True God Church (return QQ in disguise thread)

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: True God Church (return QQ in disguise thread)

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Messala, Dryad Soldier.

So...can we get one nerfed or the other buffed please, so the power level remains constant?
DeeGee

Postby angelspawns » Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:50 pm

That doesn't make sense. That's like comparing Miandela -2Agi open with Emana -5 start. Prenerf Jack -20HP with salamander -10, etc.

*edti* Read wrong. Still doesn't make much of a comparison though. Next thing up the list is making all revivers like Grebados? Or all Slashes like old Zagar, Lapierre or ExYuni? All Def buffs Like ExFierte?
Not saying Dryad Soldier can't use a buff, but hell that goes for so many things.
angelspawns

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:06 pm

angelspawns wrote:That doesn't make sense. That's like comparing Miandela -2Agi open with Emana -5 start. Prenerf Jack -20HP with salamander -10, etc.

*edti* Read wrong. Still doesn't make much of a comparison though. Next thing up the list is making all revivers like Grebados? Or all Slashes like old Zagar, Lapierre or ExYuni? All Def buffs Like ExFierte?
Not saying Dryad Soldier can't use a buff, but hell that goes for so many things.

Who says Grebados isn't completely off his rocker overpowered? The only reason he's allowed to remain that way is that orks on a whole sort of suck, and if there were more orks that could do something other than engage themselves and subtract their atk on auto, you can bet your **** he'd be nerfed.

Def buffs like EX Fierte: White Lily. SK2 revives for free and gives it not just to the front row, in case you somehow managed to get past her and whatever other SK was on the front line (SK6? SK1?) EXLap gives 10 df/10 atk, but once again, to every unit on the field at agi 2 or lower. In terms of DF buffs, EX Fierte isn't all that much to write home about, when you think about it.

Miandela vs. Emana: level 2 vs. level 3, though I agree, her open could stand to do more, and I don't think anyone will really complain, and if they do, they can shut up.

Jack vs. Salamander: you also forgot sun worshiper. Not sure if there are other cheap open damagers in this game, though it wouldn't surprise me if I missed something. And yes, I'd like Jack to get his start back, thanks for asking.

Problem is: dryad soldier is a level 3. Messala is a level 2. And they have IIRC identical stats (okay, dryad soldier has 1 more agi and 10 more atk, but wtf does that matter when they're support units? Messala has a start buff, dryad soldier an auto). Basically, Messala is a strictly better version of Dryad Soldier for a level lower, before you take his other abilities or tribal bonuses as both TGC and priest into account.

That is power creep in the purest terms. To which I say, let's stop power-creeping everyone and just scale things back. Make Messala's start an auto, for instance.

I think a lot of these new cards that come out are like "oh hey, there isn't a card that does X". Actually, yes there is--it's just so bad that nobody ever used it. So what happens to that other card? Does it stay in the trash bin?
DeeGee

Postby Refex » Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:57 pm

that TR/Marduk/Verlaat file just struck me as being unbelievably annoying.

2 auroras, true retear, and lavende???? wtf is that. I would punch my computer screen if I had to fight that
Refex

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:11 pm

Refex wrote:that TR/Marduk/Verlaat file just struck me as being unbelievably annoying.

2 auroras, true retear, and lavende???? wtf is that. I would punch my computer screen if I had to fight that

Not to mention plain old stupid. How was it supposed to win? Just grind you down? Snore.

WHERE WAS THE DIONDORA?
DeeGee

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:40 pm

DeeGee wrote:
Refex wrote:that TR/Marduk/Verlaat file just struck me as being unbelievably annoying.

Not to mention plain old stupid. How was it supposed to win? Just grind you down? Snore.

WHERE WAS THE DIONDORA?

I already fire arrow her knee.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby gadu » Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:46 pm

DG is right. So many cards are released that are just better versions of existing cards, it makes me wonder why they didn't just buff the original card in the first place.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby CainHyde » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:01 pm

gadu wrote:DG is right. So many cards are released that are just better versions of existing cards, it makes me wonder why they didn't just buff the original card in the first place.

Because it won't give as much $$ compared with giving better ability for new set?
Buff for card always seem more like after service for the customer IMO.
They won't do it, unless they think it was necessary.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Icyman2 » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:22 pm

b/c it's in a different sphere and different subtype? wtf is your problem? you want them to release another dryad soldier?
oh this card is stupid. you can't do anything. oh this card is powercreep. :roll: yeah i'd like powercreep a ton better than what happened in set 9.
Icyman2

Postby DeeGee » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:29 pm

Icyman2 wrote:b/c it's in a different sphere and different subtype? wtf is your problem? you want them to release another dryad soldier?
oh this card is stupid. you can't do anything. oh this card is powercreep. :roll: yeah i'd like powercreep a ton better than what happened in set 9.

I want a consistent power level. How's that for an answer? Not "oh hey, did you spend $150 on that last set? Oh hey, all these new cards make all those old cards obsolete now! GG!"
DeeGee

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum