Re: Set 12 Review thread

Postby Ropey » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 pm

Great stuff, can't wait for Gowen!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:27 pm

I am done with gowen and i must say i didn't look careful enough the first time. I just can't accept heierrat sniper as a valid card + too low on range, wth? What sniper is that?

Falkow will be on later i guess. Or tomorrow if i don't find any mood to write it up today.

Glad you liked it ropey.

Thank you yamyam for the suggestion. I overlooked that card.
But I still think you want ignition every turn when you revive your shock trooper to drop that LP down for good, also ignition doesn't cost you LP. Overall ignition might be more worth it even without the field presence.
Just rechecked. You need 100 AT on close for shock trooper! Thus ignition is more "secure" and the way to go for immediate effect. @_@
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Khiruki » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:00 pm

...Some of your ratings feel more arbitrary and biased than mine, and I sometimes take off 5 points for being ugly. I suppose you do provide a general overview of each card, which is good. Though I think you're being a tad harsh on the Sniper. Pinpoint is a free skill that shouldn't be underestimated. Also works with the Commander to generate free SP. While she doesn't have 5 RNG, she certainly isn't a 1/5 on the same level as Ant Swarm...
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:14 pm

As i said most cards in set 12 deserve 5/5 at this point in the game. Ratings in this review are meant to cover long term value of the card. Sniper is 2/5 at best imo. @_@

I'm afraid something that's outrageously explosive is better than a dull pinpointer.
Let's take magic scythe guy for example. He was great once upon a time, not anymore, in fact he is useless with all the other options around. Sniper started in a far worse environment. Bad luck for her.

What parts sound most biased to you?
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:26 pm

Gowen: new Yuni is just plain junk. I'm sorry, but let me get this straight--she's a level 3 with a rankup, and after rankup (which requires Gowen 6), she's just Mureria with another 10 attack? WHY IS SHE SO BAD?

New Dilate: him and Bringer, maybe? I still don't see in what file he would be specifically good. Some sort of gowen warriors? Except Gowen warriors suck, and 4 agility is rather average against files that like to rush you down (TJC is agi 5, buncles and SKs hit agi 6, dolls can regularly hit 5, and pack some nasty-ass effects at agi 4).

Roar of anger: worthless card. At what point will you be planning on dropping two units simultaneously? Even then, brave strike in a warriors file is just plain better.

Merc nation fencer: junk. Needs rankup to function, has subpar stats anyway, is random with her action skill, and gets bopped by 40 damage SSs. Is there anything redeeming about her?

Exploding wyvern: basically the reason to go Gowen this set. Like Sakura, its unit body is absolute junk. Yeah, tech units might be missing a stat point here or there, but if Refess is any indication, that's absolute nonsense (EXLap, buncle generals, Messala, list just goes on). No reason this guy shouldn't have had agility 5, and his action skill on close. What the heck do you do with his action skill anyway? Inferno of anger? All the burning cards completely and utterly suck >.<. Basically, as far as I see it, this guy replaces ball of flame in big red. With BKR/other mid gowens, you should be casting ball of flame as your units die off and LP becomes more of an issue than SP.

Ben Maclachlan: I really, really feel this guy is a joke. Basically, he reminds me of Refess's panoply of tanks, except will REALLY rock you if you're that dumb not to be able to kill a single level 5 that needs level 7 to rankup. But I suppose the idea is that if you have a field strong enough to reliably kill him, then you're just at that level to get rocked by Sakura, Allind, or Wyvern. If he were a level 4 with level 6 rankup with 20 less HP, he'd be very interesting. But apparently the testing team likes to have all the interesting units be so high level that they just get bowled over by entire fields of things, rather than work together.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:32 pm

@Demo
If i play mercenary nation for whatever reason it might be and i have 3 copies of yuni and maybe greg or something, should i play something else instead of this new yuni?
If yes how would you play it? What would you include?
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Merc nation? Depends if you're ranking up or not. It can be played without rankups (broadsword, EX Yuni, Delrare, EX Fierte, Feline Kin knight, Greg), as well as keeping gowen level down and using heierrat horseman to hit the rankups.

If you are going to be rankup dependent, I guess I'd go with revolver bladesman, Greg, Heierrat field commander, the new yuni maybe...not sure if EX Yuni will really help out rank-up mercs, but you can try her out.

That said, Delrare SS in merc nation can be nice.
DeeGee

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:00 pm

DeeGee wrote:Roar of anger: worthless card. At what point will you be planning on dropping two units simultaneously? Even then, brave strike in a warriors file is just plain better.

when you're about to trigger your revive ss?
Icyman2

Postby sunbunman » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Icyman2 wrote:
DeeGee wrote:Roar of anger: worthless card. At what point will you be planning on dropping two units simultaneously? Even then, brave strike in a warriors file is just plain better.

when you're about to trigger your revive ss?

Pixies/lvl 2 wk rush (the one with falkow pocky) + liz SS + roar of anger says hi
Falkow {Water | Fluidity = Elusion} ∈ Win
sunbunman

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:16 pm

When you trigger revive SS and and also the turn after if you got lucky and killed the last copies last turn and so on! It could be useful as a chain in some cases.

Anyways i am done with the falkow part and thus finished with the entire reviewing.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum