Buffs Gone Wild

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Buffs Gone Wild

Postby Muklas » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:43 pm

Stop being butthurt Call.
Ha ha, I'm using the shaving foams!
Muklas

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:57 pm

I have to agree with kemious in that most players on alteil don't know how to play refess. In fact, I'd say overall refess is probably the worst played sphere. Too many players focus first on killing first and then setting up a field, when they should be focusing first on setting up their field and then killing. I often see this mentality reflected by the SS most refess players choose (aggressive damage SS), the units they select, and in how their files flow.

While playing as refess I've never had significant problems facing falkow because I make sure my files can handle return (much in the same way I ensure my files can handle shades and lvl 3 rush files). In fact, if you're playing a lvl 3 refess file and you can't beat enemy returns your file needs work. The only argument I can buy is if you're playing a mid/big-refess file and are having trouble against units like diondora and mystere, since you'd need specific cards to combat them that you may not have.

As for guardian, you're telling me a unit with 70 hp and 10 defense is consistently getting one-hit ko'd? I don't believe that at all. The average lvl 3 unit usually deals around 40-50 damage, so I find it often takes 2+ hits without any support. I don't consider the fact that 2 lvl 3s can take out a lone lvl 4 a problem at all. It seems to me most players here are expecting a unit that you can just throw out there and have it stand on it's own (this is a lvl 4 we're talking about), when that defeats the entire purpose of what refess is about.

Scientiafide

Postby skillll7 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:00 pm

On the inverse of the spectrum, maybe we do need these OHKO units because Guardian and friends are too good at what they do.
Cute dog too cute...
skillll7

Postby Peralisc9001 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:31 pm

There's not much point in first setting up and then buffing and walling up because as previously mentioned stuff gets stomped down.

+ it was already mentioned they would make sure stuff would "happen" thus stuff would get stomped
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:33 pm

Scientiafide wrote:As for guardian, you're telling me a unit with 70 hp and 10 defense is consistently getting one-hit ko'd?

sorceror monk of regus says hi.

MAgic greatswordman says hi.

sea serpent says hi.

lelein says hi. etc etc blah blah blah.

EN says hi blah blah blah.

Oh mustn't forget kurina+rhino combo.
Last edited by Callonia on Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Callonia

Postby GonFreeces31 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:36 pm

Why are you counting sorc monk and magic greatsword? You usually play guardian turn 3 and those units get pwned by guardian then.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Scientiafide » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:38 pm

Callonia wrote:
Scientiafide wrote:As for guardian, you're telling me a unit with 70 hp and 10 defense is consistently getting one-hit ko'd?

sorceror monk of regus says hi.

MAgic greatswordman says hi.

sea serpent says hi.

lelein says hi. etc etc blah blah blah.

EN says hi blah blah blah.

Sorcerer monk is an endgame unit (requiring lots of sphere lvls and sp to work), magic greatswordsman requires someone to have a lvl 8 falkow sphere level (costing 5 more sp than the 3 required to play most of the units in a wk file), sea serpent is another lvl 4 and requires the unit to be engaged, lelein one-hits everything at the cost of 1 sp and killing an ally (not counting revive costs), and there isn't an EN unit that can one-hit guardian.

Scientiafide

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:04 pm

Callonia

Postby Kemious » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:23 pm

Damn . I'm sorry for that Callonia, it appears I lost some credibility after that move... And to be completely honest there wasn't very much you could have done to dodge that combo. To begin with I wasn't straight up pointing to you when I was mentioning the lack of support units being played I was talking about the sphere in general.

But Just cause I'm been experimenting with other file types out side of your standard solar doesn't mean I that I have had a change loyalty. In fact the majority of my file even my Multisphere files still have large Refess influences in them. Currently I've been rocking Bophers and his merrymen with interesting effects. As a whole I find
messing with other files gives me a bit more of an insight to Sp flow and the in workings of all the other spheres. Like I used to think that Merc Nation just steam rolled Refess no problem but playing with them has giving me much more of an insight to the sphere of Gowen.
His blood is of iron and his heart of glass
He survived through countless battles
Not even once retreating
Not even once being victorious
The bearer lies here alone
Thus, my life needs no meaning
This body is made out infinite swords
Kemious

Postby Callonia » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:28 pm

Fine kemious but the fact that Its trivially easy for magical greatswordman to reach 90 attack by turn 4 still stands in the replay. While being immune to attacks.
Callonia

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion