Open and ongoing request for theory-crafted files

Strategies and Card File Construction

Re: Open and ongoing request for theory-crafted files

Postby Arakis » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:37 pm

It's true, I'm a sucker for the old Miffy SS. It almost doesn't matter that files that use it auto-lose to anything that can zero out SP. I've always enjoyed Mizalio's SS too. I think there are a lot of fun tricks in set 4 that often go underused. I guess my ultimate file would function something like a Rube Goldberg machine. One action would set off a nutty chain reaction that might go on for some time. Does anyone remember those old Coatl Tennis videos? Naturally that scenario isn't going to get set up in a normal game, but it'd be cool if there was a card combo that could do something similar. If it was crazy enough, I don't think I'd even care if it won matches. It'd just be fun to watch it go off. Auto, counter, and close skills are probably key.

Here's an idea. How about a file centering on cards whose specialty is to lower the opponent's LP by ways other than killing cards or regular iczer attacks? Like original Dical, Mizalio SS, Shock Trooper, etc. It sounds like it would end up being heavily Lawtia, but maybe with a little Gowen too.

I've got a lot of testing to ahead of me, with all these ideas so far. Thanks!
Arakis

Postby DeeGee » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:39 pm

new dical also has a -LP ability
DeeGee

Postby Callonia » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:00 pm

Me using old miffy ss.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=11723

Bestest duel to watch out of three is probably the solar kingdom vs urgrant one. Because Urgrant is op.
Callonia

Postby harvest4god » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:14 pm

Here you go Ark.

Grimless Grimcount

SS: Ice Sorceress, Ice Sorceress, Elite Mage Knight of Regus, EX: God Hand / Diosaur, EX: God Hand / Diosaur

File:
3x Lady Paladin / Mirelia
3x Haste Soldier
2x Owl Sage
3x Black Cat / Fellana
3x Princess of Regus / Bernet
3x Wizard Soldier of Regus
3x EX Wizard Soldier of Regus
2x Refugee Flying Apprenctice
3x Ocean King / Vondora

The open for the file is EX Wiz, owl sage, then based on what your playing either haste soldier or fellana to get rid of their grims. Next card out should be Bernet folowed by rfa to build some grim counts, this should give you lots of units out to take damage while building the grims up for the 3 main damage dealers. Revive everything until is done or if you want to leat it die don't recast as LP is limited.

Assassins

SS:Magic Doll -Healer-, Flash Pixy / Chamail, Knight of the 2nd Shrine, Anchor, Anchor

File:

3x Killing Machine / LeBeau
3x Night Assassin / Marchare
3x Crest Spy
3x Death Calling
3x Black Assassin / Mulna
3x EX: Cursed Armor Knight
2x Spirit Witch
2x Shade
1x Bitter Destiny
1x Prayer for Safety
1x Miracle Fruit

The file opens, Shade, EX Knight,(if playing falkow, next card should be miracle fruit otherwise, you can shade again, followed by spy, if they kill the 2nd shade, you could get an early field wipe then spy iczer, then start throwing assassins out like know mans business. Use the spirit witch to give you more knights as needed since with first ss he should be able to tank for a while. PfS is for marchare if needed for extra attacks. The longer the delay on killing the 2nd shade the better as you get more units on the field for massive iczers.

Mid Falkow:
SS: Carrier [Lost One], Boy Combat Priest, Solar Prince / Verlaat, Solar Prince / Verlaat, Witch Queen / Catherina

File:
3x Mage Paladin / Distrier
3x Regus Paladin / Ibert
3x Guard Leader / Renally
3x Regus Combat Sorcerer
3x Brave Hero / Dilate
3x Dragon Summoner / Ruuca
3x EX: Wizard Archer of Regus
2x Meaning of Failure
1x Witch Queen / Catherina
1x Mermaid Observer

The open is 2 to falkow 1 to gowen, cath, followed by moxy, double mof, then based on what rival has played, you can play distrier or renally, once first ss goes off you can play dialte as well, save rucca for end game. The goal is to get distrier, renally, dilate in the front row with ibert, ex arch, and sorc in the back buffing and attack. The only grims are the sp ones as I want to promote returnless falkow and I put dilate in there cause I always wanted to build a file that used the 2nd part of his healing skill.
harvest4god

Postby hexagram » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:31 am

nice files harvest .

I like the grimless grim count- bernet really helps. Consider adding lvl1 grim 2 grim activations?

Also instead of miracle fruit consider adding other lvl up grim which only targets 1 unit but returns 1sp. forgot name. Set 10 card I think -relatively new anyway

'Don't worry be happy' Bob Marley
Too much negatively be happy and :)

Also new guys Worthings starter replays Remember use starter switcher at lvl10 to get all 4 starters

free player till level 190. If I can do it so can you.
hexagram

Postby harvest4god » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:16 pm

hexagram wrote:nice files harvest .

I like the grimless grim count- bernet really helps. Consider adding lvl1 grim 2 grim activations?

Also instead of miracle fruit consider adding other lvl up grim which only targets 1 unit but returns 1sp. forgot name. Set 10 card I think -relatively new anyway

Grimless grimcount is a unique file, ark's favorite type. ;)
harvest4god

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:18 am

Of course the only problem with grimless grimcount is that the first 5 cards you put out have almost zero killing potential... And then you hope that 3 units can solo the other persons entire file.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby CainHyde » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:51 am

GonFreeces31 wrote:Of course the only problem with grimless grimcount is that the first 5 cards you put out have almost zero killing potential... And then you hope that 3 units can solo the other persons entire file.

At least try it and post why you think it fail, before complaining.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Romdeau » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:28 am

Yeah Gon has a tendency to talk a lot these days, but very little walking the talk.
Romdeau

Postby Muklas » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:31 am

And most of you ain't any better.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

PreviousNext

Return to Annarose's Sanctum