Ropey's Fun Food Forum

Re: Ropey's Fun Food Forum

Postby asxlen64 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:32 am

well its the day after, that means, leftovers, creative ways to reuse what you ate for a few days.

Ropey wrote:
Peralisc9001 wrote:I often make my own bread, but have no clue how to make it "fluffy".

Do you use a bread maker?

i never like using them, they always turned out hard and tough, i make bread the old fashion way, making them nice and crunchy on the outside and light and fluffy in the middle, mmm
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Postby fargone » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:35 am

My bread maker gives those results - always perfect with a nice crust and soft interior.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:02 am

Well axelen you should add more water. If there's too much flower it gets really hard.

I make my the dough by hand, place it somewhere over night and bake it the next day.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby asxlen64 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:18 am

Peralisc9001 wrote:Well axelen you should add more water. If there's too much flower it gets really hard.

I make my the dough by hand, place it somewhere over night and bake it the next day.

yeah i dont think that was the problem, if it was, i dont care, cause i like making dough with my hands.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
asxlen64

Postby Ropey » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:21 am

Bread makers are good cos they prove the dough well. If you are making by hand try this. Put a tray of hot water in bottom of a very very low oven. This will replicate the stuff they use in the industry quite well, especially if your oven is fan assisted and even better has a defrost function., but it must be the right temp, check with a thermometer if you have one. Also oiling the dough at the last proving will give a great crust and proving twice may give you better results.

Hope this helps.

Thank you to all that have taken an interest in this thread. I'ts generated far more posts than I ever expected :D
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:27 am

Oven seems to be at 250 degree maximum (celsius i guess) and also it doesn't have a fan.

I will try a tray filled with water trick.

I attempted to spin the dough more often see if that achieves something, seems slightly more puffy.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
Peralisc9001

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Ropey wrote:Bread makers are good cos they prove the dough well. If you are making by hand try this. Put a tray of hot water in bottom of a very very low oven. This will replicate the stuff they use in the industry quite well, especially if your oven is fan assisted and even better has a defrost function., but it must be the right temp, check with a thermometer if you have one. Also oiling the dough at the last proving will give a great crust and proving twice may give you better results.

Hope this helps.

Thank you to all that have taken an interest in this thread. I'ts generated far more posts than I ever expected :D

Hey this actually did change a lot.

Thanks again.
~ Retired ~
Peralisc9001

Postby hexagram » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:00 pm

ropey give me a recipe prefrebly something cheap and easy to make.

E.g something with pasta

I will try to make it at one point if I like and give feedback

Also from UK here. Alteil is trully a global game but people tend to refer to it as usa alteil

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby asxlen64 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:58 pm

hexagram wrote:ropey give me a recipe prefrebly something cheap and easy to make.

E.g something with pasta

I will try to make it at one point if I like and give feedback

today i made these things

Pancakes
Pizza
Tacos
Sloppy joes
omelets
stuffed sandwichs
Chili

and i made everything from scratch

hexagram wrote:Also from UK here. Alteil is trully a global game but people tend to refer to it as usa alteil

this is the usa branch of alteil, originally and MOST IMPORTANT, its a japanese game and also to come is the revival of alteil.taiwan
asxlen64

Postby Ropey » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:56 am

So what I been up to in the kitchen of late? Well, I looked at icys idea for skittle booze and decided I could do better.
As it's summertime here in England I stocked up on some local berries.
I live in Norfolk which is sometimes referred to as the "Breadbasket of the country" That's because of the large amounts of wheat grown in the area and other produce.
My own family were market gardeners and my father is still a very accomplished and passionate man of the soil.

So, armed with cherries, raspberries, dried cranberries and strawberries I set to work.

You really must try just cutting some cherries in half, stoning them and then masurating in a Bourbon. I now have honeyed JD liqueur, but have yet to use it .
I also used vodka to do the same thing to the dried cranberries. I was not totally happy with this.
But I was in heaven when I made a simple compote from the strawberries stained it, then mixed it with vodka
I am going to try other spirits and other fruits, and will keep you updated if there is still interest in this thread.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

PreviousNext

Return to General Off Topic