The article that defines the meaning of the word Scrub

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: The article that defines the meaning of the word Scrub

Postby Muklas » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:50 pm

No. A scrub is someone who imposes his own rules upon the game and expects other people to follow them. Nothing more.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby skillll7 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Ropey wrote:When I beat a player that was in contention for the world championship, I did it with a file that ended with Dical. I mean who the hell uses that card?

I have, in Set 9 or 10 I believe. Dical was quite the popular choice in the past. Nehless uses Dical to end his Spyclone file. He is pretty rare though, and compounded by the fact that so few people want that set, less people end up abusing Lv 6 Dical's powers. EX Dical... meh.

On the topic of scrubs... I wonder what DG is thinking that he'd believe that article would be highly acclaimed by Alteil forum regulars.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby worthing » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:20 pm

In more important news we should discuss the genious of this man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oawUi9s3ENE
worthing

Postby Icyman2 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:21 pm

i lol'd so hard
Icyman2

Postby Ropey » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:26 pm

skillll7 wrote:
Ropey wrote:When I beat a player that was in contention for the world championship, I did it with a file that ended with Dical. I mean who the hell uses that card?

I have, in Set 9 or 10 I believe. Dical was quite the popular choice in the past. Nehless uses Dical to end his Spyclone file. He is pretty rare though, and compounded by the fact that so few people want that set, less people end up abusing Lv 6 Dical's powers.

It wasn't Dical that really won the game. I figured out that to beat the meta at the time I had to play cards that removed my opponents on close. Playing cards like Lelein and Shvara it didn't make sense to risk triggering SSs so Dical was perfect as an end game. I got sick of the file in the end, but still use the Annarose/undead opening to try out other cards with, and it always works reasonably well.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby fargone » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:36 pm

When I was young, a scrub, short for scrubber was easily defined as:

Typically a woman, without morals or ethics, tending to dive face-first into any male's crotch without a second thought. Ugly, loud, sometimes mannish in appearance, receives government paychecks to buy smokes and grog, which are the scrubber's main food source.
(taken from the Urban Dictionary)

Nowadays, with the world wide web, the younger generations has redefined this insult to mean someone who imposes their own rules in a game system where those rules don't actually exist.

Now, those definitions are very different but I have noticed one thing about both that has remained the same:

If you feel the need to use the word to describe others, you are being a self-righteous **** hole.

Your mother raised you better than that.

Have a nice day.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Ropey » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:50 pm

I don't understand why people keep using SF as an example. They must never have played with a bunch of friends in the same room.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby ZeroX1999 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:08 pm

Ropey wrote:I don't understand why people keep using SF as an example. They must never have played with a bunch of friends in the same room.

It is actually quite surprising how many people wait for it. I have 7 of my friends take over loser and be orderly about it. But while the other 2 are playing everyone usually just do something else.
ZeroX1999

Postby DeeGee » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Ropey wrote:I don't understand why people keep using SF as an example. They must never have played with a bunch of friends in the same room.

Because Sirlin actually redesigned SF2 to make it easier to pick up.
DeeGee

Postby Ropey » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Lets face it you can win on most fighters by hammering the buttons randomly. One of my friends who is not a big gamer does this and wins a surprising amount of the time, but it's funny and I love to involve him. My friends who use the tactics outlined to help define Scrub, well I just roll my eyes and tut.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion