True God Church (return QQ in disguise thread)

Strategies and Card File Construction

True God Church (return QQ in disguise thread)

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:26 am

So you can combo Priest of the Holy Weapon with High Priestess which is amazing, but what's the point of even considering it if returns and tidals autowin against it? :?

Are we supposed to forever stay away from level 3 and lower decks?
Last edited by Peralisc9001 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Re: True God Church

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:06 am

This is a return qq thread in disguise. Call it what it is Pera.
Romdeau

Re: True God Church (return QQ in disguise thread)

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:11 am

Edited. Still a valid discussion nonetheless.

What's the best way to make sure High Priestess will get her actionskill activated?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Romdeau » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:41 am

Best thread title ever. I give this thread my blessing and god speed to you Pera.
Romdeau

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:08 am

The way to do it is to force returns on your non-combo units early. Open with buncle limier mediator. Limier will force returns, and your level 1 sac units will trigger SSs such as PoM. Granted, if you're up against Dion control, you're screwed, but against just return grims with whacks, you should be fine.
DeeGee

Postby GonFreeces31 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:09 pm

It's such a pity we can't just all fight like gentlemen :( when will the devs show some common sense and just nerf return tidal cyclone?
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:21 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:It's such a pity we can't just all fight like gentlemen :( when will the devs show some common sense and just nerf return tidal cyclone?

Yeah cyclone too op. I play 2 lvl 2s. Opponent plays mof cyclone. Who has the advantage?
Icyman2

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:18 pm

Why are you playing 2 level 2s against a Falkow who's playing MoF?
DeeGee

Postby tropireno » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:29 pm

I, personally don't dare make a Refess deck without my boy Silverion. The closest "defense" Refess has against returns.
Find a way to make them waste all their returning shenanigans early against Silverion. Then send out the combo units afterwards. Pray that they don't keep their owl sage out in the process.
tropireno

Postby angelspawns » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:06 pm

Messala is actually quite powercreeping. I'm having a blast with her. The +10Def on her Start is actually overkill, but I wouldn't suggest a change on her unless some other Lvl2 TGCs are getting looked into.

You'll lose with her against decks with Multiple Returns n Tidals, or infinite returning like Mystere/Dion/Witch. Early game it's still to passive in setup to stop a heavy atk based rush... but i'm having good matchups aswell. A single Tidal and/or Return is "bearable" to overcome. Fields with only 1 heavy hitter is tankable through Gilensa. Lots of low damage is tankable for Gravan. Fast threats are in for Agirolls or even lose thanks to Messala+Gilensa.
Gravan and Emana already proved me how good a -10 Atk/Agi can be. If you're a smart player you can stall alot (and save alot of SP from reviving) by determing the order of agi and the damage amount.

I have a fun replay if you feel like watching Messala in action. It's vs. a Marduk/TR/Verlaat. Both setups are slow and boring so i advice you to skip to T12.
https://alteil-login.apocoplay.com/audi ... 09284890d0

1 thing is for sure: you shouldn't stall against TGC. You hit 'm fast and hard. Deprive Raste & Gilensa from that needed SP to build a field.
angelspawns

Next

Return to Annarose's Sanctum