What is Evil God Elgandi suppose to do?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

What is Evil God Elgandi suppose to do?

Postby darkrain » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:28 am

In Set 12, we have new dual sphere lvl5 5* character Evil God Elgandi.
Wow, dual sphere lvl5 Hero
wait wtf is that status?
50HP 20ATK AGI4 RNG1 !?
It just have same status point as Highland-born Hunter, which is a lv2 unit!!

What 20ATK could do?
We know that he have good trait, but what 20ATK and RNG1 would just let Elgandi able to remove
lvl1 Great Spirit (and opponent have to put them on front line too)

with a conditional 3SP close skill that just allow him to get 30ATK and 5AGI.
And his action skill need 3SP to attack 2 units, much more than normal 1SP or 2SP cost.

With so many sphere and sp invested, it seems New Evil God Elgandi can't do much for the game.
What exactly does New Evil God Elgandi suppose to do?
darkrain

Re: What is Evil God Elgandi suppose to do?

Postby NitroDino » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:55 am

To be a troll. :lol:
NitroDino

Postby idol » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:02 am

U should see him in a high SP file(like the grim GMB file), with song of hero, he can clear your field pretty quick.
Ah... Everything's about MONEY, now that makes much more sense...
idol

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:04 am

You seem to be doing a pretty good job of making him work, despite his obvious flaws-so I'm not quite sold on this ostensible whine thread. Admittedly, he is a bit weak but let me be straight here-we didn't want to change his design, because we liked the theme and how it fit with the character. However, we've never had any kind of experience or data working with a unit that possesses such a powerful trait. So my take on it was to "let the players decide". In this case, I think we can work with usage data and win% to determine whether or not a card should be improved.
Romdeau

Postby darkrain » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 am

I like his theme so that I have build a file with him and gen tons of sp.
However when playing several matches, it seems there are many cards that could replace Evil God Elgandi with tons of sp.
It wins the game not due to the ability of Elgandi, it is sp advantages win the game.

Unit immune from soul skills or huge damage output to the field seems would be better choice when compare with Elgandi.
As what you invested in Elgandi could generate more damage output by others huge unit.

I am interested to see other players comment and how would they play with Elgandi.
darkrain

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Romdeau wrote:You seem to be doing a pretty good job of making him work, despite his obvious flaws-so I'm not quite sold on this ostensible whine thread. Admittedly, he is a bit weak but let me be straight here-we didn't want to change his design, because we liked the theme and how it fit with the character. However, we've never had any kind of experience or data working with a unit that possesses such a powerful trait. So my take on it was to "let the players decide". In this case, I think we can work with usage data and win% to determine whether or not a card should be improved.

I find elgandi to be fine. For me it's an interesting fun card. Could get better if there will be better support for him in the future. It would be ok if he gets beaten or countered by disruption, i mean it's quite strong.

But since you talk about win% on rares, what about things like thunderbolt and bander and 4 star yuni? The gunner girls are garbage, everyone agreed upon that long time ago (more than just on a single occasion).
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby fargone » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Romdeau wrote:You seem to be doing a pretty good job of making him work, despite his obvious flaws-so I'm not quite sold on this ostensible whine thread. Admittedly, he is a bit weak but let me be straight here-we didn't want to change his design, because we liked the theme and how it fit with the character. However, we've never had any kind of experience or data working with a unit that possesses such a powerful trait. So my take on it was to "let the players decide". In this case, I think we can work with usage data and win% to determine whether or not a card should be improved.

In other words, Rom designed this card and takes your dissing his card personally.

Try not to do this in future.

I have to laugh at "let the players decide" directly followed by, "I think we can work with usage data and win% to determine whether or not a card should be improved." Unless my comprehension is failing me, it basically says, "Let us let the players decide before ignoring them and turning to data."
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby GOSCAR » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:46 pm

If you have to wait for data to tell you new Elgandi is a bad card you should seriously resign from the testing team.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Khiruki » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:52 pm

I have to agree with Darkrain's opinion; Elgandi is mostly used for style points over actually being the best possible use for the SP. Elgandi is really cool, but it takes a long time for him to buff up enough to actually become a threat. Better results could probably be obtained dropping Zalzagul and Joachim and spamming grimoires.

Really funny to watch once he can get rolling though. Just need to hope the opponent isn't packing too much MaxHP hate, Defense breakers, or send to cemetery grimoires.
ImageImage
Khiruki

Postby asxlen64 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:04 pm

darkrain wrote:In Set 12, we have new dual sphere lvl5 5* character Evil God Elgandi.
Wow, dual sphere lvl5 Hero
wait wtf is that status?
50HP 20ATK AGI4 RNG1 !?
It just have same status point as Highland-born Hunter, which is a lv2 unit!!

What 20ATK could do?
We know that he have good trait, but what 20ATK and RNG1 would just let Elgandi able to remove
lvl1 Great Spirit (and opponent have to put them on front line too)

with a conditional 3SP close skill that just allow him to get 30ATK and 5AGI.
And his action skill need 3SP to attack 2 units, much more than normal 1SP or 2SP cost.

With so many sphere and sp invested, it seems New Evil God Elgandi can't do much for the game.
What exactly does New Evil God Elgandi suppose to do?

honest opinion, a1 version of him was a flop, the a2 version is the true winner of evil. where he has no trait but his action, if he is lvl9 3sp sends all enemies to the grave and his close only cost him -1lvl and fully healed. he is still being used today.
NitroDino : the thing I don't like about blacksun type players is the only thing they want is to win.
Thank mitsu for this sig.
SMILE/IVEY: ふふふ、笑わせるわね。君じゃ、私を雇うなんて100年以上は甘いわヨ
asxlen64

Next

Return to Alteil General Discussion