Crest Prebuilt suggestion

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Crest Prebuilt suggestion

Postby Icyglare » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:22 pm

I too have a Crest Prebuilt suggestion, here's how the card file should look like..... wait what happened to this thread? :?:
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Icyglare wrote:I too have a Crest Prebuilt suggestion, here's how the card file should look like..... wait what happened to this thread? :?:

Rom said "F you no more prebuilts because they lower revenue", which I interpreted as "our game nearly went under once and we've still learned nothing, so we're going to keep charging an arm and leg despite so many people saying the CpC is ridiculous".

Funny--clash of the dragons can give away tens of cards a day and people would still keep coming back for more. I don't get why Alteil can't realize that there's a whole internet of people who you can try to kindly get $10-$20 from, rather than try to rein in a few suckers, use the fallacy of sunk costs, and attempt to bait them for thousands.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:27 pm

Icyglare wrote:I too have a Crest Prebuilt suggestion, here's how the card file should look like..... wait what happened to this thread? :?:

rom said it won't happen so there is no real reason to discuss prebuilts
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:46 pm

DeeGee wrote:I don't get why Alteil can't realize that there's a whole internet of people who you can try to kindly get $10-$20 from, rather than try to rein in a few suckers, use the fallacy of sunk costs, and attempt to bait them for thousands.

+1
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby LoneKnight » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:59 pm

http://penny-arcade.com/report/editoria ... st-of-free

Especially the part where it talks about whales.
LoneKnight

Postby angelspawns » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Nothing changes because Logress feels nothing CAN change without a (catastrophic?) drop in revenue.
Call it backwards or a downward spiral, but this is the reality we live in; There's not enough 'free' to 'low' spending playerbase buying into cheaper options to gain sufficient revenue from. Big spenders gambling a playset together with Packs/Boxes/Lotto is appearantly needed atm.

So... to change anything we should focuss on suggesting other ways for Apocoplay to gain revenue.
Once other options start providing a sustainable income they can change the rediciouless pricing to fit the masses.

- "AuctionHouse" may become a good source for them.
- "Rent a card/file" idea. (like renting good Underdog Files with rare EX 'n sht)
- "ArtChange" idea. Allow people to change their Avatar or even the Art on (a list of specific) Cards. You pay Apocoplay for the option-> get a folder of already premade Art (think of seasonals) to switch with AND a Personal Art upload function. Ofcourse the uploads have to be approved first for copyright violation or nudity etc. Imagine you can move your own -approved- dragonart onto StarDragon to play with. Or change Kurina Art...
- "??" You get the idea.
angelspawns

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:47 pm

Here's a suggestion:
If they don't change, then why don're you change? Don't like it don't spend. They don't even tell you to.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby DeeGee » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:57 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:
DeeGee wrote:I don't get why Alteil can't realize that there's a whole internet of people who you can try to kindly get $10-$20 from, rather than try to rein in a few suckers, use the fallacy of sunk costs, and attempt to bait them for thousands.

+1

I never thought I'd see the day when someone felt I posted something sig-worthy in a positive way. Thank you.
DeeGee

Postby AngelicDeath » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:00 pm

yeah, true DG true.

i caught myself smiling at Icyglare's post as i am the first to get upset when a thread gets derailed and realized I was one of the main culprits in this one. Lone- nice link i enjoyed reading it and as 1 of those 'whales" it fit like a glove in some ways.

happy christmas all!

until tomorrow. :)
cheers,
AD
Nought's had, all's spent, Where our desire is got without content;'Tis safer to be that which we destroy Than by destruction dwell in doubtful joy.

Ne Obliviscaris
AngelicDeath

Postby poias » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:50 pm

I totally agree with DeeGee.
I'm a low spender. I only spent when they did the rarity up lotto + EX lotto because I thought the rates were good.
As a free player for a long time it gets very boring to be playing with always the same cards. And more importantly I only kept playing because of the 500G pre built otherwise I would never get a complete set of different cards to make a playable file.

What I'm saying is that Alteil should have cheap option (500G with ~85% recycle value) pre-built for free players, then medium price (1000G to 1200G with ~80% recycle value) for low to medium spenders. This would make people move upwards and start spending more without feeling ripped off.
The EX and 5* cards could still be hard to get with lottos and stuff with 35-40% recycle rates so they could be exclusive. This way high spenders would have the incentive to keep spending on those. Different products in store for different targets!

Besides this Alteil should focus really hard in:
1) Improving layout and gameplay. This game looks like its at least 10 years old. We are on web.2.0 and this game is not by any means social...
2) Correcting the disconnection error that makes you auto-loose! This is so annoying!! Most of the games give you a period to reconnect. Like it is today you are basically leaving all players that don’t have perfect stable internet connections. If we think that the game gives you almost 5min of standby to stall it is even ironic that if you reconnect in 3 seconds you will not be able to recover the game you were playing.
poias

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau