Crest/Gowen--incomplete and proposal to complete them

User suggestions to improve the game

Re: Crest/Gowen--incomplete and proposal to complete them

Postby Ropey » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:08 pm

If Ronin Girl had have in some way kept her skill it would have gone a little way to restore balance. I think how it stood was to much, but the flavor should have been kept and restricted somehow. She is still a good little unit that can come on late and do damage and hopefully avoid returns that have been spent by that time.

Ben Mac could also do with just 1 more agi in the present environment I don't think that's to much to ask.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Pikeru » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Icyman2 wrote:No other sphere can you find that. And lawtia with the send closed to cem.

Not quite, Alphonce assassinates closed units as well.
Ropey wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:
Ropey wrote:If you think mercs can compete in the arena you need a reality check. Even with yuni left alone their support network just falls to returns and powerful attacks that are as quick or quicker than them. You would need to field amazon as well just to force agi rolls!

I didn't say they are meta, but i do claim Yuni is good.

Rom has closed his thread cos the heat got to much for him, sorry Rom, but what did you expect?

That really disappointed me, I was looking forward to the answers to both your question and mine which unfortunately were posted after all the spam and so didn't receive their answers. He wasn't wrong in doing so, he could've just at least posted the answers before closing it.
DeeGee wrote:Death's embrace and Bitter Destiny are actually Lawtia's answer to returns--they both serve the same purpose--decrease the SP in circulation so that the field would remain on a low unit count in which free revivers and speedy hitters with cheap abilities would rule the day, rather than bigger units or tribal shenanigans.

You could easily argue that that Bitter Destiny is even stronger than Return cause it has no prejudice against level and can field wipe like Cyclone. The difference being it drains your opponent consistently twice or more what you're spending and depriving your opponent of their SS's, but only after killing it/them thrice. Return drains what you spend, but kills the unit thrice over so you don't have to. Essentially, they fulfill opposite roles with similar power.
Ropey wrote:If Ronin Girl had have in some way kept her skill it would have gone a little way to restore balance. I think how it stood was to much, but the flavor should have been kept and restricted somehow. She is still a good little unit that can come on late and do damage and hopefully avoid returns that have been spent by that time.

Ronin Girl would've been 1 more nail in this game's coffin. Her errata was handled beyond excellence.
The video BlackSun has never seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKUgX232Qwc
Pikeru

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Ropey wrote:If Ronin Girl had have in some way kept her skill it would have gone a little way to restore balance. I think how it stood was to much, but the flavor should have been kept and restricted somehow. She is still a good little unit that can come on late and do damage and hopefully avoid returns that have been spent by that time.

Ben Mac could also do with just 1 more agi in the present environment I don't think that's to much to ask.

Restriction would have been simple enough--Gowen sphere 4+. And no, it wouldn't have been one more nail in the game's coffin. That card was intended to be Gowen tech, possibly encouraging more use of Rasam as a unit. It was a blown opportunity because the testing team was too lazy to just put a sphere restriction on it.
DeeGee

Postby Peralisc9001 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:36 pm

Ropey wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:
Ropey wrote:If you think mercs can compete in the arena you need a reality check. Even with yuni left alone their support network just falls to returns and powerful attacks that are as quick or quicker than them. You would need to field amazon as well just to force agi rolls!

I didn't say they are meta, but i do claim Yuni is good.

Are you also going to tell me there isn't half a dozen gowen cards better than her that are not 5 star? Off top of my head Dandan? Volc Wyvern?

Yuni is mean't to be a 5 STAR CARD! Compare her to bringer and dilate then tell me which one you would choose? The testing team did a right stitch up on her. God only knows why? Rom has closed his thread cos the heat got to much for him, sorry Rom, but what did you expect?

Sure it was wrong to close the thread, i mean who cares about where the discussion went. Forum's supposed to be a bonus to any community ...

But i think we need to remember and keep in mind that we usually don't get even the benefit of asking questions! So i appreciate that alone very much! Thanks for actually changing something, rom, even if it's a minor change it still matters a lot.

Seriously look at how the community generally gets treated with silence alone. It's like on the blizz forums that aren't wow (and thus with monthly subscription :lol: ) or like on any free to play forum where people ask for some change (mostly not within price) but things like putting PvP Arena back up or such simple things (no idea why the PvP arena was down in an RPG i used to play, i seriously enjoyed PKing in that game @_@ elfing noobs!).
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:56 pm

I thought Gowen is the sphere for the best low level rush that kill enemy every turn before enemy can do anything or big that can kill all card with their open phase spam.
And pretty sure Refess need several card still exist in the field before they can get equal AT/AGI/HP with a single Gowen rush unit.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Previous

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau