Buffs Gone Wild

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Buffs Gone Wild

Postby Callonia » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:36 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:Honestly gadu I've found after 3 zu bombs most files don't have too many cards left and if you drop scarrion at that point you should have a ton of sp left and they should be low on cards. I've don't it before and I've seen taiwan guys do it and verse most rush files its devastating.

Those kind of files tend to get butthurt if you run cem retrieval and you beat them down after they bomb u. But dunno about scarrion, they bane cem oh well.
Callonia

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:18 pm

That explains why all top 5 rp players run scarrion as an unit in their deck.
Nerf pls!
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby GonFreeces31 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:37 pm

2 copes of him can relatively easily get rid of 6 cards. If you don't like trading 2 for 6 then don't use him. No need to troll.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:43 pm

you know i've tried him mutiple times but i always put him out before zu. i'll try the opposite and see what happens. but usually after zu, you can just use joachim and ellie to finish the rest of the file, no need for scarrion.
Icyman2

Postby fargone » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:29 pm

This:

Romdeau wrote:Sorry, we like things to happen. If you want to build an impenetrable wall of rofl it's just not gonna happen. We have and are going to continue to give players more options to bypass giant walls-because nobody likes to feel powerless to get around a tank.

When combined with this:

GonFreeces31 wrote:I'm not sure it's really healthy for the game if Guardian is getting 1-shot. That creates a whole number of problems. One of the reasons I really dislike that new crest unit that easily gets 100 attack. Rom I'm not sure that's a view you really want to be endorsing...

Tells me that logress is still caught up in ensuring only 3 of the 4 spheres function as they should. Having options is nice, creating a bunch of units that can one shot tanks is not creating options, it is removing them.

I would hate to cause any confusion so I will say it as plainly as possible:

Get a **** clue, you idiot.

Yes, I am agreeing with gon again. In this instance he is right. But you know.... you guys just keep doing what you have always done and pretend you are making a difference, making it better. Just don't be surprised when you get the same outcome.

This game is taking a short-cut to failure land, the learning curve over the past 3 years is straight and parallel to the bottom of the page.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby gadu » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:44 pm

Gon,

I'm not sure if you zoned out on my last post or what, but what I was saying was imagine there was no Zu, then what exactly would Big Lawt do? My overall win percentage went from 63% to 53% to get a reliable answer to that question.

Obviously three Zu bombs goes along with the bolded part I wrote about that the most successful files in Alteil are the ones that can one shot the most amount of units with the least amount of effort. Zu is the main reason the file can even function.

With confirmation from Rom that SUPER SLAYERS everywhere are the direction they want to go, I worry Fargon's premonition might be true.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyman2 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:49 am

SSJ gone wild
-inserts p0rn link
Icyman2

Postby Kemious » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:25 pm

Having units with the capability of one shotting guardian in all honesty isn't that unusual, the question rather should be what kinda units do you have supporting your guardian? I've been noticing that alot of Refess players really aren't playing with support units outside of your off supporters. This is the mentality of once again Playing Refess like gowen. Anyone playing Refess should have Safaria and yet I never see her in play anymore, cards like Ex Priestess , Aliria, Messaria, Pegasus (Though its fallen off quite a bit) Cards that exist not as killers but very much to ensure the survival of your other units.

But instead these units are getting ignored simply because I need more killers Players playing Refess as Gowen. As for the Mid Refess nerf lets look at the nerfs and dissect them. Verlaat was with one shotting everything he was the equivalent of Bringer only the added capabilities of healing everyone as an addition. So we tweaked the numbers a bit making him more reliant on you having a field which your suppose to considering your playing refess and reduced the heal a little bit to migrate the power of the skill. Miffy heal was reduced simply because if you end up playing Miffy you more than likely are going to have Verlaat as well, in addition your still gaining 10 atk with a field wide heal. Now if by some chance you think that your file lacks in survivability because of this you quite a few options going for you.

I mean you could still very well Pack Safaria to assist with healing capabilities, Aliria as a reviver, Combat Priest girl as an additional healer finisher of Veelart's action, etc etc. all of those units could have replaced, Etoile /Lumira who really didn't serve much a purpose in that kinda file other than as an additional attacker.
His blood is of iron and his heart of glass
He survived through countless battles
Not even once retreating
Not even once being victorious
The bearer lies here alone
Thus, my life needs no meaning
This body is made out infinite swords
Kemious

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:40 pm

zu is fine
crest blitz girl is fine
recent nerfs on verlaat and chick are alright
miffy needed a nerf anyway
etoilete is better than safira, but that's normal since etoilete is a level 3
pegasus is good for multisphere, not for a refess mono deck
i've seen aliria and combat priest both seeing play ... so?

Many things don't see play simply because there are like 4-5 duels at most going on at any time. Can't expect much variety out of that low population.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:10 pm

When facing falkow abusers that can oneshot my tanks while spamming returns on my supporters, one have no choice but to play refess like gowen.

In fact, you are part of this annoying problem kemious. I'm still annoyed at you for that shvara/bright sun thingie.

Then you used song of a hero on zagar then I was like well I have a empty field now and saw it was turn 11 so i didn't care and pressed give up.

I wanted an interesting duel and I got disappointed by removals. And your comment didn't surprise me. Spamming removals because my field was too hard for you to fight.

If i overextend myself in fielding supporters I leave myself vulnerable to field wipes.Deal wit it. lvl 4 units costs 4 sp, which is 2 turn worth of sp, deal with it.

I only can field supporters if tanks don't get oneshot. If they get oneshot, well, that pushes back the fielding of the supporters one further turn and if you don't liek this, well, why is oneshotters in abundance.

If "tanks" don't get oneshot, it frees them up to field supporters.

If tanks gets oneshot, it forces refess players to try manuver around the cheaters and somehow pump tons of lvl 4s in a row then that way, supporters can hit the field and force the enemy to expend their open phases on killing supporters instead of tanks. Its not like I can put Folrart guardian, aivault, heavy guardian, judie, aliria, and her friend on field in one turn. Aivault is support so he only can be on field after either guardians can hit the field successfully and not be oneshot too heavily. Aliria can protect Guardian if there's not enough fast enemy units to oneshot both guardian and aliria. And enemy doesn't have tidalwave.

How about putting money where the mouth is by showing us replays of you smashing people with replays. Then we can dissect it and stuff. Bonus points if you beat up a uber return player while using rank and file troops.

And I have been watching my folrart Guardian be oneshot for like since set 6 when defs showed up.

Like it or not, the gameplay is encouraging army slaying heroes to be played instead of rank and file troops.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion