Sprint #3 11/30/2012

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: Sprint #3 11/30/2012

Postby Peralisc9001 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:39 am

hexagram wrote:May sound harsh but if you really want to block him delete hus accounts as he account shares which is against terms. Plus systematically delete his forum accounts.

Probably not worth the effort. Or just ignore and do not feed the troll and he will leave.

Actually as a forum admin you have the possibility to completely erase an account in the admin panel.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Shirozaki » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:35 am

hexagram wrote:Probably not worth the effort. Or just ignore and do not feed the troll and he will leave.

...How long have you been around?
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" - Inscription above the gates of Alteil
Romdeau wrote:I don't have much else to say to you other than you live in your own world if you believe I have active enemies around Alteil besides from Demongod.
Shirozaki

Postby CainHyde » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:38 am

Shirozaki wrote:
hexagram wrote:Probably not worth the effort. Or just ignore and do not feed the troll and he will leave.

...How long have you been around?

He must be new here.
"Humans fall to corruption.
So too do saints and heroes.
There is no stopping it.
That in itself is salvation."
CainHyde

Postby fargone » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:04 pm

Logress wrote:Well, it certainly makes sense that someone would rather work a real job for 4X the amount per hour, but the data doesn't support it. In reality, any internet/gaming professional will tell you that if these holes exist, they will be leveraged, and over time this will increase by larger and large amounts until it cripples your game. If you let anything scale up such as making alts, it will until it ruins the game for others. Do you think there will be the occasional high level person aggressively leveling up through crest for the treasure battles to give to his main? Really? You know the hardcore grinders. Newbies will be going to Folrart because the chances of getting an Underdog player there will be higher than the chances of getting a non aggressive grinder in Crest. Exploits like this need to be reasoned out at the beginning stage, anything else is bad, lazy design. We've got enough of that built in, god knows, we don't need to repeat the same mistakes in new code.

And obviously the goal is not make 10-20$ dollars each from 10X the number of users, it's to make 5-10$ each from 100 times the users. Unfortunately, getting a new customer has a cost (such things as advertising, PR, customer service, etc), and getting a new paying customer has a higher cost. For Alteil as it is now, the cost of getting a user who will spend $20 is significantly higher than $20 (search the interwebs for discussions about Zynga's fall for more on this phenomenon). As for the factors that can lower this cost, we have consulted with a number of industry professionals and did our own research. To be honest most of the answers were some form of "make the game more mainstream" (IE, lose the anime art, remove the strategy elements from the game, etc) which we didn't feel were particularly right for Alteil. However, we did get some useful info and that's what put us on the path we are now.

The idea of the marketplace was mostly added because we're starting to feel like we don't have enough time to reach the end of our path before the game implodes if we don't do something. In a marketplace, the players will (eventually) set the prices. Even if the cost of packs from us don't change, the number purchased from us should be more than enough to provide circulation, when added to cards from other sources. Once prices are set, buying packs from us will be something that resellers do, after calculating the money they can make on the average set of pulls. One Bringer will pay for the pack, and the rest of it will be be enough cards to supply two or three newbies with the cards to make a whole file, essentially. Non-resellers might not even consider buying from the game in that case. Personally, as someone who has always worked in business, I kind of like the escape from competitive market economy playing video games brings me, but it may be the only kind of solution that will actually 'fix' the economy, and grow and change as the game does.

Your new name" No Progress Logress

Sorry mate, I had higher expectations. Nothing at all has changed, and your auction is bad patch on a worn tube. The game remains unchanged, it looks the same it feels the same and it is the same.

I do understand you want to lose your old clients and replace them with new ones. I am unimpressed at your methods of squeezing them to the final drop on their way out in every regard, whether it be money, ideas or numbers.

Shame on you.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby onegin » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:01 am

Still no VISA?
onegin

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:39 pm

onegin wrote:Still no VISA?

Sorry for the delay - it's on our court now and we are working internal QA before we go live. Shouldn't be too much longer.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:07 pm

VISA failed our internal QA

Scenario:

1) User buys gran for main. All good.
2) User buys gran for alt. VISA throws an error about multiple accounts but everything else behaves normally (account charged, gran granted, premium granted if applicable)

Expected behavior:

1) User buys gran for main. All good.
2) User buys gran for alt. All good.
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:50 am

Moving into the new office in Jan and got a brand new computer coming in. :D

New Expenses incurred:
14th floor ocean view Boston office in seafood district, subsidized by Fish and Richardson - $150/month
New computer, RasberyPi - $35 one time fee (Used as dumb terminal to remote desktop to a VM in Germany - visual studio and operating system on VM sponsored by Microsoft Bizspark program. VM uses 4GB of ram and 2 cores of previously unused power on the test server)
MysteryMan

Postby MysteryMan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 am

A post about sprint #3 alongside what's going on with sprint #4 is a few days off.

We also still owe you some finical reports, so expect the last few month's reports soon too.
MysteryMan

Postby thatdave » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:37 pm

Greetings everyone. I would like to share my information with our voice actress for the videos.

At Connecticon, I was chatting up a very nice person who turned out to be one of our guests of honor. (I really should try to enjoy the con more than just work at it so these things don't surprise me as much.)

It turns out not only does she have an absolutely wonderful voice, she has also been a fan of the game for a year and rattled off a few cards on the spot that she loved. Quite a lucky find.

I expect to hear back from her soon, she is probably on vacation for a bit. There are only minor things that need correcting for the voice work but it makes all the difference.
thatdave

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion