Buffs Gone Wild

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Buffs Gone Wild

Postby Ropey » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:32 am

All the things you say about mercs maybe true, and on paper they look great, but just try playin em!
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Aoi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:18 am

I also have to disagree when comparing Miff to Commander, yes they both have the capability of preforming the same roles, however Commander actually needs other units actually being able to preform their action skills, and they specifically have to be Mercenary Nation. There is a lot more set up involved, as well as commander shares the weakness that every lv 3 card has to return, pure terror, and all those other skills that specifically 3 and lower. Miff can be plopped on the field and you get results immediately and can be merged with plenty other cards besides its own tribal.

Edit: I almost forgot Commander has to have her rank up to be able to do any of that. Yes that is really important.
ImageImage
Aoi

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:48 am

Romdeau wrote:Sorry, we like things to happen. If you want to build an impenetrable wall of rofl it's just not gonna happen. We have and are going to continue to give players more options to bypass giant walls-because nobody likes to feel powerless to get around a tank.

Removals are also giant walls that are nearly impossible to bypass.
If you can't use your units because they are either not there or because they got removed it's like facing bloody huge impenetrable walls. Returns vs low Lv stuff is impenetrable defence.

If you got slow stuff vs quick hitters then once again you face an impenetrable defence since everything you have is blocked by getting closed.

In both cases it's decided right there.

Any major imbalances are impenetrable walls.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Maybe that's just the way the game is moving right now. Hitting your opponent quickly with mid to high damage is meta? Meaning Falkow will have it's days in the sun. Using high Hp or Def or both, don't make a lot of sense atm. You have to move with the way the Devs are taking the game . You could be stubborn like me, but in the end you just get frustrated. Song for a hero is meant to be a counter to all these heavy hitters, but in practice in just don,t work that well unless you spam it.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby gadu » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:52 pm

What would Big Red or the non-Urgrant version of Big Lawt do without their dragon emperors?

Those files would be dead in the water in the current environment for the simple reason I mentioned in my opening post; don't expect to live more than one turn. If you can't kill like crazy as soon as the unit comes out, then your going to be dead yourself.

Zu & Allind can both destroy the whole field before they die, thus Big Lawt and Big Red are relatively healthy. Big Blue and Big Refess... I wouldn't say they are as healthy.

Yesterday I fought Allind & the new Random Dragon file with one of my files that was built like this:

gadu wrote:I would show the new player that I have 5 files that have 90% or higher win percentage after at least 20 matches and the characteristics they all have in common is that they have units that can kill in one hit and they have removals. .

The opponent had 14 LP. I'd say the match lasted at least 15 turns. In those 15+ turns Allind and the Random DMG Dragon never lived long enough to even act once. I usually one-shot and occasionally two-shot Allind or the other dragon every time. I used a removal on Allind (-9 SP) and Bitter Destiny on the other L7 dragon (-4 net SP). The only time my opponent ever did any damage to me in those 15+ turns with 14 LP was on open. GG.

If that Big Red file didn't have Allind or Random DMG Dragon, what will that player do? QQ and the file will never be played because it's incapable of withstanding all the units that kill in one hit.

So why am I trying like a moron to use cards like Scarrion? Being L7, he's usually on the field with one other unit at most. At least one copy of that other unit will be dead before Scar joins him on the field. Scar has 110 HP, but all that means in the current state of the game is that if he is not dead in one hit, then he is definitely dead in two.

While I'm talking about Scar, let me suggest that designers change the name of his skill to "Roar of Low RP." This way, new players won't be tricked into using his skill and losing the match.

I'll ask again, what would Big Lawt do if Zu (and to an extent Ellie) couldn't massacre the whole field before death? QQ and the file will never be played.

That's not GG. It's a badly designed game.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Ropey » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:19 pm

Zu is fine as skill is on close and you have a few options to up his damage. Allind without song for a hero not so good. Plus the damage he does on open is not so effective as it used to be. Depending on what tribe he's up against granted, but more and more cards have 55hp. You would have to follow with a fire ball, but after using 9sp to get him on? I just don't tend to use him as he is not the force he was. Which is a sad really :(

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:29 pm

Follow with explosive wyvern? Opponent hits resource ss first? Yep.

How is black storm any worse than allind fart? Damage potential goes way higher.
Big refess burning sun and resource? Yep.
I think you need to read your post and think about the game before you post.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:34 pm

Allind still has upper hand over many decks.

Allind + allind aura + explosive wyvern rule above many.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Ropey » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:15 pm

Play Allind if you want, but he aint in my big red, and last time I went up against another big red using him I won.

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:33 pm

Honestly gadu I've found after 3 zu bombs most files don't have too many cards left and if you drop scarrion at that point you should have a ton of sp left and they should be low on cards. I've don't it before and I've seen taiwan guys do it and verse most rush files its devastating.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion