, here to stay in play for a long time! Maybe someone should make an LP destruction deck with him. Overall he is strong even outside of a crest deck, in a mid lawtia deck perhaps or a level 3 deck of your choice. I'd always check to see how useful he is in any new deck i make.
Hope it doesn't get nerfed.
5/5

SS:
AT debuff ain't that great and it being temporary is really bad. This is one of the weaker return soul skills.
2.5/5

Death Calling
unit:
WARNING This unit has 1 stat below the normal level 2 stats!

I feel assassins needed this unit to improve on their subtype. Too bad some of their good cards are EX and thus nearly impossible to obtain.
The openingskill is very important. It's like an upgrade salamader openskill also you don't really need to play this card in a dedicated assassin deck you can use it with any one other assassin.
The actionskill is a great addition against all the super tanks out there and also viable vs undeads to remove copies faster.Labeau appears to be improved by this card's mere existence.

Great unit, i think it's one of the cards that will keep seeing play every now and then at least.
4/5

SS:
I guess it's alright to add this as an SS to the game since it increases chances players will get it and also allows you to play those units which you normally have to use as SS because there is no alternative. It's a really good SS. I usually use something that stalls my opponent through damage. I find that better.
4/5

Frenzy
This is actually one of the useful grims and amazing grims in this game. Consider adding it and make sure to carefully time it to get the most out of it.
5/5

Knight of the Second Death
unit:
WARNING Stats of a level 4.5

You should run this in an undead deck with units like priestess of madness to get the most out of the card. Add some poison grims and you're set. Note that the poison grim requires 1 gowen sphere level, which means that if you got the super rare, nearly unobtainable beltia undead card you should add it to your deck for late game or even earlier in game to dish out some serious damage.
Undeads have become even with their free revive vanila units, so when you play them think more of gaining advantage than tanking with them.

Decent unit. Undeads aren't very popular right now, but this unit doesn't need an undead deck to be useful, so go ahead and be creative.
3/5

SS:
Alright if you are a great fan of mordmac SS, but be careful since
it's also casts poison on your side of the field.
3.5/5

Noble Spectre
unit:
Stats of a level 3.

Overall i don't see this as something you will want to add to your undeads. Sure the AT debuff will help you save copies easier, but i'd rather add some of the other cards, since your opponent's cards are supposed to die unless you do something wrong. Also she is actually good in undead decks in an undead mirror and not really in a standard
game.
As she is right now i would rather add her to a wild dog deck. Too bad she isn't a female dog (you know the word, ya the one that gets censored on the forums).

Overall? Decent. Long term maybe not so good. But right now i feel she is alright.
3/5

SS:
I wouldn't use it as a 3 LP. But maybe that's because i have zangadylan. It's still a decent early 3 LP. Feel free to experiment with it.
2/5

Spirit Witch
unit:
WARNING Stats of a level 1.5

But let's ignore that, what's important about her is that openskill. That's simply wonderful and allows you to use higher level undead cards without having to play priestess of madness on the field and constantly worrying if it stays alive or not! Exactly. It's good to play her with knight of second death.
The actionskill is not really anything worth using or something really great, except for the fact that if you do raise your gowen spheres manually it does save you 1 LP! Which might make you consider to add beltia or even dullin to your undead file.

Her usefulness is solely dependant on the usefulness of undead type cards. Here to stay as long as there is at least one major strong undead.
4/5

SS:
whatever, not a great fan of minor level increase along with little damage output, but if you think that is actually worth anything, then go ahead and use it
1/5

Crest Samurai
unit:
Stats of a level 3.

I liked the alteil japan version more, but this is alright. It's a decent crest card, personally i think a card like halberd is better but how good she really is depends on your deck. Besides she is a warrior so if you play gowen-lawtia warriors with her and have some EX fighter pixy then she is really worth it since she'll do some really nice damage.

In the long run, this card might start to see less and less play, unless there will be more support for focused cards.
3/5

SS:
See spirit witch. This SS is rubbish. -1 point tho for repetitiveness in similarity. I hate the SS.
0/5

Crest Blitz Swordswoman
unit:
WARNING! Stats of a level 1.

She simply has to be played in a deck with a decent amount of crest type cards. The warrior subtype doesn't help that much and there aren't enough warriors support card to justify playing her for being a warrior.
But in a crest deck she is absolutely amazing! Her close skill condition is very easy fulfilled, in fact you will probably go beyond that requirement, which means you can either generate SP with her or use her as a nearly free reviver.
Also her super attack selfbuff is so huge you will be able to take out the nasty tanks thanks to her.

In a crest file, this is a must include card and it's good as a single copy too if you want to risk it.
5/5

SS:
Well it buffs crest units, but the good thing is you don't actually need 3 copies of her in your deck, which makes the SS worth looking at, unlike many cards out there. And the soul skill effect itself is really wonderful. Give it a try, see how it goes. Crest will benefit a lot from the extra agility.
4/5

New God of Evil / Elgandi
unit:
WARNING stats of a level 3! It's a multisphere, they usually have stats of something that's 1 level higher so better make good use of his skills because otherwise this unit won't help you at all.

Although this card has the potential to auto win in some cases, i am not sure what to make of it. Perhaps have abyssal force + healing priest deck and try to avoid having to use the close skill since it got a terribly huge cost on it.
It's for most part a fun card like Inside, only much better. You could try using the other Al Bundy if you got him, they seem to synergize very well.
To me Al Bundy seems like a card with an Iczer in it. Maybe next version of him should have some soul skills and deck of his own added. It's interesting it's something that doesn't force you to spend SP to remove cards so it's worth giving it a try in a fun deck at least.

This card is at the very least here to stay in fun decks or maybe it will one day even become meta itself. It's really great. I would attempt a death calling combo with him along with healing priest.
4/5

SS:
Avoid using it. It's terrible. I prefer scarrion. And ya **** death's embrace too. Rubbish combo.
-9001/5

Guide of Causality / Fellana
unit:
Stats of a level 3.5, which is nearly alright for a multisphere card.

Startskill is godly revive. We have a few decent and even good lawtia-falkow cards and you should really try playing them if you have the cards. Note startskill says you don't need falkow levels to revive! Which means you can start of with having falkow levels and then ignore them if you only care about reviving friendly falkow-lawtia units at the moment of abusing the startskill's strength.
Actionskill amazing drain and lock, which opens up great possbilities of combinations and strategies. Doesn't seem to work too well with eskatia on the field tho. You could add both in same deck, but better not play at the same time. Rememeber to add at least annarose simulacrum.
The autoskill is supposed to work with the set 12 sumer, but you can use any other cards to reduce agility. A free engage is always good!
5/5

SS:
Use rasam or zu and ignore this SS.
2.5/5

Keeper of Causality / Sumer
unit:
Stats of level 3.5, again below what a multisphere card usually gets and should get.

Startskill same as fellana, which means you'll have an easier time keeping them both alive, thus revive after a grim or soulskill or openskill damage.
Actionskill might not seem to great, but it's important to use with felana and also it debuffs AT to increase your own cards' survivability. The autoskill perfectly combines with Gaysoul's opening and felana's actionskill, make sure to time properly tho.

Overall she is even better than fellana! One of the cards that makes multisphere fun and rewarding.
5/5

SS:
Decent to great SS, depending on how you time it. Overall a bit situational. Try it second slot, first if you really think you can time it well.
3/5

Manipulator Priest
unit:
Stats of a level 4, thus normal stats for a multisphere card.

The startskill will heal your Al Bundys if they get hurt from helping fat women getting their shoes on. Or your curse upon the world level 5 tank. I wouldn't focus on it.
Actionskill is amazing and a great addition to your true god church or refess-lawtia priest deck where you actually might want to use healing priest, since that's obviously a great deck to include her.
Close skill isn't really that great unless you face multi targeting damage skills (note mediator is TGC haha!). Overall it looks like an excuse to play lawtia-refess, but i think the tankiness of this unit makes it worth it!
If you add him in a priest deck, then don't forget sword of mysteries grim, it will help you a lot.
Overall you'll require a bunch of rares and gilensia which is nearly unobtainable locked away card. If you got the rares then do not forget to include Fortune in your file.
It's like the most awesome unit ever.

In the long run i believe this unit will get better and it's quite strong already as it is.
5/5

SS:
Too situational, but could be useful in some match ups or SS combinations as 3rd SS or so.
1/5
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: Set 12 Review thread

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Refess also got lots of amazing cards. Overall this sphere has perhaps less long term good cards, but i might be wrong.

One True God / Unknown
unit:
Stats of a level 4.
Close skill is incredible strong. Complete powercreep. It's worth adding this guy to your file even just for the close skill alone.
Actionskill is merciless death on a stick and for 1 less SP. It's simply crazy strong. Get some miffere and other SP generating cards and get ready to win!
Only real downside is the fact that there aren't many things in refess that will buff it in order to also make it a scary attack force.

Overall amazing unit and here to stay. Probably too good and it can only get better and better in the long run. Really wish i had this card.
5/5

SS:
One of the stronger return SS, but also more situational. If you manage to pull it off mid game you probably won the game right there.
5/5

Solar General / Zagar
unit:
Stats of a level 3, which is can be buffed with ease into a level 4, 5 or even 6/7 with it's autoskill.
In fact that autoskill along with his counter makes this unit into an amazing refess tank can throw some serious damage at your enemies.
That counter probably won't go off too often, but when it does it's merciless and also counters engage skills!
Play in a solar kingdom deck and relax while you enjoy the power! Simply amazing and great unit if you want to kill stuff, even with the trait that disallows the unit to rest.
5/5

SS:
Awesome. Depending on your deck this might be an upgraded version of dalos SS. Can be very strong if used right.
5/5

Holy Commander / Lapierre
unit:
Stats of a level 3.
Startskill is gorgeous, too bad it activates after grim activation, thus not a great counter to return, so keep looking. That extra AT tho is where it's at.
On average 4 solar kingdom units on your field is common, if you are in a bad situation you'll perhaps have only 3, but either way it's good damage at a cheap price!
Close skill basically counters set to 0 HP skills, any damage that takes her to -10 HP or below will kill her. I would also count this closeskill as an extra stat point in HP which
makes her a level 3.5 in stats.
In the long run this unit will vanish, because it has not specifically strong aspect that is outstanding compared to other cards. Right now it's alright.
3/5

SS:
Good to have if you can time it right once you've found the perfect spot in your deck for it.
5/5

Cardinal / Messala
unit:
Stats of a level 2.
The startskill is exceptional. That -1 AGI can mean winning the game if used right and also a 10 DF on your front line tanker is HUGE! This is an incredibly strong startskill. It makes the unit good overall in about any lv 4 and below deck you can add it in.
1 SP actionskill is best used with True God Church units such as Cosmos, Cynthia and even expert martial artist. It's best to pick the units that will benefit most from the skill since you're paying 1 SP and your units won't be left alive forever. So pick an unit that is a true god church and a martial artist type.
0 SP actionskill is a good way to gain some quick SP by removing your cards which you could get later back one way or the other so plan ahead with an SS. This skill is probably more worth to take into consideration since it helps you play units at a much faster rate and thus gain a very crucial early advantage.
Overall a really amazing unit. Here to stay for sure even in card files that don't rely on true god church units.
5/5

SS:
Take Faytis or some other good 2 LP SS and ignore this one.
1/5

Miraculous Victory
Super great grim. Just time it right. I prefer using it's night time and noon effect. Keeping units alive for 3 SP is far better than a little buff.

Veteran Shrine Knight
unit:
Stats of a level 5 with an extra point.
Openskill is a very strong counter against file that dare engage you until the end of next turn. If you feel you get too often against engage effects the add one copy of this guy. I believe that's enough if you only care about the openskill.
Pinpoint can be crucial but it's not worth focusing on that alone.
His extremely strong DF counter probably kills the unit after the shield break, so if you think your file needs a shield breaker and you don't already have one then get this guy. Use him if you encounter often units with some DF on them.
In the long run this unit is decent at best. It does some really useful things and he is strong at what he can do, also a speedy tank, but he will decrease in usefulness over time unless new cards he will synergize with will show up.
3/5

SS:
Weak. Basically just a counter to the few engage skills out there that last over to the next turn.
1/5

Heavy Folrart Guardian
unit:
Stats of a level 4.5
The question isn't if you should play this or folrart guardian. The question is how to get both of them on the field. Overall i prefer this one since it's survivability is higher with a few buffs than that of folrart guardian.
As some might like to say, this is the version if guardian that instead of rest will click attack more often, which is not necessarily true.
Keep in mind it all depends on the field and the buffs your units get and it's a long term good unit.
4/5

SS:
Good SS to raise spheres. The best version of that sort of SS.
5/5

Folrart Psycho Soldier
unit:
Stats of a level 4.5 on a level 3 unit, which makes it worth going multisphere to fulfil her statskill and actionskill conditions.
The card is designed to reward you a lot more than just better stats if you are willing to add crest units to your deck which are lawtia cards, so try getting a limier or something to raise your lawtia spheres.

Set 12 has some really strong crest cards added to the game. Shock trooper and royal guard would be the best additions to your solar kingdom deck if you are using psycho soldier in your deck.
Also don't forget to add Eskatia and Verlaat, it can counter the original level 2 eskatia and the original level 2 verlaat startskills.
With all these cards you got yourself a decent deck at the very least. Overall this card's usefulness depends on how useful crest cards are and also on how easy it will be to play refess-lawtia.
4/5

SS:
One of the many return SS in this game.
3/5

Holy Protection
Good grim similar to cure light, but it doesn't give 1 SP back. I prefer this one tho.
3/5

High Priestess
unit:
Stats of a level 2.

The actionskill is really what you should focus on if you bother to play this unit. With 3 true god church units on the field you get lv 6 into refess, that would be about 3 free refess levels! Amazing!
4 true god church units on the field and you get refess level 8, maybe it's a bit trickier but overall worth trying.
The startskill gives your weak attackers a little more punch.
Having 3 copies of this unit in your deck might not be worth it, unless the first two get bombarded too often and you really need a 3rd for your setup to get refess level 6 or 8. It would be better though if you focus on getting level 6 or 8 with just 2 copies. It's called planning ahead and you will be glad you did so. The sphere level is important for late or even mid game. As the last copies of your units fade away all that's left will be their SP and what better way to make use of it than to perhaps summon a star dragon or play judgement hammer grims? Funny judgement hammer has now synergy with true god church type.

Great unit, will stay good only as long as true god church have interesting or strong high level cards in refess that can support them.
4/5

SS:
A mediocre 2 LP that saves you from getting your SP drained during the
turn it's activated.
2/5

Priest of the Holy Weapon
unit:
Stats of level 3.5!

Startskill isn't really that great or worth focusing on, but if you lack Cosmos, then Expert Martial Artist is your next best pick. The startskill makes this into an unit with level 3 stats from 3.5, so don't have him alone on the field! The problem with the startskill is, it doesn't buff himself and with 3 AGI it ensures it can be undone by Russel.
The closeskill is what makes this card really worth it. Getting a second attack means a lot especially in an evironment where returns and tidals run rampant. It's the closeskill that makes this unit worth playing.

Overall great unit with great potential, even worth running 3 copies of him, for his closeskill.
3/5

SS:
Sigh.
1/5

Folrart Archer
unit:
Stats of a level 3

Thanks to the autoskill this unit can perform two attacks each turn. You got an actionskill to "reload" the unit's stats, which also means it has a counter to openskill like Fortune's or other permanent debuffs (if it would finally be able to debuff refess units).
And with the pinpoint skill you can ensure you kill or hit what you like to hit and kill. Amazing unit. Definitely worth considering.

This unit is worth considering whenever you make a solarkingdom deck!
4/5

SS:
Decent SS.
3/5

Folrart Swordswoman
unit:
Stats of a level 3

There aren't many cards to play along with this card to benefit from her startskill. Folrart Hammer Soldier is a bit too slow, Folrart Berserker is better for mid-late game, Mammoth Brigade is alright but there isn't much use of having 2 units bypass DF although mammoth does it for free,feel free to experiment.
Catira won't benefit much from her buff and there are better option for Catira. Justice won't benefit much, but it's a decent combination if you also have folrart archer in the back. Folrart Greatsword Soldier is also good to play with the Swordswoman.
I wouldn't bother with toromea unless i also add Catira and then beware, be very careful with returns.
Actionskill is great against stuff with DF, but those aren't that common outside refess.
Overall this unit is a meatshield, but the buff on the backrow unit is what makes her worth playing, it's what you should focus on if you want to add this card to any of your decks. Best combination in my opinion is her with Folrart Greatsword Soldier and maybe Justice front row, while behind her there is a folrart archer
+ even further back you got some solar kingdom buffers.

She needs more useful warrior friends. Will probably be less and less useful as time passes.
3/5

SS:
Look somewhere else for an SS.
0/5

Brothers in Arms
Decent grim. It can help you dodge removal SS and it can help deal some damage along with getting a card back to your file. I like the second skill better. The randomness might make it see less play.
3/5
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:49 pm

Frontier mage and heierrat knight need some friends they fail right now to find a reasonable deck to be played in.

Also heierrat sniper is completely subpar and needs a buff or rework.

Mercenary Princess / Yuni
unit:
Stats of a level 2.5

Rank up is fine, but not sure since it covers the weakness of the unit starting with 1 stat point less and usually rank up units gain 2 stat points for free at level 5, so not amazing. In fact it's a drawback overall due to that 1 missing stat point.
But with such an amazing Trait it's easy to ignore that minor drawback.
The autoskill makes this even better. Definitely worth adding in your mercenary nation decks.
She needs some good tanks in front of her. Perhaps EX fierrte which is nearly impossible to get. Combo EX fierte with revolver mercenary.

Overall great card. You don't have to play her in a mercenary nation to achieve devastating damage. Beast King Rivera + Jack deck will do just as well if not better depending on what other cards you might have.
5/5

SS:
Good vs low HP units, bad against units with DF. Still has it's worth.
2.5/5

Crimson Hero / Dilate
unit:
Stats of a level 4

Obviously the point of this card is to combine it with song of hero while you have another unit of level 5 or higher on the field. The trait works even when it's the only unit on the field.

Openskill is alright, but don't focus on it. It's better to focus more on the actionskill, but if you have to you can either summon him and let him die or simply have a deck where you activate your SS more aggressively. Could be the first 3 SS or the first 4 SS, up to you, but make sure those SS are devastating and created a field advantage for you so that by the time he gets on the field to use his skill he will only have to kill the leftovers.

Personally i wouldn't focus on the start skill and only take it as a bonus and ignore it for further use. If you think you got the right lawtia-gowen warrior deck with nighttime manipulation to play dilate with then go ahead!
Either way in a warrior deck he will deal a lot more damage, so at least try including him in a warrior deck.
As for good lawtia warriors you might play him with in a night time deck Riza would be my first pick along with succubuses or eskatia which i would let die to activate SS and get to the 4 LP value quick while obliterating the enemy. Moonlight warrior will be a subpar addition because even crest gale fencer would be better in that situation and would serve as a distraction.
Even playing miandela repeatedly might be a good idea and great way to use her openskill by letting her die and getting down to those 4 LP that will boost your dilate into an incredible powerful unit.

Longterm it can get only better and better, due to other level 5 gowen units that might get released.
5/5

SS:
Not a great SS. Keep looking.
1/5

Gun God / Ben MacLachlan
unit:
WARNING Stats of a level 4

Rank up is high and in fact necessary.

With the help of the counter this unit will get 999 attack in no time, but make sure you have some support for him on the field, since relying on him with song of hero spam alone isn't a great idea.
The autoskill is also worth focusing on (unintended pun) but you don't have to play EX fighter pixy to activate it unless you're sure the opponent doesn't want to attack and will rest instead. Not everyone will be ready to jump in a fight without thinking so beware.
There are a few gunners, but they don't synergize. Perhaps you could try Heierrat Musketeer as a front tank for Ben.
Overall nice unit.
3.5/5

SS:
Good to use with inspiration i guess. But not great overall.
2/5

Heroic Faerie / Torte
unit:
Stats of a level 2

Overall a good DF debuffer. It will be good only vs decks that do have. I doubt it's worth having more than 2 copies of this unless you encounter all the time units with DF.
Her actionskill is a bit costly. If your faeries are desperate to get rid of enemy units with high DF then this card is important to have.
In the long run she might get better. Right now she is decent.
3/5

SS:
Nice SS if you play refess perhaps.
4/5

Fire Demon's Blaze
It's a situational grim. Decent but still better than spell lock. It's worth considering it.
3/5

Heierrat Knight
unit:
Stats of a level 4

Great Rank up. It makes the unit quite strong in stats.

Startskill is nice, but in case you play him with EX fierte (which probably don't since it's nearly impossible to get) then you should buff a backrow unit instead, because EX fierte's start will activate after and negate the buff. The start is just a nice bonus. Same will happen if you have ex yuni and ex fierte.
When playing this unit, you should focus on his actionskill which is probably the only good reason to add him. But as it is i find it very mediocre and personally would get some other card.
A unit with high DF in gowen is the 4 star fierte, but it has only 10 HP. Don't bother with it and better stick to 20 HP heal from EX fierte.
Overall bit too mediocre of an unit. Perhaps if it would get some sort of support and if that bloody 4 star fierte would ever get a buff ...
Too many IFs!
3/5

SS:
Bad joke.
-9001/5

Mercenary Fencer
unit:
Stats of a level 2.5

Rank up ordinary.
Good startskill! Amazing actually. Put a musketeer in front of him salamander it and you got an incredibly strong ranged hitter before the round even begins. Plenty of options.
Actionskill is actually quite good, also considering he is a warrior you might just combo him even with amazon.
Good unit nothing else to say.
5/5

SS:
Good SS.
5/5

Three-Headed Dragon
unit:
Stats of a level 7 i guess, although level 7 is that point where stat point count becomes blurry. Units on this level have 20+ stat points so this guy got the absolute minimum for a level 7! Well there are some level 7s with stats of a level 6, so this guy is still sort of lucky. (fire dragon has stats of a level 6 with an extra
point in RNG)

Openskill is pure randomness, as is the actionskill. In fact the entire card is just random, although explosive. It could be incredibly strong or it can fart in the wrong direction and then you probably will loose.
I still like the unit even as it is. It has the chance to devastate your opponent and i would fit this into a deck with other explosive gowen units such as heirrat flame magician, exploding wyvern, efreet, dragonfly and whatever other cards he can befriend with.
I would use his actionskill a lot more than rely on his openskill unless i suspect some removal soul skill coming (which usually do) in which case i would let it die and resummon.

Maybe somewhere in the future there will be once more some random OP card release with better damage overall and will totally outclass
this guy at what he does. Right now, he is great and one of a kind.
4/5

SS:
Randomness is alright for a little fun. Up to you what you make of this.
2.5/5

Cry of Anger
This is a hard to time grim, but what you have to look out for is also the number of units you will have closed on your side of the field. In an explosive deck or at least at the moment in a game where you know for sure the opponent will have something closed on the field you drop this grim and it will deal on average 40 to 60 damage. 100 damage will be hard and not worthy to plan for. 40 to 60 is what you should focus on.
3/5

Heierrat Sniper
unit:
Stats of a level 3.
Rank up is subpar as it usually gives 2 stat points not just one.

Pinpoint is great since you can also buff her. EX yuni will make her too slow to take out nasty stuff in time.
The 1 SP actionskill is not really that great, even if you do counter characters, that 20 extra damage is insuficient to justify this card's usage.
Gunners don't have any real buffers and in a heirrat deck even if you do use ex yuni to buff her, i am not sure it's worth it.

Upon reviewing the cards i've changed my mind about this card. It's not that great, in fact it's lacking. What am i supposed to do with this?
If it had longer range, maybe it would be crazy. As time passes better and more flexible cards might get released and this card will be not worth playing at all! That's for sure. Even now there are so many other options. Bad card! Don't use. Avoid!
1/5

SS:
SS alright.
3/5

Ronin Girl
unit:
Stats of a level 1 that lacks one stat point.
Rank up is very strong, but that's normal for level 9 sphere requirement.

Trait means it will do 2 random attacks for free.
Actionskill is tripple attack for 1 SP. 3 random attacks that is.
If you have a panther soul or a Gaia rogue EX card (which is nearly impossible to get, but which i got and you probalby don't haha!) then you can get the rank up without going all the way to gowen level 9 because it's mostly not worth it. Also Gaia Rogu EX card ain't too good but it ranks up the entire field.
You could play it in the middle of the game or early game and drop a panther soul on it just to force a grim out of your opponent.
Right now he is ok, but that's about it. His skills don't matter as much with such a low attack, but if you have a place for him in your warrior deck, then he might do a lot even without the rank up if you plan on having sacrificial units that is.
3/5

SS:
Garbage.
-534093904093/5

Frontier Mage Swordswoman
unit:
WARNING Stats of a level 2!!!

Autoskill is not as great as it looks. Right now the cards that would synergize with her are missing completely from the game. If you want to have some random fun get a pullermia and some falkow cemetary retrivial units and play along with her and some mage soldiers, but be warned it's a really bad deck right now and way too slow. I wouldn't bother with it.

Also worth of mentioning is the fact that this is the first card i noticed as incapacitated from the new set. Says a lot about it.
It might get better in new sets and with new cards. But right now just keep there for fun.
2/5

SS:
Decent SS for focus based decks, but i wouldn't bother with it.
2.5/5

Explosive Wyvern
unit:
WARNING Stats of a level 3 on a damn level 5.

Openskill is amazing. Use this in an explosive gowen deck for fun results. See tripple headed dragon for further details. The openskill is not only great but it can replace fireball in your deck as it allows doing it for 0 SP, but at the cost of 1 LP instead.
Actionskill you might not always get it of, but you should carefully consider if you use it or instead would prefer to attack. Most of the time i would probably use attack if it kills something.

A great unit and for sure will see play same as free fire arrow on characters card named sakura sees a lot of play.
5/5

SS:
Rubbish except for few fun combos.
1/5

Dragon Fire
Not very strong grim. In my experience it's hard to get more than 2 dragons out on the field, so that should probably be the time you play this card, don't wait for a third. In fact even if there is only one dragon on the field, go ahead and play this card if you need to damage something. Overall i'd prefer fire arrow over the first openskill.
Second openskill is better and does a lot more and also is what makes the card good! Consider adding it for the second openskill. For a level 2 grim it's actually quite a lot of damage!
4/5
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:39 am

Falkow got a lot of amazing units and support this set. Acid Rain might not be a grim anyone will be interested in.

Wizard Princess / Ariete
unit:
Stats of a level 2.5!

Openskill is amazing. Falkow doesn't care about having grims removed. They can get them back with units and soul skills. Well if you lack rares then maybe you will have to rely on this card alone.
Start skill is simply amazing. Even slight AGI manipulation is a huge advantage.
The 0 SP actionskill is amazing. It undoes the backdraw of the openskill.
The 1 SP actionskill basically allows you to use any of your grims without any limit! It's impossible to even put in words how HUGE this advantage is.

Amazing unit. Worth building a file all around her. Well in fact there is an entire theme of falkow cards that rely on grim count.
5/5

SS:
Great SS. It delays the enemy units and also engages them. That's just incredibly incredible strong.
5/5

Goddess of Darkness / Noze
unit:
Stats of a level 7. 22 points is normal for a level 7 i'd say. So unlike tripple headed dragon she actually got good level 7 stats!

Autoskill allows you an extra attack each turn, unless you hit one of your own or you simply face very agile units with which the game is overcrowded.
Actionskill is super amazing. Basically an upgraded form of return that works also on higher level units.
Close skill gets you back a black storm grim, which is scary as hell once you got it up to decent damage. The close skill allows you to replay that powerful grim for 2 SP only! Fantastic!
This is a truly amazing unit. It will stay around for a long time to come and that if people can get lucky enough to acquire it. I find this unit more of an endgame unit that's supposed to finish off whatever is left of the opponent. So plan ahead and plan well.
5/5

SS:
Don't bother with it. I'd rather use a mizalio SS, it wins me the game when that condition is fulfilled!
0/5

Regus Paladin / Ibert
unit:
Stats of a level 3

With the start skill and one unit on the field he reaches his full level 4 stats. Combo him with mage knight of regus which gives 2 AGI on start and can also grim bane if you have any fears of your opponent's grims trying to compete with your returns.
Actionskill will be deal 60 damage with ease. Your concern should be how to keep this unit alive until he can cast it.
Very good damage dealer. But powercreep and the high HP bias might have it's say on this unit.
4/5

SS:
It's great SS. Use on danger units (in case they aren't removed or killed).
4/5

Paladin Captain / Mirelia
unit:
Stats of a level 3

The trait can help avoid the uninteresting sacrifical units, but it can also prevent you from actually killing wounded strong units with attack action. But don't worry you got nice attack actionskill that only cost 1 SP for that.
This is one of the units you should try to play in one of the many possible grim count decks. Her first actionskill that increases grim count should be used as a bonus and not relied on.
However her second actionskill is pure epicness. Falkow plays lots of grims on a regular basis, so don't worry about getting the grim count through grims. What you should worry about is to get grims back and reuse them to increase you grimcount even more! For this there is another mirelia which is a 5 star, she also has an amazing damaging skill that retrieves grims from outside of the game.
Make sure to have SP generating grims or an owl sage or some SS that gives you some decent amount of SP in order to cover the overall cost of your units you added to your grimcount deck.
5/5

SS:
Nice SS, decent most of the time. Also an interesting way of using the same grim twice if you played only one.
4/5

Black Storm
Sort of the perfect grim for grim count decks. Simply amazing damage! Either have a noze on square 5 or a sorc monk of regus or any other late game unit. Will only get better and better.
5/5

Mage Knight Vanguard
unit:
Stats of a level 3

Open can be amazing if timed properly. Use it on an unit that doesn't rely on RNG to make use of it's actionskill or use it to protect your owl sage that is still generating SP. There are ofcourse many more uses such as simply protecting an unit for the one round.
Start is not really amazing. Ignore it. It's simply a bonus before your second return grim. It's best to just drop another return and get a large step closer to winning the game than to care about this 1 stat point.
The actionskill is nice and very useful, but do not even consider for one single moment to refrain from playing return when it clearly benefits your field advantage, just so you can use that extra 10 AT to damage an unit. Return is the way to go.
Great unit. But keep in mind his usefulness is within his openskill, which means even 1 copy is useful!
5/5

SS:
Good SS.
5/5

Regus Combat Sorcerer
unit:
Stats of a level 3

Startskill greatly buffs your wizard kingdom units. If you remember mage knight buffs speed, but activates after her, but you can still sylph him and thus gain an awful lot more attack than you already will do from this startskill.
Wizard kingdom already has high agility, when you also boost it with this amazing startskill you will be able to obliterate the opposing field.
Don't consider her +1 RNG buff just a bonus. In fact it's a way to remove the backdraw from Vanguard's openskill, so you can get 30 AT and 30 DF and still attack or use the grim that does what his open does. Giant mirrage or something.
Also the startskill adds up to an entire new falkow theme. That of a RNG based falkow. Nereies, the 5 star character from set 11 depends on RNG and if you want an easy way to buff RNG there is also the flying grim! There are plenty of useful units with high RNG and a decent actionskill. Which one you choose to play along with this unit is up to you.
The actionskill is what makes her extra 1 RNG startskill buff useful, see with a RNG 3 unit which you buff into a RNG 4 you can deal 40 damage to a target enemy unit on the turns when your mage knight got killed by an SS or something. Battle Mage of Regus has 4 RNG and is in fact a great wizard kingdom unit that will help you finish off whatever dares to stand after you unleashed the rage of your combo.
Amazing unit and here to stay for a long time since it's not only a damage dealer but also a buffer. A bit too good.
5/5

SS:
Get a torte SS and ignore this skill. I mean the first torte card. Not
the set 12 one.
1/5

Elite Mage Soldier
unit:
Stats of a level 4

Actionskill is simply amazing. If you combine this card with mage knight, which you most likely will in order to fulfill the requirement you get a very cheap way to hit two units. Even better if you also manage to have Regus Combat Sorcerer on the field at the same time, you will for sure get two kills with 1 SP against standard rush files.
Autoskill gives a decent boost to survivability, but also 1 RNG which further adds to the new RNG based wizard kingdom theme!
Overall incredibly great unit and here to stay!
5/5

SS:
This is a falkow thing and good if you use ariete turn one. Don't bother using it with frontier mage, it doesn't synergize.
4/5

Sweet Dreams
This is version of unwanted charity, probably even better. Instead of having a chance of generating SP, thus instead of a mere chance to get a bonus on top of dodging removal SS, you can also prevent your units from getting attacked for one round. Do not worry about actionskill too much, most aren't free and also most of the free
or even good cheap ones aren't on good units. Problem is that falkow has far stronger grims, such as returns which you should be focus on spamming instead to easy win games.
3/5

Mermaid Soldier of Regus
unit:
Stats of a level 3

Treat the openskill as a bonus only and use it carefully since it still can matter a lot!
Actionskill further adds to the RNG based falkow theme, but overall it costs a bit much. Occasionally it can kill backrow support units.
The closeskill is where it's at. It's a good idea to keep this front row unless your opponent can pinpoint with ease this card. The closeskill is also a good counter to zu decks. In fact any strong damage skill. Sylph the unit if you have to in order to meet the condition.
This unit ensures survivability amongst wizard kingdom decks, which are already very strong. So keep in mind this unit only further boosts the power and strength of your cards. Supermermaid wannabe!
5/5

SS:
Take Ariete. Ignore garbage version of good SS.
1/5

Ocean Wyvern
unit:
Stats of a level 4

One of the many wyverns falkow has and the startskill makes it amazing!
Openskill is not just a bonus since wyverns do rely a lot on openskill whatever sphere you play them in. My personal favorite is the night which is great to play if you got a way to raise your lawtia sphere quick.
Make sure you don't confuse night wing with his EX version because that one is a garbage card. Lucky for you that might be hard to do since the EX is like any other EX is nearly impossible to get. If you want to use wyverns from other spheres tho, better add gowen ones since there are more useful ones in gowen. Lawtia has only 1 good wyvern.
The actionskill a good simple and quick way to kill enemy units. Combine this unit with teleport or Flying Sorcerer of Regus openskill to use this skill nearly every round!
Maybe not one of the best long term units since there will be more and more cheap actionskills in time. Right now he is a good damage dealer.
4/5

SS:
For a 3 LP SS it's actually amazing.
4/5

Flying Sorcerer of Regus
unit:
Stats of a level 1

Overall this unit is probably my top favorite from falkow's set 12 cards.
The openskill disruption is so damn unbelievably amazing it's worth splashing in many files. Teleport is a really strong effect that can counter many cards. Put a folrart guardian in the backrow. Put a Greg in the backrow. Or put those damn supports in the front row so they stop cowering like little rats that they are in the back!
Actionskill might help in certain situations when it moves one of your units on the backrow or moves a less important unit front row to try to make that one take the hits for whatever useful front row you got. But most of the time you might not want to change any unit's position in which case you should just move this unit with its actionskill. And the best part of the actionskill is allowing yourself to replay the unit for it's great openskill without sacrificing LP or extra card space.

This unit is just as a great spirit if not better. Amazing!
5/5

SS:
Well it allows you to choose what units where to move to. But it doesn't engage them so i rather use Ariete or Diondora SS.
2/5

Sorcerer Acolyte
unit:
Stats of a level 2

Best of all this unit has is the openskill. Try to add it into your refess deck through the help of Oseon or a Wandering Bard. But with Oseon you get access to returns! Which are amazing and you'd be a fool to not abuse them whenever you can.
The actionskill is good, but overall not that great. Perhaps it's not even good to play this unit in a falkow deck.
In the long run this unit's usefulness depends on how important the RNG debuff is in your duels. Right now it's a greatly useful skill. Sunbeam cage is easier to use, but you don't get your SP back. Maybe with an acolyte theme deck this guy will be outrageous.
3.5/5

SS:
-e945390/5

Acid Rain
Not a really great grim. Perhaps it won't see any play for now. Decent.
3/5
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:22 am, edited 8 times in total.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby hexagram » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:08 am

I like- appreciate the effort

Happy holiday season.

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:11 pm

Messala--omfg that start skill. I'd honestly consider him better used outside TGC files. I mean yeah it's nice that he can gen SP for you if you do use TGC, but imagine him in TJC. After seeing this guy, I really want Dryad Soldier to get another look, who IIRC has +10 DF on auto for 3 agility on a level 3 unit, compared to this guy. That said, ladies and gentlemen, GET YOUR TIDALS. No. Seriously. Do it. And honestly, when Refess gets monsters like this, I don't ever want to hear about returns again. +a level in stats to one of your guys, and -a level to stats to one of his guys? Yeah, um, what?

Solar General Zagar--uhhhh--is it me, or is this guy very, very good for a unique reason? Unlike all the other tanks that Refess has, if you don't attack him, you're going to get slapped awfully hard. And god forbid he gets revived with Verlaat's SS or gets the bene priestess SS on him. Yikes. That said, 1 agility means you can knock him down to size before he can really move, if you can hit him hard in one shot. A bit less consistent than folrart guardian, but if you can mitigate that, he can hit a lot harder.

Folrart Heavy Guardian: um, did someone **** up their arithmetic? He has 1 more stat point than a typical level 4. That said, his counter is a little less scary, but only a little.

One True God: Not sold on him. Basically, the question is: where are you going to stick him? In Big Refess, behind a Star Dragon, such that if you don't kill him, you eat merc death, and if you do, you get cemmed? Just doesn't add up for me, because although you save 1 SP on the action, you first need to play a 4 SP unit. You could possibly stick him in EM, in which case his close will be great, but forget about ever using the merc death action.

New Eska: at first, she looks freaking amazing, until you realize: where the heck are you going to put her? EN needs floating SP for regeneration. Maybe with annarose and skeleton warrior or something? That sort of just seems to ask for all sorts of trouble from Falkow, not to mention that even if you are a couple SP ahead by some miracle, you're playing bad units in order not to get drained. Anyone with Falkow will tidal her. Gowen will not take kindly to your level 2 rush silliness, either, and just outfield you.

Tears of Blood and Frenzy--not sold on either of these cards. Why? Because they're Lawtia attack grims. Lawtia doesn't need attack grims. Lawtia can do better with SP drain grims, and while these are good, you have better things to do with the filespace. Such as exchange of souls, death's embrace, and bitter destiny.

Millia: tank with Joachim. EX Zuga can work, too.

Crest Blitz: she could be good, but often times, someone's going to bop her with a 40 dmg SS before her start goes off and then you look like a moron.

Duke's private guard: I suppose he's supposed to be Crest's agility punisher? Except that if he's at high HP, he's agi 5, so you're not going to hit anyone with his slash. And if he's not at agi 5, that means he's going to die the moment he gets hit. Bash is complete mehness. Not to mention, how will you get this guy out and Crest Paladin and on top of that, not lose all your SP to early game revives?

Overall on Crest: I thought they were good at first, but on a second look, they really depend on making your opponent spend more SP reviving than you do, yet they have no defense, and are mostly slow. They suffer much of the same problems Gowen does at the moment, I believe--which is "if you let me hit you, you're going to be in for a world of hurt!". Except like the big beefy guys in fighting games who can do a crapton of damage if they hit you (AKA "Grapplers"--people like The Hulk and Haggar in Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Potemkin in Guilty Gear, Zangief in Street Fighter, and Tager in BlazBlue), they don't really get to hit you.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:25 pm

Ya new guardian is Lv 4.5 I think I forgot to count RNG.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Also, not a fan of the new guardian. Because if someone has some anti-DF tech, you're just completely and utterly hosed. Not to mention it doesn't really hit as hard, either, unless you buff him up, and I think guardian's counter will be stronger the vast majority of the time. So basically, that 40 damage oomph should theoretically encourage people to attack into him a little more.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:44 pm

It's true Set 12 have lots of loose DF counters. I find torte a bit awkward by design. Unless there will be some more units that buff DF everywhere she might not see play.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby yamyam » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:12 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:Grand Duke's Shock Trooper

If you don't multisphere...

You can use crest igniter.
Image Image
yamyam

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum