XBOX 360 Games Reviews

Video Games

XBOX 360 Games Reviews

Postby Ropey » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:50 pm

I have a wealth of knowledge about this subject and would love to share. Rather than reviewing a whole list of games I will be happy to do this by request.

I've just finished the latest Far Cry and am now playing a whole host of games'.

Please post and let me know what you are playing. Or any opinions you may have on the subject would be welcome.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Re: XBOX 360 Games Reviews

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:26 pm

Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive, have you played the newest ones?
Callonia

Postby Ropey » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:09 pm

I've only just got Soul Caliber V and compared to the last game it's a mixed bag. While I welcome the simplified fighting, making it more akin to SF. It loses a lot of the old modes and options. For instance, while you can still create your own characters and there is more stuff to play around with the changes you make are only cosmetic. With the old game a hat could give you those extra skill pts needed to crack the tower and dungeon modes. Both of which have sadly gone. Now all you really have is a very large story mode that unlocks stuff. You only get to play through it with the characters the game picks for you.

So in summery I would say that if you found the control system of the previous game to much then you could give this one a look, as it's a lot easier to pull off special moves. But you will miss the variety and choice the old one offered. If I had to choose? I would pick the old one any day and suffer the hard to master techniques, but enjoy the extra freedom and choice of the added modes.

Sorry, never played DOA and don't intend to. I hope some of our other contributors will help out

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Callonia » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:54 pm

Soul Calibur V got rushed by publisher, developer didn't have time to make it. Basically put, Publisher just woke one morning and told the developer hey, you have 8 months to make soul calibur V. chop chop.

End result is a rushed game :/ But is good game considered how rushed it was xD

Dead or alive, u need to play it. Is awesome. Tina and hitomi my favorites. And there's a ninja that can run around shooting attack helicopters down with ki blasts making the owners of said helicopters which costs millions to build rather severely butthurt.
Callonia

Postby CainHyde » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:24 am

I prefer old Soul Calibur that have Amy. :(
Btw... no Xbox, and the only Xbox game that I ever play is Bayonetta.
Looks cool but I'm not really good with the game.

DOA 5 Hitomi look a bit weird IMO, prefer old face.

Ninja? Kasumi, Ayane, or one of the other male ninja?
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:56 am

CainHyde wrote:I prefer old Soul Calibur that have Amy. :(
Btw... no Xbox, and the only Xbox game that I ever play is Bayonetta.
Looks cool but I'm not really good with the game.

DOA 5 Hitomi look a bit weird IMO, prefer old face.

Ninja? Kasumi, Ayane, or one of the other male ninja?

Hayabusa was the name if I remember correctly, I just figured out that he's a leader of the ninja clan lol. uh Maybe I should stop telling plot points in doa 5 xD Story mode is extremely fun compared to first four modes which you just beat up a bunch of people and then beat up a random powerful boss. And it actually told an story in doa 5. lol
Callonia

Postby CainHyde » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:08 am

Callonia wrote:And it actually told an story in doa 5. lol

Okay... that's a news to me and a good one.
No Xbox though sadly...
I'm still saving money to pay my **** greedy Uni.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby InfernityFan » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:11 am

Have you played Record of Agarest War series? I've been interested on it for a long time since they have VN elements in it but sadly, no XBOX 360...
My VN Blog
Currently Playing : Harukuru, welcome to the Kyaya Ufufu land, hehehe...
InfernityFan

Postby Ropey » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:36 pm

Agarest seems to have slipped under my radar. Shame as I'm a big fan of Turn Based stuff, but hate Final Fantasy these days. Reviews that I quickly scanned give it a fair score, but warn that it is repetitive. I presume that it is import only and I may have a tough time seeking it out. I will check ebay and if I can get it cheap will give it a bash. It is billed as being very sexy which should be a laugh.

As for DOA. I'm not a huge fan of fighters cos I'm not online and don't have friends round like I used to, but I don't mind them if they have good single player modes and would consider it cheap.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:03 pm

InfernityFan wrote:Have you played Record of Agarest War series? I've been interested on it for a long time since they have VN elements in it but sadly, no XBOX 360...

Its good but battles is really annoying very grindy type of style. Although I heard Agarest war 2 fixed that problem but haven't tried it out yet, stupid classes.
Callonia

Return to Catherina's Play Room