Mermaid Harpist

The forum for video captured battles

Re: Mermaid Harpist

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:41 pm

LOL, well gratz anyways to whoever the testers were that made it possible!

Me and many others wouldn't be able to fek up that much even if we tried to. :roll:
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby shynnb » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:07 am

LoneKnight wrote:A field that does not expand. You'll have a field of 3 merms 5 turns from now while your opponent could play 3 more units and get a fuckload of SP back from letting units die. You can't even play returns. Which BTW **** this setup somewhat hard. So does bitter destiny. And I honestly expect refess/gowen decks to just roll all over a field of 3 mermaids, especially with so much time to set up.

It's strong for sure (possibly a bit too economical, probably a -1 reff sphere cost would be justified) but it's not impossible to beat. It is most likely better used sprinkled after a fieldwipe when you do not want to waste SP on reviving 3-4 units or are ow on LP than having it looped.

he said it very well a couple weakness of the harpist file (h-file). another thing about h-file is that those mermaids's damage are not spectacular to begin with, thus allowing opponent's field to easily grow. to fix that i tried putting in 3x bkr ss with my experimental h-file the other time, which work decently well but have some problems when it comes to some rush files like a good shrine knight opponent (all agi 4-6 or above, field wipe then iczer attack to LP 0 and emana only slows down one unit) also, falkrow files with very well timed returns and whirlwind (save the returns for after harpist spam come in) can break down the momentum of h-file. one downside of h-file is like how loneknight said, its hard to grow the number of mermaids on the field after harpist spam come in, so if the opponent manage to grow his field to the point of being "untouchable" the game would normally drag to 20+ turns, quite possibly a draw, which is a pain

and then i saw johnjo putting in mystere in h-file, which theoretically, could be rather broken. 2 sp returns on any unit, and doesn't even need to waste a precious turn (every turn is important for h-file) to play a return. and if he has owl sage on the field for a couple of turns sp won't be a problem either. and then he can set up his mermaids in considerable peace, before harpist finally come in

with everything said, its not impossible (or even overly hard) to bring down most h-files, but because the outcome of a h-file game is very "pre-deterministic", and hence not fun for some, i have to say that a nerf to harpist is pointless, just remake the card entirely as the present harpist is really quite a bad idea.
shynnb

Postby CainHyde » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:26 am

Sorry, I just see this topic.
Can anyone tell me how old Harpist look like?
Or even better a replay, so I can become all jelly because I take break during set 11 release until the gamepot closed.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Khiruki » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:32 am

The old Mermaid Harpist didn't Decrease refess sphere by 1. She cost 2 SP to play and could endlessly recycle herself every turn for infinite revivals.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby CainHyde » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:37 am

She still only revive all mermaid?
She has same start and stat?
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

Postby Khiruki » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:40 am

Basically, yes. She just cost 1 less SP for open skill.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby CainHyde » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:52 am

I see...
Goscar and everyone else comment make it looks like even worse than OPlate. .___.

I do admit Mermaid endless loop might give same effect as Dio returning your unit each turn and didn't trigger any SS until turn 30.
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

Postby Khiruki » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:57 am

CainHyde wrote:I see...
Goscar and everyone else comment make it looks like even worse than OPlate. .___.

I do admit Mermaid endless loop might give same effect as Dio returning your unit each turn and didn't trigger any SS until turn 30.

The main problem was that it made Emana immortal. Every turn, you had to kill an Emana along with her entourage. If your field had too much AT, Emana would slowly whittle you down. If your field didn't have enough AT, you couldn't break through the wall of Sea Cows.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby CainHyde » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:20 am

Oops... okay, now I can imagine the frustration.
Thanks...

To be honest, I seriously forget for a moment that Emana is a Mermaid too.
Cause she is the only mermaid that I never saw used in Mermaid file.
There is no stopping it.
CainHyde

Previous

Return to Extension's Video Library