Set 12 Design

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Set 12 Design

Postby Callonia » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:41 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:It is totally new. The pixy is 1 card, the wiz soldier requires a ton of grim counts, greatsword requires a ton of falkow levels. This dude easily gets over 100 attack just for playing a tribal file and staying alive for a turn or two.

only thing I can see her giving trouble is to solar kingdom files -.- Anything else will just kill her easily.

And I still remember the first time I played Blessed Acolyte, Guess what happened? An combat monk showed up and oneshot it. Was when i was lvl 1 in crest arena. I can see duchy of crest preying on solar kingdom stuff, naturally I don't like it but whatever. I guessing only an camper will make bestest use out of her.

Then why not remove the drawback from Inspiration grimiore so that it's actually a good grimiore, its very horrible when you get shaded while using inspiration to pop out a lvl 4 on turn 2 :/
Callonia

Postby Icyglare » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:08 am

Ignia is a lv3 that gets ridiculous atk also and if it goes high enough, she can kill 2 things. The skill states that it subtracts from HP just for kicks.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:01 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:It is totally new. The pixy is 1 card, the wiz soldier requires a ton of grim counts, greatsword requires a ton of falkow levels. This dude easily gets over 100 attack just for playing a tribal file and staying alive for a turn or two.

Meh... fine.
Then please look at a certain LV 3 set 2 card skill (after buff of course).

"Set target engaged enemy unit within range to HP=0." for 1 SP
WAT?!
This dude easily kill 999 HP and 99 DF, just for 1 SP and staying alive at the end of turn.
Pretty similar no? :V

The card above is Cutter of The Cord if you already forgot.
Lawtia? Check
Lv 3? Check
Fail HP? Check
Fail AGI? Check
Fail RNG? Check
Both most important requirement to kill is to stay alive? Check
---
Replay:

Turn xx
Gon summon random Lv 7 or hell let's make it LV 9 "True Holy Emperor / Retear" to make it more scarier.
Call summon CoTC Lv 3.

Turn xx+1
Gon wait/summon whatever that didn't kill CotC or decrease CotC range.
Call summon Mermaid Sorceress.

"True Holy Emperor / Retear" got engaged, CotC use click action.
"True Holy Emperor / Retear" die.
gg
Last edited by CainHyde on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:11 am

She needs to be in a crest deck. Maybe you want some variety in your file, but can't have it since then her AT won't raise as much or maybe you want more grims in your file.

Even if you play shade > blitz girl > famile, it can still be disrupted with ease. Everyone has some 40 damage first SS these days.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Pikeru » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:23 am

Personally, I'd like to know the logic behind creating this new Eskatia. Why decide making a hyper upgraded version of Mad Priest? An entire level cheaper, the auto skill became start, making it impossible to counter short of openskills and she doesn't self-destruct, swapping out the Rest for Action. As someone baffled by Shade's continued existence, I'm confounded by the creation of more free sp drainers and especially a continuous one. In MTG, they could never create a 1 cost 1/1 creature that destroys 1 mana the way Shade does. Even the cheapest amongst the mechanic, Sinkhole for example, is still a spell and costs twice what it drains. There are countless cheap accelerates, Moxes and Birds and the like, but decelerates are always far more expensive for good reason, clearly it's twice if not thrice as powerful and frankly not an enjoyable deck for the opponent. My question is this: what in this game justifies a character that essentially destroys a mana every upkeep for free, when in other games the same cost would only grant a one-time use spell?
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:30 am

It also drains you if you aren't careful. Also chances are that with all the super fast stuff and damage/removals she won't be any good.
Tidal users will laugh since they will drain more if you don't keep them distracted with something else. If you get her to work she is great it's true. But she is fine as she is.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Pikeru » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:40 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:It also drains you if you aren't careful. Also chances are that with all the super fast stuff and damage/removals she won't be any good.
Tidal users will laugh since they will drain more if you don't keep them distracted with something else. If you get her to work she is great it's true. But she is fine as she is.

Aside from being completely exhausted from 2 days without sleep, an experienced player will never make the mistake of letting her so-called drawback occur. Open damage doesn't make her any more balanced. If that were true for any game, cards like Magician of Faith or Jace, Mind Sculpter would've never needed to have been banned.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby Ropey » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:41 am

Why as a 5 star card have you made Yuni so undesirable? In her Japanese incarnation she has 1 more agi and the quirky close skill that looks to give her a 50/50 chance of reviving. Would this have been to much? I think it would have aided the mercs and made them just about viable. Plus it would have made me and I suspect a lot of other Gowen fans spend a lot more. You really did shoot yourselves in the foot with that one. It would also have been nice to have made one of the level 3 mercs immune to return. Mercs are hamstrung atm by the fact that you need so many of them on the field for them to keep up with the other tribes.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:04 am

This has turned into another place for people to vent instead of asking questions, locked. Thanks for your input.
Romdeau

Previous

Return to Alteil General Discussion