What is Evil God Elgandi suppose to do?

Everything that doesn't go anywhere else.

Re: What is Evil God Elgandi suppose to do?

Postby GonFreeces31 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:13 pm

I think this was the exact card from jp alteil. I don't think they changed it at all.
The True Hero / Callonia
GonFreeces31

Postby Icyglare » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:51 pm

Even though it seems hard to use now, because of it's trait, they couldn't make it that good. But of course, somewhere down the line, someone shows up with some combo that will make it seem unfair.
For a large amount of various Alteil Replays, try youtube link

<-- http://www.youtube.com/AlteilReplays -->

CEM guild brah!
Icyglare

Postby Icyman2 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:58 pm

he has close skill suppression and ss denial
makes him one of the better units out there provided you put some resources into him
Icyman2

Postby Romdeau » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 pm

fargone wrote:
Romdeau wrote:You seem to be doing a pretty good job of making him work, despite his obvious flaws-so I'm not quite sold on this ostensible whine thread. Admittedly, he is a bit weak but let me be straight here-we didn't want to change his design, because we liked the theme and how it fit with the character. However, we've never had any kind of experience or data working with a unit that possesses such a powerful trait. So my take on it was to "let the players decide". In this case, I think we can work with usage data and win% to determine whether or not a card should be improved.

In other words, Rom designed this card and takes your dissing his card personally.

Try not to do this in future.

I have to laugh at "let the players decide" directly followed by, "I think we can work with usage data and win% to determine whether or not a card should be improved." Unless my comprehension is failing me, it basically says, "Let us let the players decide before ignoring them and turning to data."

What is your problem? Starting at some point you have been so hostile towards Alteil and its staff its getting to the point where you come across just as a rude troll. Your approach to Gon is embarrassing and frankly I'm surprised because I once called you a friend. If you continue to repeat these attacks and flame baits you will find yourself making enemies quickly.

To address your actual content, no this card is 95% unchanged from the Japanese version and we added the lock immunity for a bit more flavor and a minor buff.
Romdeau

Postby fargone » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:35 am

Honestly Rom, you take criticism in the same manner as my daughter. Hear the message between the lines - stop taking everything to heart...

... and perhaps you could clarify for me what you meant by those two phrases? You have left an impression that maybe you weren't aiming for.

Personally, I have no issues with the card.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby Romdeau » Thu Jan 03, 2013 6:54 am

Stop deflecting personal responsibility for what you say on these forums-that excuse doesn't work with me. You have a history of repeatedly badgering and harassing users and staff around these forums and it is often unprovoked.

What ambiguity are you talking about? I meant what I said in my previous statement and I don't see a need to reiterate it. On the contrary, I might say that you need to hear the message that's lying right in front of you.
Romdeau

Postby fargone » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:33 am

"let the players decide"

"I think we can work with usage data and win% to determine whether or not a card should be improved."

Can you see the ambiguity here? Is it the players, or is it the data that will decide errata? :roll:

If calling people to task is badgering I'm guilty of it in droves.

Deflecting responsibility is something the staff have done very effectively in the past. I am also guilty of pointing that out (in the past). Please don't project that onto me.

I have pm's of support here from you personally regarding my treatment of Gonfreeces, my questioning of logress in the past and my general outspokenness when it comes to issues the general populace want to ask. What changed Rom?

I'm not sure what an enemy in Alteil forums means.

Edit: I found this - ambiguity removed?

Romdeau wrote:When push comes to shove, Logress responds much more noticeably to statistics than popular opinion.
GonFreeces31 wrote:
fargone wrote:I realise this is completely off topic, but Icy deserves the limelight more than others. Some of whom dominate the forums with their endless posts.

What, I make legit points too...
fargone

Postby LoneKnight » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:04 am

There seems to be a misunderstanding here.

You could say that data decides the errata, because without data there is no way to know what to errata. What that data is, however, is up to what the players do with the cards. So the two are not mutually exclusive (more like they are parts of the exact same process), and I'm not sure how you got the idea that they are.
LoneKnight

Postby Kouseo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:14 am

My problem is...he's a 5* >_>
Kouseo

Postby Peralisc9001 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:53 am

Gon was jumping the gun, he had it coming for him. Now fargone is to be blamed for that? LOL

Stop the double standards.

Also most of fargones posts are actually perfectly fine. Only one or two are somewhat off (the one that was first addressed to that dave).
Also he was asking where the changes are. Well i seriously also wonder where they are. Not even the new chat is up, it's reasonable to ask what's going on. And that's basically what fargone was doing.

Sigh, but i'd be in serious trouble if i wouldn't at least have some serious excuses for my customers. Usually i just go along. It doesn't take much effort / time / resources whatever to comply.
Imagine what this place would be like if it was a computer shop /a bar / insurance office. Whichever you like to compare it to. It wouldn't look good at all.

Rom you have a history of misjudging people when convenient. Also getting fussed up over minor stuff.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

PreviousNext

Return to Alteil General Discussion