Questions from a newbie

Game FAQ and Beginner's Corner

Questions from a newbie

Postby squarta » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Hey all.I have started to play Alteil again (i have stopped for about an year,before the failure of the game) and want to spend some money on the game.

What do you suggest me to do?
I know that i have to avoid the random way of getting cards (sadly,i have already throw some money on these things) and i have read that is a good thing to buy a prebuilt deck.

I am mainly interested to focus on Latwia and/or Falkow.What's the best deal at the moment?

And what about the EX 11 cards?Do i need to get them (are they wortwhile) or it's better to save grans for the future?

Thanks everyone for support! :D
squarta

Re: Questions from a newbie

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:23 pm

You actually get pretty good CPC if you spend exclusively on things like beginner packs, EX packs, and prebuilts. Sets you should generally avoid unless you plan to spend hundreds of dollars. The Refess EX pack goes really well with the carbuncle prebuilt file, if you're looking for something specific to buy.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:35 pm

If you buy the lawtia ex pack, and PC a sumer and a bitter destiny, and get/pc a death's embrace from the beginner's pack, you can get a top notch hounds file going.
Icyman2

Postby squarta » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:38 pm

GonFreeces31 wrote:You actually get pretty good CPC if you spend exclusively on things like beginner packs, EX packs, and prebuilts. Sets you should generally avoid unless you plan to spend hundreds of dollars. The Refess EX pack goes really well with the carbuncle prebuilt file, if you're looking for something specific to buy.

Thanks for the fast reply.What do you mean with "CPC"?

Yeah,i have read that carbuncle prebuilt+EX 11 Refess is a good deal but,like i have written before,i am at the moment interested in Latwia and Falkow.Are the EX 11 cards for these two spheres good to buy for an overall purpose?Or they are good only in specific files that require other high rarity cards? (i see for example that Falkow EX have lot of mermaids).

Thanks ^^
squarta

Postby Scientiafide » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:51 pm

I'd avoid the EX packs if I were you, unless you like to spend a lot of money. $4 for 2 EX cards, 2 2 stars and a 1 star is not exactly my definition of a good deal. You also have the right idea in avoiding the randomized purchases, although sometimes there are special buying events that are really good. When these events come along, you should definitely check on the forums for more info since at times these are the best deals (players are not at all shy when it comes to giving feedback on these).

If you're a low spender, the beginner's pack isn't a bad idea if you want a playset of cards at a low price. I'd also recommend picking up the new starters with your starter switcher if you haven't already. Prebuilts are kind of pricy at the standard 1500 gran price, but if you want a new file to play with right away it's probably the cheapest way to go about it. You should definitely buy prebuilts on the week of their release since they receive a huge discount of 1k gran.

If I were you though, I'd personally wait on buying anything else. I believe they plan on changing the pricing and shop options in a few months, so you could probably get a better deal then.

Scientiafide

Postby Peralisc9001 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:46 pm

squarta wrote:Hey all.I have started to play Alteil again (i have stopped for about an year,before the failure of the game) and want to spend some money on the game.

What do you suggest me to do?
I know that i have to avoid the random way of getting cards (sadly,i have already throw some money on these things) and i have read that is a good thing to buy a prebuilt deck.

I am mainly interested to focus on Latwia and/or Falkow.What's the best deal at the moment?

And what about the EX 11 cards?Do i need to get them (are they wortwhile) or it's better to save grans for the future?

Thanks everyone for support! :D

Wait for lotto rarity up event and check forums before spending. Only once it's confirmed the content you get for the gran is good spend!

Also a good way is to use your gran is to pay for targeted items that you know for sure what they are, such as EX and prebuilts and even then ASK and ASK again and ASK a third time just to make sure the stuff is actually good.

See some prebuilts just plain suck (natural born killers).
But you could get carbuncles prebuilt and refess EX pack 11 x3 for a full carbuncle file. Good luck getting obsidian carbuncle tho. And cross fingers they don't get nerfed, eventho they are basically the only real low cost option the game has.

If you play falkow Oeste is STRONG! EX mermaid is also CRAZY STRONG!
Lawtia is okeyish, i wouldn't get them since the cost for EX is too high.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby squarta » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Thanks everyone for your advices.

In the end i have spent 20 bucks to get some grans.
I have decided to buy the Falkow EX 11 and untill now i'm very satisfied about it.The Mermaid EX is way better than my old tank (Sea Hunter) and Oeste has made me win two games untill now.

For the prebuilt i will wait a little bit.Now i don't have enough gran to buy one but i could recycle some cards from Set 11. (i have got a complete playset) I know though that my 5 stars could be useful in future so i will resist to the temptation. :)

Now i need to program my next move ^^
squarta

Return to Lapierre Sensei's Classroom