Set 12 Review thread

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Set 12 Review thread

Postby Callonia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:41 am

I know how to use that sun god card. Pity I don't have even one copy of him xD WHY NOT JUST ONE COPY GOLD BOXES I CURSE YOU! Is all I need. lol. :(

And this was a fun read, thanks for making it.

About Mage Frontier Swordwoman.. If you make a file that you don't mind getting rid of the grims that you use in it you will basically have an really cheap lvl 5 early in the game. Saw one today and it scared me. I even made a mistake. lvl 5, 90 hp, 60 atk and 4 agi. But then my SS activated and killed her in one lucky shot. Could be a good early throwaway unit or be used to augment your frontline to save yourself 2 sp in summoning her and setting sphere to 5 xD
Last edited by Callonia on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:46 am

Callonia wrote:About Mage Frontier Swordwoman.. If you make a file that you don't mind getting rid of the grims that you use in it you will basically have an really cheap lvl 5 early in the game. Saw one today and it scared me. I even made a mistake. lvl 5, 90 hp, 60 atk and 4 agi. But then my SS activated and killed her in one lucky shot. Could be a good early throwaway unit or be used to augment your frontline to save yourself 2 sp in summoning her and setting sphere to 5 xD

That's exactly why i rate her so low!

You can destroy her so damn easy although it costed you a lot of file space to achieve and there is nothing really that will benefit from what she does. I mean there are plenty units that will be better with less file space.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:13 pm

Peralisc9001 wrote:
Callonia wrote:About Mage Frontier Swordwoman.. If you make a file that you don't mind getting rid of the grims that you use in it you will basically have an really cheap lvl 5 early in the game. Saw one today and it scared me. I even made a mistake. lvl 5, 90 hp, 60 atk and 4 agi. But then my SS activated and killed her in one lucky shot. Could be a good early throwaway unit or be used to augment your frontline to save yourself 2 sp in summoning her and setting sphere to 5 xD

That's exactly why i rate her so low!

You can destroy her so damn easy although it costed you a lot of file space to achieve and there is nothing really that will benefit from what she does. I mean there are plenty units that will be better with less file space.

I was thinking about making a unit intensive file and have her "discard" returns from the file for teh buffs xD

edit: just watched urgrant player ragequit to sorceror acolyte. lol Urgrant was also nice enough to spam cyclone on those two sorceror acolytes on field so he can use them all over again definitely superior to rain of sun grimiore. and that field also had a slyph, wisp, etc.. looks like low lvl units with good open skills > cyclone xD
Callonia

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Not only that callonia, but lumira has an open that 1 shots urgrant. The refess sakura for urg eh?
Icyman2

Postby DeeGee » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:52 pm

Icyman2 wrote:Not only that callonia, but lumira has an open that 1 shots urgrant. The refess sakura for urg eh?

If Lumira is one-shotting Urgrant, he's done his job already.
DeeGee

Postby CainHyde » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:07 pm

DeeGee wrote:
Icyman2 wrote:Not only that callonia, but lumira has an open that 1 shots urgrant. The refess sakura for urg eh?

If Lumira is one-shotting Urgrant, he's done his job already.

^This
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby smallfish » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:37 pm

Agree with most of them. But i want to test them but i don' t have the PT to exchange, my testing file needs me to consume a lot of PT.

Moonlight Princess / Eskatia
As you say, combo with free sphere generating unit, and i also want to say, good for unit that don't use SP for skill. How about free izcer unit?...

War Torn Dragonrider / Millia
She is somehow a potential, 1sp 50dmg if allowed to act 'field wrapping' unit. Quite good in Destroying all WK field...

Frenzy
It is a super situation grim, you need two high AT enemy unit on the field (which is already a bad position for u), and both of them better kill each other.... and have no effect on you (close, counter...whatever). The best scene i can think of is, targeting Belus and Urgrant...

One True God / Unknown
Very crapped card even in EM. 5sp Merciless Death...well, if you have 5 SP and this guy is here, u should already win the game through other card, except u faced some combo like Legendary Heroine or holy-shield death dragon... (Which refess already have Hand of the gods to solve the problem). Good against gowen as they have difficulty in pinpoint attacking unit or stopped their action.

Holy Commander / Lapierre
This is Justice No. 4-6....... and it solves one of the big problem of that file, lack of RNG. And also self returning-proof. Right now, she also solve the problem of mage-knight cannot be attacked skill.... I rate her at least 4/5.

Cardinal / Messala
This one is sick. From the wording, he seems able to make sp without having a TGC unit in your file? Has anyone tested this?

Miraculous Victory
As its name, if you can use it to win the game, you get a miraculous victory of LUCK or timing.

Mercenary Princess / Yuni
Basically, a weaker version Jack but at Lv 3... but need gowen 6 for rank up to comparable to Jack and lack the -MHP skill... well, as a 5-star, it is disappointing.
Totally can be replaced by Jack, and Jack is more consistent and sphere generating, also returning-proof.

Wizard Princess / Ariete
She is Cath. 2.0 which can dodge shade and ensure lv 3 at turn 2 (except stronghold which punish Cath even more), at the cost of dropping 2 grim which should be able to get back by SS or her skill.

Start Skill Combo with all agi-related unit, from rapier fencer, to the new Ibert. She is also secretly combo with the spear master...with all of her skills...

Paladin Captain / Mirelia
Personal bias. I rank her 6/5 XD
Usable in all Falkow file in my opinion as a lv 3.
She seems to be the first multi atk lv 3 unit for falkow except the self-bomb battle mage...or the 20 dmg cap mages.......
40HP and DF 10, Lv 3. So, she can be view at 50HP tank...
1SP, 30dmg pinpoint.
1SP, slash?...
If you are using a flying spell on her, or let her wield a sword of glory in a grim count file (which means the old mirelia is also there)... some crazy things may happens...
Right now i figure out 2 mages also works very well with her....

Regus Combat Sorcerer
Lv 3 EX: Wizard Archer of Regus which have more HP and buff RNG. Comment ends...
Last edited by smallfish on Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smallfish

Postby gadu » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:49 pm

Thanks for the review Smallfish.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:04 pm

I like frenzy because it can also finish off wounded units or kill one and wound another.

Also I find combat sorc better because of that pinpoint actionskill.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:22 pm

Nah, she's conditional dependant on opponent having plenty of lawtia spheres up. I more of use her to kill those early hellsmokes with wandering bard open. Lumira+ wandering bard = hellsmoke lose one copy fast.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum