Folrart Psycho Soldier Soul Skill discussion

Strategies and Card File Construction

Folrart Psycho Soldier Soul Skill discussion

Postby exemplar » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Folrart Psycho Soldier SS:
0 sp
[Conditional use / refess level 3 or higher]
Return a random disengaged unit of agi 3 or higher to player's card file. You get 1 less sp at the beginning of your next turn.

Black Turtle North / Ladol SS:
0 sp
Return a disengaged unit of agi 4 or higher to player's card file. You get 2 less sp at the beginning of your next turn.

So comparing the two:

1 less sp penalty
Wider net (3 agi vs 4 agi)
Requires 3 in Refess
May hit an allied disengaged unit.

Thoughts?
Last edited by exemplar on Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Character conversations on hiatus until I get my photobucket sorted out.

Blog on hiatus until I find a new hosting site.
exemplar

Re: Folrart Psycho Soldier Soul Skill discussion

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:17 pm

Oh lol.
It's even more powerful than you thought actually. There is an and then clause on psycho soldier ss (so if it whiffs, you don't get -1 sp next turn).
But it is very well balanced. To use it, you would have to use all agi 2 or lower units, which in the current meta is... nothing. You also need to have 3 refess sphere. It just makes ex lap viable again.
Also note the random part. It can return a shade or a sylph of your opponent which isn't helpful, especially considering the -1 sp next turn.
It can also backfire on your own unit. Even if you are using an ex lap file, you probably have sylphs to make sure that it hits something if your opponent only has agi 2 or less units too. Sylphs are 3 agi, so it can backfire on your sylph.

Anyways, I think it's one of the highlights of set 12. See my thread for an example.
Icyman2

Postby Peralisc9001 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:18 pm

Yes, you can exploit this with ex lapiere and 2 AGI unit. Totally powercreep in that regard.
~ Retired ~
perhaps until the game is actually improved through change or perhaps forever since there are so damn many other games and better things to do @_@
http://www.educatinghumanity.com/2012/0 ... anies.html
Peralisc9001

Postby Anima13 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:55 am

Well in terms of requiring slyph to be a safe hit it seems balanced as you need 1 sl in falkow for that to work. But if you dont need it, its much stronger then any other removal.

My issue with this soul is not that its strong but that for a refess sl dependent soulskill, its completly out of theme for refess. refess was never about return. In fact its an other example for a sphere getting something from the sphere it is usually weak to. I am not sure this is a good idea.
Anima13

Postby gadu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Anima13 wrote:My issue with this soul is not that its strong but that for a refess sl dependent soulskill, its completly out of theme for refess. refess was never about return. In fact its an other example for a sphere getting something from the sphere it is usually weak to. I am not sure this is a good idea.

I think a motivation might be to move Refess away from their "walls" theme, and into a style that "makes things happen." It's probably to make them more competitive.
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby gadu » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:00 pm

Can Logress or whoever else has the power make a serial that gives all players 3 copies of Shear Winds so players can defend themselves from triple Psycho Soldier SS? :D
Abuser Punisher / Callonia
gadu

Postby Icyman2 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:36 am

Play defective embrace tidal crest spy. First 2 ss is owl sage and asuet. There you go... defense vs psycho soldier ss.
Icyman2

Postby GOSCAR » Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:48 am

Yeah let's all play the same deck.
One does not play alteil the way they want. -Gon

False Slash- Rom
GOSCAR

Postby Callonia » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm

gadu wrote:
Anima13 wrote:My issue with this soul is not that its strong but that for a refess sl dependent soulskill, its completly out of theme for refess. refess was never about return. In fact its an other example for a sphere getting something from the sphere it is usually weak to. I am not sure this is a good idea.

I think a motivation might be to move Refess away from their "walls" theme, and into a style that "makes things happen." It's probably to make them more competitive.

Except that refess units is too squishy to make things happen on their own lulz.

And I'm betting they might **** up and turn solar kingdom into other agi 3 tribe that is just as bad as duchy of crest.
Callonia

Postby randomguy00 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:32 pm

Duchy has good stuff...
randomguy00

Return to Annarose's Sanctum