Weekly Tournaments

User suggestions to improve the game

Weekly Tournaments

Postby ZeroMan » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:03 pm

so the card/comic shop near my house has started free weekendly yu-gi-oh tournaments. the turnout has actually been quite amazing actually, allowing them to sell more packs and single cards at a faster rate, thus almost doubling their weekendly profits.

so that brings me to my point. since gran, for the most part, can be obtained freely by any player (pay, recycles, mirage master) a weekly or weekendly series of tournaments would be a great idea to promote a greater player base for Alteil US.

I personally did enjoy the themed tournaments that was held last year a few times and would like to see them play the majority role for these tournaments. The obvious themes would be a welcome, like: carbuncles, lvl3 wizard kingdom, mid refes, gowen rush, etc. i do want a couple basic rules because some of these files may be hard to deal with, no more than 2 copies of each unit and no more than one copy of each grim.

i hope with this schedule, or one like it, we would be able to hold 2-4 tournaments per day.
Friday - Sunday
10am-10pm -5 GMT
Entry Cost: 25gran

Rewards
1st: 50point cards 500gran
2nd: 40point cards 250gran
3rd: 30point cards 100gran
4th - 10th: 10point cards 25gran
11th and lower: 5point cards

i personally think the point card prizes are pretty solid as is but with the possibility of the auction house being a reality. i think the gran rewards may need to be worked on a bit. i do think, however, that first through fourth should atleast gain a free entry to the next tournament of their choice.
ZeroMan

Re: Weekly Tournaments

Postby Ropey » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:11 am

I fear this will fall on deaf ears. atm all you can hope for is that someone from the community comes forward.
"My mind is not for rent to any god or government"

ImageImageImage
Ropey

Postby ZeroMan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:21 am

yeah im just hoping to break the monotony for some of the older players and myself. i normally dont do more than 5 games a day. atleast with tournaments, some new breathe could be blown into the game because every tournament ive entered was pretty fun.
ZeroMan

Postby WhiteDragon2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:47 am

I would just use the same prizes and times as alteil uses normally, I personally like them better. Would be nice to have more tournements though.
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind.'
WhiteDragon2

Postby ZeroMan » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:27 pm

WhiteDragon2 wrote:I would just use the same prizes and times as alteil uses normally, I personally like them better. Would be nice to have more tournements though.

thats why i figured the 10am start would be a good place for our friends across the pond. yeah i also mean to have possibly two tournament rooms going at once if possible but really keep them going till the final tournaments have ended and ranks are able to be calculated. i personally wouldnt mind waiting till the next day to have rewards done if it means we could do this.
ZeroMan

Return to Safiria's Planning Bureau